Is this starving stray pregnant, or has she had her kittens?/ Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is not illegal to have more than 2 cats here in SoCal either but you are supposed to have a "kennel license" if you have more than 3. Obviously most people do not pay any  attention to that, but if some cat hater turns you in there will be fines and if you turn out to be a cat hoarder they will take them away from you.  That's probably what they do in Australia too and then she would not be able to be a foster parent anymore.. 
Cat hoarders should have their cats taken away. Any animal hoarder should. That's cruelty.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These kittens are deliberately getting cuter

With only three days to go until my beautiful rescue-foster kittens go for their de-sexing and adoption, I swear they are trying to make us change our minds and keep them all!  They are becoming more loving and cuddly as every day passes.  

Here are a few photos from last night's cuteness.

Minstrel has a habit of putting his head in my mother’s hands to go to sleep.  This was taken soon after he woke.

Minstrel  loves  hands.

Minstrel and Ginge, in that quiet cuddly lull between waking from a lap-nap, and tearing through the house like a typhoon. 

Possum and Minstrel, in the lull before the storm.

The 'pause' while they were sleeping.

At the suggestion of another foster carer, I introduced them to straws yesterday.  They were a BIG hit - - - -
   [/URL
[URL=http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/273932/]
All this photo needs is a glass at the bottom of the straw. 

Ginge cuddling into her big brothers.  
[/URL]

They are so gorgeous and sweet. Such a shame your mum has so much trouble with their claws. Kitten-claws are so sharp.
My late lotto used to sleep on my lap with his faced pushed into my hand for hours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 How they change. I'm nearly 71, will I be like that too? :-(
@Stewball, you're still young!  And while a lot of people do change as they age, I have a feeling you won't be one of them.   I reckon you'll have cats forever!

I have to keep reminding myself that, unlike the people on this forum, not everyone's a 'cat person' or as accommodating when it comes to cats. The last thing I did before I left for work this morning was bathe and dress another couple of nasty scratches on my mother's leg, inflicted by an exuberant Ginge as she excitedly jumped up, I guess for a cuddle after being shut in the bathroom overnight.  I'm covered in little scratches but my skin can handle them, and I can clean them up myself.  She can't.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for saying I'm still young. I don't feel it but I love my cats problem is they live the scooper! :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

@Stewball, you're still young!  And while a lot of people do change as they age, I have a feeling you won't be one of them.   I reckon you'll have cats forever!

I have to keep reminding myself that, unlike the people on this forum, not everyone's a 'cat person' or as accommodating when it comes to cats. The last thing I did before I left for work this morning was bathe and dress another couple of nasty scratches on my mother's leg, inflicted by an exuberant Ginge as she excitedly jumped up, I guess for a cuddle after being shut in the bathroom overnight.  I'm covered in little scratches but my skin can handle them, and I can clean them up myself.  She can't.  
I have found that if I dowse scratches with peroxide right away and then cover them with band-aids they don't become infected and heal really fast with hardly a scar if any. I'm no spring chicken either and I have heard other people say that after trying what I do they don't come up with the soreness and scars like they used to. Pouring peroxide on a wound does not hurt or sting, it just bubbles and disinfects, and it is really fast. You might want to try that with your mother.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have found that if I dowse scratches with peroxide right away and then cover them with band-aids they don't become infected and heal really fast with hardly a scar if any. I'm no spring chicken either and I have heard other people say that after trying what I do they don't come up with the soreness and scars like they used to. Pouring peroxide on a wound does not hurt or sting, it just bubbles and disinfects, and it is really fast. You might want to try that with your mother.
i got scratched quite badly last week. I cleaned them with alcohol bought from the pharmacy, put an ointment that has iodine in it, covered them and they were fine the next day.

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 ...dowse scratches with peroxide right away...    |    ...alcohol bought from the pharmacy, put an ointment that has iodine in it...
Thank you @segelkatt  and @Stewball.  I have some peroxide and I'll give it a go tonight.  I've been using an antiseptic wash followed by Betadine antiseptic ointment and a Band-Aid and so far so good.  None has become infected although several take awhile to heal.  One in particular bled for a few days. I think the scratch cut a surface vein (surface veins are everywhere on my mother's legs).

Last edited:

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you see Ginge's heart?

Now, maybe this is common in tabbies, but I haven’t seen it before.  I’ve noticed only in the last couple of days a heart shape at the nape of Ginge’s neck.  It can be very obvious, depending, of course, on the way she is holding her head.

