Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will check her mouth now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Her mouth looks normal to me. There do not appear to be any sores. It looks the same as her sisters.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I've never seen / heard a cat do this before - it may be a copy sound if, as you say her sister does it too, but not worth risking there being something bothering her in her mouth:   as this is a change in her behaviour I would strongly suggest letting a vet take a look.

I have posted a lot about Mouse having had mouth ulcers / sores when he was younger.   I knew he wasn't well and his breath smelled bad but no matter how much I looked in his mouth I couldn't see anything wrong other than the redness around his teeth / gum edges.   In fact he had nasty lesions under his tongue, one on his tongue, and to the back of his mouth plus tonsils.  The vet saw them right away holding his head carefully and knowing what to look for.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I've never seen / heard a cat do this before - it may be a copy sound if, as you say her sister does it too, but not worth risking there being something bothering her in her mouth:   as this is a change in her behaviour I would strongly suggest letting a vet take a look.

I have posted a lot about Mouse having had mouth ulcers / sores when he was younger.   I knew he wasn't well and his breath smelled bad but no matter how much I looked in his mouth I couldn't see anything wrong other than the redness around his teeth / gum edges.   In fact he had nasty lesions under his tongue, one on his tongue, and to the back of his mouth plus tonsils.  The vet saw them right away holding his head carefully and knowing what to look for.
The sound you hear is me. I was trying to get her to look at the camera so the sound is me clicking my tongue. I am worried about the motion with her mouth. 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sound you hear is me. I was trying to get her to look at the camera so the sound is me clicking my tongue. I am worried about the motion with her mouth. 
Is she still doing it? I still think you need to get her to a vet.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is going into the vet soon. I was just hoping someone had had this happen before.