Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad he is improving so good

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used the Animal Stress pack because it is more potent and Jake needed that punch! They also have the regular feline formula which I'll use as maintenance after the stress packs are all gone. The thing I like about the animal versions is that they are dry/powder and now that Jake isn't critical I just mix a teaspoon in his food. When he was really bad I was giving him 3 teaspoons of the stress packs. (1 teas. 3 times a day). I mixed it in 1-2 tsp of milk or water and gave it to him in a syringe. I came up with the dosage by reading and talking to the folks at 4LIfe Research. The company is here in Salt Lake so I was able to go in and talk to them.

Some find the human capsules easier because you can just give a pill and forget about it. It's a good size capsule though and I wasn't sure if I could get Jake to swallow it. I've been mixing the stress pack in my kitty's food here and they'r eating it well.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
btw, if you want to try it let me know and you can use my discount # and get it wholesale.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks...I was thinking I'd just open up the human capsules, and mix a portion with food (i.e. 1/4 or half a capsule, whatever would give the appropriate doseage). I think I'll show the ingredients list to my vet next weekend when Dee goes in for another eye check, and ask what she thinks re using this, and which to use (human, human plus or feline), and doseage. I will also write to this company and see what they say about doseage for the cat I want to use it on.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

btw, if you want to try it let me know and you can use my discount # and get it wholesale.
Ooh, I will take you up on that if I do go ahead. Thank you!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes they are a little reluctant to make recommendations when you email them. They are restricted by FDA regulations and have to be kind of general. The girl that does the email is very sweet though and her name is Ashley. Tell her Tammie and her persian cat, Jake sent you! Also they have vet conference calls every 1st and 3rd thursdays of the month that anyone can join. I was going to join the last one and forgot so I'm going to try to join this thursday. I'd like to ask some questions.

Yeah, the human TF, TF Plus and the Animal/feline versions are basically the same. The capsules they sometimes don't like cuz they have a mushroom as an ingredient and I guess cat's don't usually like the taste of it. The animal stress pack is the most potent and is for when the animal is in an acute stage of an illness.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost forgot... there is even an article in a past issue of DVM magazine about TF. I'll have to see if I can find it. Probably won't be till tomorrow though.

Found it fast! Here it is: Transfer Factor- DVM magazine

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jake, you're such a beautiful little boy!
Oh, Tammy, I'm so thrilled! You're an amazing Mommy, I couldn't be happier that your baby is feeling so much better!

Thank you! for this information on Transfer Factor!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh My. Jake looks wonderful and what came through on the last photos is his feeling of wellbeing. Just as you could almost feel his misery on the early ones, now he is feeling happier.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's a huge improvement! I'm so happy to see how he's recovered - the poor little mite looked so bad just a short while ago.
for your TLC!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look who I caught romping on the cat tree yesterday morning! Isn't he just a little miracle?!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Oh my!! GO JAKE!!!!

Tammie you are just amazing, doing everything you have for little Jake. His incredible recovery is a testiment to your love for him.
Thank you so much! That means a lot to me. Thanks to everyone who has supported me and Jake through this horrifying ordeal. And that's exactly what it was!

Jake got a bath tonight. A real bath! No epsom salts to make what little fur he has look greasy and wirey! He had NO pus coming out of ANY of his toes. Even the one small one he still had pus in the other day was clean. I'm sorry for going on and on but this has been a truly amazing experience. And I'm still in shock that he is still alive and not only that.... but getting better! Even the owner of Steeplechase cattery (the breeder Jake originally came from even before Dragon Pass) has been amazed. She had begged me to have him put to sleep because he looked in so much pain and misery and his outlook was so hopeless. Now she's glad I had my own mind and had to try this one last thing! No one can believe it! Even me!

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just saw this thread, and I saw how long it was, and I started reading. It was looking so grim, that I was sure by the time I got to page 15 everyone would be consoling (spelling) you. I must say though, it is amazing how he pulled out of it, a true testament to you, jake's will to live, your vet, and the power of prayer. I must say well done! I am very impressed, and when I was looking at all the pictures I found myself talking to Jake, poor boy doesnt feel well, mommy is trying her best Jake, hang in there buddy, and then suddenly it was good boy jake, and look at that handsome little rascal. I am so happy for you both. You are an amazing mommy to him. He is a very lucky boy to have you, and by the sounds of it, you are lucky to have him as well.
I hope to hear of a full recovery very soon. HUGS AND KITTY TREATS!!!!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is amazing. It's so heartwarming to see him playing on his cat tree.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Jake, you precious little miracle boy, just look at you playing on your tree!
Oh, my heart is leaping for joy, Tammy!!!
I'm so thrilled just to tears, this is so incredibly wonderful!
Way to go, you two!

passiquepersian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! I am so glad that Jake is doing so well....he is a miracle! I had a miracle kitty too (she went to her new home March 25th) so I know how much he and your other kitties mean to you! GREAT JOB with Jake....you are by far the best Mom for him!!!

Pat and Megan