Jake- Very sick

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roxy_loves_CJ

I just saw this thread, and I saw how long it was, and I started reading. It was looking so grim, that I was sure by the time I got to page 15 everyone would be consoling (spelling) you. I must say though, it is amazing how he pulled out of it, a true testament to you, jake's will to live, your vet, and the power of prayer. I must say well done! I am very impressed, and when I was looking at all the pictures I found myself talking to Jake, poor boy doesnt feel well, mommy is trying her best Jake, hang in there buddy, and then suddenly it was good boy jake, and look at that handsome little rascal. I am so happy for you both. You are an amazing mommy to him. He is a very lucky boy to have you, and by the sounds of it, you are lucky to have him as well.
I hope to hear of a full recovery very soon. HUGS AND KITTY TREATS!!!!

I was going to reply last night with something similar to what Roxy said -- you are truly a dedicated fur-mom! I started reading and cringed everytime I went to the next page waiting for very bad news... but your love and caring truly pulled Jake through, and he is looking so much better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks again everyone, for your support!

Well Jake continues to progress every day!
He is pretty much back to his normal self personality wise. He's back to tearring around the house and zooming around playing with imaginary things, terrorizing the other cats, and sharpening his claws on the carpet! and somehow, I no longer mind him clawing at the carpet! He's back to following me around and begging me to pick him up so he can hug me too! Which I love.

This has been such a nightmare but luckily with a great ending! I feel like I have a whole new outlook and attitude! I can't stop looking at Jake and am always wanting to pick him up and hug and kiss him!

The company (4Life Research), who makes Transfer Factor, has asked me to write up a journal of Jake's ordeal with included pictures. They have all been great there. I went in the other day to get some more Transfer Factor and they were all so glad to see me. And while they were happy to hear Jake was better, they were dissapointed I didn't bring new pictures! They had seen all the horrible ones when he was so sick. They all said they weren't surprised it worked for Jake but were so excited to see my reaction that it had worked!
I was a real skeptic and only tried it because there weren't many options left, Jake was at the end, and there was a money back gaurentee on it!

I probably will not post in this thread as often now. Unless there is a major update or something going on. I feel like when I post new pictures now, they really belong more in the fur pictures only forum! I think from now on I will mostly post new pictures in my "More Really Cute Persian's" Thread!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to thank you again...today was our apt. and I gave a copy of the DVM article on Transfer factor to my vet to read, as well as a copy of the feline version of this, to get her approval.

I will be in touch if I get the go-ahead, as I'd love to take you up on your offer of being able to get a discount on this.

If it works for Rachel, you can bet I'll start a thread on it, and let the company know as well.

jackiedee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear Tammy,
I'm a new member of CatSite, but your forum links were recommended to me by another member as possibly being pertinent to the problems I'm having with my old boy, Tommy (neutered 12 yo DSH Tuxedo). I'm very interested in the potential of Transfer Factor, as nothing seems to be helping Tommy kick this "chest cold" he's had for months. He also suffers from IBS periodically.
I was wondering what dosage of TF you gave Jake...I believe you used the Animal Stress variety, right? Have you ever tried the human stuff? I was wondering what dosage might be appropriate there, as well. I suppose I should run this by Tommy's vet...did you run TF by your vet? I'm VERY curious about this product. Any info you want to part with would be appreciated! I'm determined to give Tommy his quality of life back again! Jackiedee

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The research company that makes transfer factor recommended I give Jake the animal stress pack because of his bad condition. It is more potent then the human form or the regular feline variety. And the human capsules are very large, especially for a cat. I gave him 1 tsp of the Transfer Factor Animal stress pack, 3 times a day while he was really bad. He now gets about 1 tsp a day of the feline formula. I'm not sure why some folks want to put their animals on the human formula. I mean, it won't hurt them but there is no advantage as far as I can see (or as far as I've been told). And in fact the Animal Stress pack is actually made for pets who are in acute distress.

I did not run TF by my vet. I didn't see the point, really. All the traditional veternary medicine Jake was given failed and I was broke, broke, broke!! Since TF is a natural, homeopathic remedy and the main ingredient is bovine colustrum (mothers first milk), I just went ahead and put him on it and it worked out very well as you can see from his pictures in this thread! I don't want to advocate people not taking their cats to the vet when they're sick. I was just desperate to keep my cat alive and was running out of options.

I would be happy to help anyone out who is interested in getting Transfer Factor. I don't want to break the rules here though and would ask anyone to PM me if they want to get it. But I figure I might as well get the credit if people want to try it!

I can't tell you TF will work for Tommy. All I can do is share my story about Jake with you and let you know how well it worked for him when everything else had failed. I noticed just today that his fur is getting thicker and thicker every day. And I love looking at his ears, eyes and paws all the time and seeing they are clean and healthy looking!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread and read through the whole thing.

All I can say is thank you for being such a wonderful fur mom and not giving up on Jake! He is a beautiful kitty and is one lucky boy to have your as his mom, because others might have given up on him

I hope he's continuing to do well and doesn't have any set backs or relapses. I'll have to go look up that other thread and see if I can find some current pictures of handsome Jake

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I just found this thread and read through the whole thing.

All I can say is thank you for being such a wonderful fur mom and not giving up on Jake! He is a beautiful kitty and is one lucky boy to have your as his mom, because others might have given up on him

I hope he's continuing to do well and doesn't have any set backs or relapses. I'll have to go look up that other thread and see if I can find some current pictures of handsome Jake
Thank you for your kind words. Jake is doing great! He has not had any relapse and continues to be a joy. Everyone who meets Jake just falls in love with him instantly. Especially when you see him in person, you just know there's something special about him. He's very gentle and loving. I'll try to find (or take) some new pictures after work today and post them in the "More Really Cute Persian's" Thread.

vinny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Florida - Loving and helping strays every day
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Bump! In honor of the strong, fighting spirit of my "Buddy Boy," Steeplechase Jake Da Man.

RIP 9/19/2007
He was a great fighter and you were the greatest mom he could ever had. RIP brave Jake.
Your mom and the people of this forum will remember you as a strong, brave boy.

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry if anyone read what I first posted here -- I read the first couple of posts not realizing they were from two years ago and responded to that.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your boy - and so glad you had much more time with him than you thought you might when this thread started.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brokenheart

I'm so sorry if anyone read what I first posted here -- I read the first couple of posts not realizing they were from two years ago and responded to that.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your boy - and so glad you had much more time with him than you thought you might when this thread started.
Thanks for the kind words.