Jigsaws

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is 1000 pieces. The easy part was assembling the different colored squares. The hard part was that the pieces are all fairly similar in shape and much of the cats was also same colors. But I enjoyed every minute.
1000 pieces! Double the pieces of the one I'm doing. Did you do it square by square?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
1000 pieces! Double the pieces of the one I'm doing. Did you do it square by square?
Originally I intended to do it cat by cat but then realized the cats has similar faces or colors on their face so I started building the frame of each cat. Easier because I could pick out most of the frames where one square ended and the next began. Then I build the colors surrounding each cat before starting on the cats themselves. Those I started with eyes and nose. I really love it when a puzzle challenges me on how to put it together. Part of the fun/mental stimulation of not looking at the box when completing It.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That's really cute susanm9006 susanm9006 ! Good luck with your puzzle rubysmama rubysmama !

Here's one we finished -

IMG_6947.jpg

It was a Bits and Pieces and was tough.

We are working on a weird one now from a thrift shop I was at one a few months ago and was going through the shelves pulling out the White Mountain ones. Someone came up next to me and grabbed the 1980’s one that I really wanted. I was in high school in the 80’s and love the 80’s. I grabbed the 1990’s one they had. My husband and I started it just a little while ago. I saw the Police Synchronicity album, which didn’t make sense. That was in the 80’s as was Pretty in Pink. I think I have the 80’s puzzle in a 90’s box! I’m hoping it’s not a mix of two puzzles but we’ll know soon.

I went to a local library a few weeks ago and they were giving away puzzles as they are moving soon. I grabbed a White Mountain one that is apparently rare and worth money! I found a few more rare ones a thrift shop the next day! I have no idea yet if any of them are complete.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
That's really cute susanm9006 susanm9006 ! Good luck with your puzzle rubysmama rubysmama !

Here's one we finished -

View attachment 467495

We are working on a weird one now from a thrift shop I was at one a few months ago and was going through the shelves pulling out the White Mountain ones. Someone came up next to me and grabbed the 1980’s one that I really wanted. I was in high school in the 80’s and love the 80’s. I grabbed the 1990’s one they had. My husband and I started it just a little while ago. I saw the Police Synchronicity album, which didn’t make sense. That was in the 80’s as was Pretty in Pink. I think I have the 80’s puzzle in a 90’s box! I’m hoping it’s not a mix of two puzzles but we’ll know soon.

I went to a local library a few weeks ago and they were giving away puzzles as they are moving soon. I grabbed a White Mountain one that is apparently rare and worth money! I found a few more rare ones a thrift shop the next day! I have no idea yet if any of them are complete.
I have done most of those from the 50’s to the 90’s. Hard but fun.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

Here's one we finished -

View attachment 467495

Great! Which White Mountain puzzle did you get?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good luck with your puzzle rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama !
I think I needed your luck, as just when I was nearing finish line there was an attempted sabotage, but the puzzle survived.
IMG_6028.jpg

And was completed. Definitely not as difficult as most of the ones posted here, but I still enjoyed doing it. And have already bought another one that is very similar. After that one, maybe I'll pull out the tiger one I've had for years and give it a try again.
IMG_6030.jpg

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Great! Which White Mountain puzzle did you get?
Placid Waters is the really rare one but I also found Lake Classics and Rock Memories.

I think I needed your luck, as just when I was nearing finish line there was an attempted sabotage, but the puzzle survived.
View attachment 467549

And was completed. Definitely not as difficult as most of the ones posted here, but I still enjoyed doing it. And have already bought another one that is very similar. After that one, maybe I'll pull out the tiger one I've had for years and give it a try again.
View attachment 467550

How cute! Both Ruby and the puzzle!

Finished! Fun but tough -

414693251_352271774216721_6271770958894914772_n.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been looking at some puzzles, contemplating which I should buy next. And can't decide whether to stick with 500 pieces, or maybe try 750 or even 1000.

Is a 1000 piece one twice as hard as a 500 piece one? Or do you still sort by colour and do it same way as a smaller piece one?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been looking at some puzzles, contemplating which I should buy next. And can't decide whether to stick with 500 pieces, or maybe try 750 or even 1000.

Is a 1000 piece one twice as hard as a 500 piece one? Or do you still sort by colour and do it same way as a smaller piece one?
Your pretty much do everything the same. A 1000 piece puzzle is a little harder because there are about double the pieces of each image - if a cat in the pic was made up of four pieces in a 500, it is probably eight in a 1000. I would go ahead and try and see what you think.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your pretty much do everything the same. A 1000 piece puzzle is a little harder because there are about double the pieces of each image - if a cat in the pic was made up of four pieces in a 500, it is probably eight in a 1000. I would go ahead and try and see what you think.
I'm still undecided between 750 and 1000 pieces. I don't want to be under challenged, but also don't want it to be so difficult that I get frustrated and give up. I've still got the 2nd 500 piece one to do, so I guess I'll just do it next, and then decide on the piece count for the next one.