Kaylee and Teufel do Stuttgart!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

i just took the time to go through it!
As i get home tricia you will have to write me a list of all the foods they like, so i can order from the stores you get from
I'm putting together some "samples" that you'll have to take home with you, along with the Panic Mouse and "Snakie" (a wand toy that Kaylee absolutely loves). One thing you'll definitely have to do is change their litter. They love "Golden Grey" from www.zooplus.de, and use Jamie's litter box at every opportunity. It's a clumping litter, so it should cut down on the amount of rubbish you have every week.
Kaylee went into heat last week (I'm 99% sure), so you'll probably have to schedule an appointment for her to be spayed ASAP. I've put the photos I've been taking in a file, and will attach it to an email for you (.zip).
These two are so lovable. I'm really wondering what they're going to do when they see you. I'd "steal" them from you, if it weren't for the fact that Jamie would freak. I've really been enjoying having two youngsters here. Robert finds them hysterical.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Not really. It's just that we both love baskets of all kinds, like most cats. Today we didn't get out of our room for very long (maybe two hours total), because the workers were back, installing "Pet Screen" in the windows. We want to play! The lady can opener promised that we could stay out all afternoon tomorrow, though. Our mom is flying back tomorrow, so she should be picking us up by the weekend.
This is me (Kaylee) in a wash basket:

And here's Teufel in a shopping basket:

Correction: Our mom got back to Germany today!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
As soon as I open the door, they're right there, chirping away. I just got off the phone with Fran - she's picking them up tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to see what they do when they see her. Maybe I'll be able to get some photos.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have done a wonderful job babysitting for Fwan's kitties.
They will be happy to see their Mommy but I bet they are going miss you just a little bit Tricia.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The latest picture of Kaylee is just adorable! Fran, I'll bet you can't wait to see your babies!

I think Lei is right, you're going to miss them! Who wouldn't?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I miss them already. Right now, they're on their way back to Frankfurt. Unfortunately, I managed to get just one picture taken before my batteries died - I forgot to recharge them yesterday - and Fran wasn't in it!
Jamie was very pleased to see them go. He even hissed at Fran and her mother when they were here. I think having the "babies" here for a week and a half got to him.

Auf Wiedersehen, Katzis! I really enjoyed your stay, and will miss your chirps and meows, and the pitter-patter of your little feet racing around the house. Be good, and enjoy being back home with your mom, grandparents, cat tree, and without a big cat growling at you!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's really going to hit me tomorrow morning, since they were always so happy to see me in the a.m., and demanded their cuddles (and breakfast). I wonder if they'll remember their stay here when they play with the toys I sent back with them? Fran is going to freak out when she empties the bag and box I sent back with them. Kaylee in particular managed to find "long lost" toys that Jamie lost interest in once he was past the kitten stage. She had so much fun with them that I just gathered them all up for her. And Teufel got his beloved Panic Mouse. Hubby has been grousing about that toy for ages, but it wasn't something I could donate to the cat home, as the policy there is "no battery-operated toys", and it could have led to fights among the cats, who are quartered in groups.
Jamie seems very relieved that they're gone. Actually, he was better with them than with other cats. There were a few encounters, and a lot of growling and hissing, on his part only, but no attacks, and all three of them liked to watch each other through glass doors.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like, on balance, it was a pretty good experience. Great that Jamie was able to confine his objections to hissing and growling. He'll be glad to get back to normal, but tomorrow morning will be tough for you

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I can sleep later tomorrow, won't have to be opening and closing doors all afternoon, and evening, or cleaning litter boxes ten times, but ... I'm going to miss them. Everything is an adventure to them, and it was so rewarding to have Kaylee demanding cuddles, as she was a bit skittish at first. Teufel was cuddly from the start, and really managed to wrap my husband around his little toe within a day or two. It was fun meeting Fran in person, and her mom, who is definitely on the same wavelength as me. Jamie was well-behaved for Jamie (his policy is no cats, no strangers, and the entire house belongs to me). Jamie has always been a bit ornery; Teufel and Kaylee are anything but that.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got home!!
They are exploring the house as if they have never seen it before, teufel isnt interested in the panic mouse! They are interested in the suitcases Ive just put the packet food you gave me and a bowl of water, they are really thirsty!

They didnt meow much at all in the car except for when my mother opened the window, kaylee wouldnt stop yowling!

Thank you so much for looking after them Tricia!

Teufel has forgiven me as he is sitting on my lap right now, i wonder if kaylee will!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You're welcome! I'm glad to hear you made it home okay. Did you get your bunny back? Kaylee and Teufel will probably be "back to normal" today. Jamie is in such a good mood today that their presence must have meant a lot of stress for him. Robert is playing piano right now - something that was impossible with two little listeners climbing all over him and the keys.
It was too quiet here this afternoon after I got home!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes Tricia. You took such loving care of Fwan's babies.
Your photos & tales of their adventures were something that I looked forward to every day.
Jamie ... you have your Mommy & Daddy all to yourself now.
Enjoy their love sweet boy and stay out of trouble for once.

Fwan...I know your babies are glad to be home...away from Jamie's hisses.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love you babies Fwan! They are gorgeous. So is Jamie! You are so lucky that Jamie and her meowmie could babysit them whle you were gone!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It must have been a lovely experience for you Tricia. I would love to do that for a member, and i think Rosie would be like Jamie

So pleased they've settled back home ok Fran