Just a few questions :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't be scared! Cats are usually great with labor and birth, radar had an injury that made it impossible for her to birth naturally. Had I known that her hips had fused I would have taken her in sooner, but I didn't and what happened, sucks, but it happened and she is alive.

She's doing amazing today by the way!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, so good to hear that she is bouncing back today!

Has she socialized with Hugo today? :)

How is her incision looking? You do want to check it each day. And don't hesitate to bring her in if she's in pain. The follow-up should be free. You would just pay for the meds, which are not expensive.

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her incision looks great, it's not even slightly red, and Hugo is still iffy with her, he'll say hi and stuff but will not lay with her. I think he's afraid he'll hurt her.

She's napping now but has been up all morning following hubby while he got ready for work and climbing into bed with me. :)

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm finally starting to relax. I know that she's gonna be okay and I can breathe now lol.

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm still concerned about how she's handling not having the babies. She doesn't like having me put of her sight and ad soon as she wakes up she's looking for me and climbing all over me. She's much Needier than usual

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll have to talk to my husband about it. I don't think she can handle a large litter. But one or two I think..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will also return to her old self over the next couple of weeks as her pregnancy hormones subside if you end up not fostering kittens.

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So there is some dry blood on her incision. She doesn't seem to be in pain and let's me touch it to look, but it's there, she's not bleeding now either

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds okay. She's not oozing anything and it doesn't look red or feel warm to the touch, right?

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nope, it looks good, just a little blood

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was dried, sorry for the late reply, I've had a hectic day.

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's great, hugo let her lay with him finally but gets mad at her when I won't give him any of the antibiotics that that's he gets lol.

Is it normal for me to feel like the babies not making it is my fault? I've felt so awful about it the last few days for radar suffering for so long and for the kittens not being given a fighting chance and it's just eating me inside.. I know there's not much more that I could have done but I feel like crap.

Sorry if that's depressing haha but no one else will really talk to me about anything.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what you could have done differently.  You called the emergency vet, and they said wait until the morning.  You took her to the vet as soon as they opened.  You were not there when the kittens were born or died.  You can not hold yourself responsible for what others did or didn't do.  Radar is alive and well  That outcome would not have been possible without your awareness of the situation.

You're grieving for the loss of the kittens and that's normal.  You've been waiting to meet them and never got to.  Hang in there and hug Radar.  The two of you will get through this together.  I'm sure most people think it's the pregnancy hormones that are making you so upset. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's perfectly normal to grieve for a lost litter. It's very sad the babies didn't make it. I don't see anything more you could have done. It seems to be related to her hip injury, which made it impossible for her to deliver normally. There is no way any of us could have known that would be the case. Grieve, but don't be so hard on yourself.

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just feel like there was something I could've done.

I know there isn't and that I did the right thing and I'm so lucky to still have radar. It just stings a but. No one here loves their animals the way I do. They are my kids, I've raised them, fed them, housed them they are family.

Last edited: