Is this starving stray pregnant, or has she had her kittens?/ Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some things are meant to be. "I swear they are trying to make us change our minds and keep them all." Do you feel that you are meant to be their forever mom? It sure seems that way. And they have surely won both yours and your mom's hearts by now. They think they are "home" with you, of course, and will be bewildered when split up. I can sense your conflicted feelings, and know that you really want to keep them. It is only your concern for your elderly mom that is giving you "paws" for thought. Mum has made it this far though ...

How badly will you kick yourself if you do not keep them? What does your heart say? Can your mom continue to cope while they get their "kitten" out of their systems? It seems she has not only done well, she has thrived on their daily cuteness and love, though perhaps not admitted it. Of course, you know what is best.

Will you always be wondering about your babies?

It happens to us foster moms sometimes. We fall in love, and we ... adopt! It is a hazard of the business, but it is life-affirming; positive. When we fall in love, we accept it and go with it, and make accommodations for it.

Consider throwing practicality to the wind, and follow your heart. Things have a way of working out the way they are meant to be. Sometimes the deal is sealed before we even realize it or accept it. I am sending fairy dust sprinkles to you and your brood, in hopes that your decision will be magical and heartfelt, and bring you every happiness, whatever that may be!

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the pictures. As usual Minstrel takes my heart. I know it will be a hard decision but I know you will do what is right for everyone concerned.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 73596

These kittens are deliberately getting cuter

With only three days to go until my beautiful rescue-foster kittens go for their de-sexing and adoption, I swear they are trying to make us change our minds and keep them all!  They are becoming more loving and cuddly as every day passes.  

Here are a few photos from last night's cuteness.

Minstrel has a habit of putting his head in my mother’s hands to go to sleep.  This was taken soon after he woke.

Minstrel  loves  hands.

Minstrel and Ginge, in that quiet cuddly lull between waking from a lap-nap, and tearing through the house like a typhoon. 

Possum and Minstrel, in the lull before the storm.

The 'pause' while they were sleeping.

At the suggestion of another foster carer, I introduced them to straws yesterday.  They were a BIG hit - - - -

All this photo needs is a glass at the bottom of the straw. 

Ginge cuddling into her big brothers.  
I'm dying of cuteness here.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Look into my eyes. You're starting to feel sleepy.

You don't want to send me to the shelter.

You want to keep me yourself.

Ah, the hypnotic power of kittens.

Cut it out, Norachan... it might work on me instead!!!  You realise they'll only be an hour away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha ha @Norachan. You cracked me up. Kittens sure do have hypnotic powers.  And @peony  , I can't think of many better ways to die!

And @Mani, are you serious....
....it might work on me instead!   You realise they'll only be an hour away.
That would be unbelievably awesome!

We could all keep getting updates through The CatSite.com! 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ha ha @Norachan. You cracked me up. Kittens sure do have hypnotic powers.  And @peony , I can't think of many better ways to die!

And @Mani, are you serious....

That would be unbelievably awesome!

We could all keep getting updates through The CatSite.com! 
That is an awesome idea!!!! I THINK WE SHOULD TAKE A VOTE THAT @Mani SHOULD GET THE THREE BABIES!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 73596

Just looked back at page two when you first found the kittens... they're so tiny...

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I really shouldn't have said anything should I?..

If I took any more cats my two would pack up and leave, I'm afraid. 

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 I really shouldn't have said anything should I?..

If I took any more cats my two would pack up and leave, I'm afraid.  
Oh well, @Mani, it was worth a try.  Three more cats would not only be a catastrophe for your two, it is illegal in our neck of the woods, so you don't really have a choice.  

So this wasn't the miracle I was hoping for.  I'm still hanging out for one.  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Oh well, @Mani, it was worth a try.  Three more cats would not only be a catastrophe for your two, it is illegal in our neck of the woods, so you don't really have a choice.  

So this wasn't the miracle I was hoping for.  I'm still hanging out for one.  
Really? Is it illegal to have more than two cats in Australia?

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
It is not illegal to have more than 2 cats here in SoCal either but you are supposed to have a "kennel license" if you have more than 3. Obviously most people do not pay any  attention to that, but if some cat hater turns you in there will be fines and if you turn out to be a cat hoarder they will take them away from you.  That's probably what they do in Australia too and then she would not be able to be a foster parent anymore.. 

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 Really? Is it illegal to have more than two cats in Australia?
@Norachan, the limit here  is 3.  @segelkatt  has described exactly what is the case here in Brisbane, Australia.  As it is local government legislation, it varies across the country so cities, towns and shires may vary. Any more than 3 in Brisbane and you have to have a permit.  I understand where @Mani  lives, in a neighbouring shire, the limit is 2 without a permit. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:   As someone who looked after their aging Mum for many years, I can really relate to that.
As someone whose older sister looked after aged mum and I did it for two weeks i can also relate to that. How they change. I'm nearly 71, will I be like that too? :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.