Kaylee and Teufel do Stuttgart!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Day Seven. It was too cold and windy to use the balcony today, so we simply had to get into things indoors. I (Teufel) have figured out how to open the door to the linen closet, so I checked it out. It was so messy that I had to take drastic measures, and push everything out, so that the can opener would refold and rearrange the sheets and towels. Kaylee thought that was a good idea, so she volunteered to do the shelves under the staircase where the can openers put their shoes. She made a lot of noise doing so, and scared herself, and had the nerve to use that as an excuse to cuddle with the lady can opener and push me away. I'm the lap cat here. Jamie is still growling at us, and doesn't want us to use his litter box when we're let out of our room. These photos were taken Wednesday evening, when we finally got to play in the living room. Usually Jamie is in there when we're let out, but that day he was up in the master bedroom.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
They look like they are having an absolutely fabulous time!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
They're doing amazingly well. It must be hard on them to be cooped up in one room 20 to 21 hours a day, to have strangers looking after them, and to have their friendly overtures (chirps and trills through closed doors) responded to with growls and hisses from the resident cat. Not to mention all the noise caused by workers installing new windows for 1 1/2 days! They've settled into a sort of routine, have their favorite toys, and really enjoy their meals (Fran is going to kill me - they want as much variety as Jamie does now, and sit in front of the "cat food cabinet" when they're hungry). Teufel is incredibly friendly. Our nephew came over yesterday, and Teufel got right up in his lap. Kaylee is a little skittish with strangers, but has started flopping at my feet (I guess because I'm the lady with the food and toys) and cuddling up to me.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those two little adventurers certainly seem to be having a grand time -- even if their movements are somewhat restricted most of the time.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am loving your updates. They read like a children's book.

More please.....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This thread should start a trend ..lmao...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Today was a pretty good day. It was mild enough to go out on the balcony, and we were out of our room for five whole hours this afternoon. After playing, we cuddled up on the bed with her, and once we got very sleepy she put us back in our room with our dinner.
This is the two of us checking out Jamie's cat tree:

And here's Kaylee relaxing in the living room:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
They're completely adorable, and very affectionate. They're doing their best to make friends with Jamie, but he wants no part of them.
I can't believe how well they've made up with us (me and hubby), and have adapted to their current situation. Tomorrow and Tuesday are going to be bad for them, since those are my late days at school, so their time outside their room will be limited. Teufel gave me a real scare this afternoon. They followed me down the cellar, where they love to explore, and he simply disappeared. I checked all over, couldn't find him, and resorted to opening some salmon cat food that they love. He popped up right away. I have no idea where he was "hiding". Counting cat heads is wearing me out!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just took the time to go through it!
As i get home tricia you will have to write me a list of all the foods they like, so i can order from the stores you get from

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are an angel for doing this Tricia.
How much longer will Jamie have to share your love.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Today was a lot better than expected. The lady can opener got home late, but the man can opener was home today, and he let us out in the afternoon. We ran up and down the stairs, and wrestled in the big bed. The lady can opener let us out again when she got home, so we ran around some more, and then had our dinner. This is a favorite place to climb. There's a sign up there that says. "This home is owned and operated by the cat."