Just wondering how long after you see babies moving will she have them :-)

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't let her out.  Catwoman is reading the thread. Wait and see what she advises.  It's possible we have the timing wrong and she is closer to her due date.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she got out May 21st, then tomorrow is exactly eight weeks from the 21st. Is she still having vaginal discharge right now? And how are her nipples and mammary glands?

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How much discharge do you see? Is it mucousy and hanging or drips on the floor? Need to know how much is going on.

Also meant to ask, is she usually an indoor/outdoor cat? Is there commotion in your home? Small kids, other pets, etc?

Absolutely do not allow her to go outside.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is a little but she is in her nesting area also
this is what I just wiped her with to show you she meows when I pet her but will still want to be close

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay so very little actually.

You want to see pink and never actually red too, pink is blood tinged mucous, red means a bit more bleeding then we want.

Can you answer my other questions please? Trying to get a picture of why she is wanting out.

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she went in on her own and is just laying there she didn't want nothing to do with it before

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry she is an indoor cat only but still try's to get out but the last couple days she has been trying really hard to get out there is two kids and another cat Not very much discharge looks a little thick when she got up but now looks watery but very little

Last edited:

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I put her in my room with the door closed away from the kids and other cat so to try not to stress her out

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The bottom two teats feel like there trying to fill but no discharge either

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How did I guess? 

If she were to be allowed outside, she would go off and find herself a safe, quiet and calm place to nest for her babies.

I think since she knows she is nearing time, it's her way of saying there is no privacy and quiet as she needs.

I would make sure her box is in a very secluded, private and undisturbed spot in your home, where the door can be shut to allow her the peace she is asking for now.

Keep an eye on her 'spotting', this is a great indicator of when she will go into labor.

This small amt may be a sign of pre-labor.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with Catwoman, especially since she is beginning to fill with milk. She needs to carry for another week, but you may begin to notice more and more signs that she is getting close to real labor. If she has no green or yellow or smelly discharge, and no red blood, she is probably fine. I'd keep her in a quiet, private place as catwoman advised, so she feels safe and can rest. Put her nest in this place too.

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes you wher spot on cat women :-) two crazy boys I will make her a little more space in my closet it's dark and keep my boys out of her space thank you again for the help And I will also watch out for the discharge I really appreciate the quick response.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@selina81   she may want to use the quiet space for up to four weeks.  Until she starts to wean her kittens and they are more mobile.  Just so you are aware.

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks for the info I will forsure be keeping her in the area I don't want the boys around her or the babies for a good while :-) she has been just hanging out in her lil nesting area for the last he has not come out just hanging out in there

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
woke up this morning to kittens being born mama is doing great kittens are breathing good they are looking to latch on but not to sure if they have cause she is curled up around them

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Gramma!  How many kittens did she have?  She may not eat as much today because she at the placentas.

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has two so far. One was being born when I woke up scared me for a second cause she/he was not breathing but I fliped the baby around and mama started to clean her/his face and vola breathing :-)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congrats! Now we know what all of that was about last night - whew! :)

Seems she may have been a bit further along than we thought!

How many little fluff balls did she have? :)

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did not see if the first placenta came out due to me sleeping :-( but I saw the second one and she ate it