I took these 2 photos this morning while she was having her breakfast.  If you can’t see it, to highlight it  I’ve converted the second photo to ‘focal black and white’ which leaves one focal point in its original colour, so in this case the heart shape (roughly) is brown and the rest black and white.

Can you see it?  Or has my imagination really gone over the top?

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a sign! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Beautiful kittens. I imagine you will miss them very much.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You are breaking MY heart with your sentiments over these kittens ... sigh.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a tabby, but Robin has two hearts on him. One heart on his front legs (1/2 heart per leg) that can only be seen when he sits with his legs together, the other on his chest, yes, above his heart (but upside down). He's my double angel and sighhhh that's how I know Ginge is an angel kitty!!! She will save someone's life, as my cat has saved mine. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't have a tabby, but Robin has two hearts on him. One heart on his front legs (1/2 heart per leg) that can only be seen when he sits with his legs together, the other on his chest, yes, above his heart (but upside down). He's my double angel and sighhhh that's how I know Ginge is an angel kitty!!! She will save someone's life, as my cat has saved mine. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️
That's so sweet!

And yes, @Checkers, I can see the heart...

Just a bit about the wounds... If elderly people get a wound below the knee it can very, very easily turn into an ulcer.  I looked after my mother's and my uncle's ulcers, some of which went on for over a year, just from a simple skin break.  So we really do have to be careful with wounds in those areas on older people.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you see Ginge's heart?

Now, maybe this is common in tabbies, but I haven’t seen it before.  I’ve noticed only in the last couple of days a heart shape at the nape of Ginge’s neck.  It can be very obvious, depending, of course, on the way she is holding her head.

I took these 2 photos this morning while she was having her breakfast.  If you can’t see it, to highlight it I’ve converted the second photo to ‘focal black and white’ which leaves one focal point in its original colour, so in this case the heart shape (roughly) is brown and the rest black and white.

Can you see it?  Or has my imagination really gone over the top?

:heart4:  
I can see the heart.
How are you going to let them go? They won't know what's happening.

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 ...Robin has two hearts on him. One heart on his front legs (1/2 heart per leg) that can only be seen when he sits with his legs together, the other on his chest...
Robin is a stunner, @misterwhiskers  . What a gorgeous heart on his legs. And an extra one on his chest to boot.  That's really special.  And yes, these little creatures can be real life savers.

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 ...If elderly people get a wound below the knee it can very, very easily turn into an ulcer...
Absolutely right, @Mani.  My mother has a chronic venous-arterial ulcer on her ankle which I have to bathe and dress daily. (This type of ulcer is not from a wound, but from bad circulation.)  We have to be so careful she doesn't get any other infections on her legs which could impact on the ulcer, but so far the cat scratches have not affected that part of her bad leg.

As I type this note, Possum is curled up on the 'cat doona' on her lap. He got there first, and with their growth, it's getting a bit crowded for all three now. The other two are on the chair next to her.  All fast asleep.  So sweet. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

...If elderly people get a wound below the knee it can very, very easily turn into an ulcer...
Absolutely right, @Mani.  My mother has a chronic venous-arterial ulcer on her ankle which I have to bathe and dress daily. (This type of ulcer is not from a wound, but from bad circulation.)  We have to be so careful she doesn't get any other infections on her legs which could impact on the ulcer, but so far the cat scratches have not affected that part of her bad leg.

As I type this note, Possum is curled up on the 'cat doona' on her lap. He got there first, and with their growth, it's getting a bit crowded for all three now. The other two are on the chair next to her.  All fast asleep.  So sweet. 
She'll probably miss them too, @Checkers.  But I do understand your concern.
  My mother had bad circulation too - renal failure. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
i got scratched quite badly last week. I cleaned them with alcohol bought from the pharmacy, put an ointment that has iodine in it, covered them and they were fine the next day.
Alcohol on scratches and other open wounds? OUCH!!! That stings which is why I use peroxide - no sting! I just keeping pouring it on until the bubbling stops, that means it has cleaned it out thoroughly. I have used that on my children's skinned knees etc and they never got infections, they were fascinated by the bubbles and never complained about having me "doctor" them as other kids do, because it did not hurt more than it already did. Those kids are now grandparents themselves and have used the same remedy without complaints. It's also less expensive than having all that other stuff around and ointments are easily contaminated. 

Status
Not open for further replies.