tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
@StampySniffles

Welcome to the Catsite :wavey:

Your kitties are adorable [emoji]10084[/emoji]️
Please do post more of them. We love to see them!

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Zazzie is a reference to the episode of The Big Bang Theory where Sheldon adopts like 20 cats and names all but one of them after scientists, the other one was named Zazzles "Because he's just so Zazzy"- Sheldon.

Kiwi was named for her stripes.

Tesla got his name because Nicola Tesla is my dad's favorite scientist and my dad was the one who found him. He is, as it turns out, a very intelligent cat! So his name fits!

tuffsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I named my black cat Tuffy because he was abandoned on my street last year in the hot month of July when about 3 months old. Heat index was over 100.He sat in the same spot on that hot dead-end street ALL DAY until my husband turned on the hose to water plants. He ran to our porch and has been here ever since. That's one tuff (tough) cat! We love him so much!We are retired and much of our time revolves around Tuff. What a joy.

suzannef

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Delilah is named after Freddy Mercury's cat (the subject of the Queen song "Delilah". ) Belle is the great beauty of the family, and was sort of named after the Disney character from Beauty and the Beast ("Well it's no wonder that her name means beauty, her looks have got no parallel...) Ivy, well, she likes to climb.

Max has the best name story. My husband and I had agreed to add two kittens to the family, but when I went to pick them out from a litter of three, I couldn't choose between them. Meanwhile, my husband texted me to ask what time I'd be home from work and what we were having for dinner:

So I adopted all three, and we named the boy Max. [emoji]128512[/emoji]

George and Alice were foster kittens. I was trying not to name them so as to avoid getting attached. After a few weeks, it became obvious that trick wasn't working, and my husband said we needed to start calling them something. I picked the little boy's name. He just seemed like a George. My husband named the little girl Alice. I have no idea why.

Jack was a grown cat when he came to live with us. He knew his name so I didn't want to change it, and besides, it's a good name.

Henry was named by the shelter. But I love the name Henry and it seem to fit him, so I didn't consider changing it. It wasn't until a few weeks after we adopted him that I realized there's a little bit of humor in his name: We had 7 cats already. Henry was number 8. So he's Henry the Eighth. [emoji]128516[/emoji]

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
@Losna

You named your kitties aptly for their character [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

And Sinbad, boy is he cute! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hester and Hugo are great names . . . Sgt. Fuzzyboots . . . well, not so much.

Just don't tell your husband I said so. 

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you. We put in a lot of thought! 

Would you  believe that Sinbad weighs 12 pounds?He always looks like a little kitten to me. Tempest and Bêlit are 7 pounds.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you. We put in a lot of thought! :heart3:

Would you  believe that Sinbad weighs 12 pounds?He always looks like a little kitten to me. Tempest and Bêlit are 7 pounds.
Sinbad is a little cutie! He does look very kitten-ish. Hiw old is he?

My cat Tesla is 15lbs at 9 months old. He doesn't look it though, he is a BIG boy :)

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
@Raina21

Tesla is so handsome [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

My boy January is 11pounds at 8 1/2 months now

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My nine year old female is named after Starbuck from Battle Star Galactica 

My six year old Sonny is named after Sonny from The Godfather

My 3 year old male is named after Apollo from Battle Star Galactica

My two year old Casey my hubby claims is named after a character from Chuck but I always say he is named after the character in Chicago Fire.

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

This is Maya (also my avatar). Maya came to me out of nowhere after I brought her home. The rescue I adopted her from had named her Poppy but it just didn't sit right with me for some reason and I spent the entire day brainstorming with no luck. My family went out to dinner that night and in the middle of dinner it just popped into my head. I still don't know where it came from. I looked it up later out of curiosity (cuz I'm a weird name nerd) and found out that it's present in several different ancient languages and means variations of "hope", "dream", and "princess". Very fitting for an abuse rescue, I think. And she's certainly become a little princess since then 
This is Zoey, possibly better known as Purrbug around here. She was actually named by my mother and I don't know the story behind it, but it's a spunky kind of name and she's a very spunky cat. She got the nickname Purrbug because in the 2 years since we adopted her I'm fairly certain I've never heard her stop purring.

My boyfriend named Aria. The shelter she came from named her Belle but I work with animals and meet so many Belles and Bellas I can't even begin to keep them straight so I vetoed it. He named her after a character in a video game that he likes--NOT the Game of Thrones character like everybody seems to think--but don't ask me what the game is. That's her daddy's area of expertise. I personally not only love Arya Stark (and prefer the Aria spelling aesthetically) but love the meaning and history of the name--a variant of Ariel, my favorite Disney princess and character in The Tempest  so double win there, plus a term for an operatic solo piece. And Aria's such a chatty girl it fits perfectly.

Last but not least, here's the little terror, Calyspo. She was the hard one to name. Her original name was Tinsel and while I think it's an adorable name I picture it on a cute, cuddly, sweetheart of a kitten, not a little demon monster like her (I say lovingly). We went through Jinx, Aisling, Macha, Puck, and a few others before I settled on Calypso. Being a mythology buff I love it and she's just fiesty and crazy enough to be named after a witch. And watching her respond to the TV when we watch Pirates of the Caribbean  is a hilarious bonus.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
@tarasgirl06 we call Shortstack Elvis on occasion, but for a different reason LOL You need to look for the parody recording of Elvis on YouTube-- I think it's called "A message from the king". We here near Memphis do love Elvis, but we like to poke fun too!!

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow he's adorable. He looks very happy too. I love that little black spot on his nose.  :heart3:

They're all in the 2-3 range. 

People see the pics of him and always think Tempest is the larger of them. He just looks so kittenish.  :lol3:

I know! I love his little black spot too! It looks like someone took a paintbrush with black paint on it and just went boop! and blotted a little dot on his nose.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@Raina21

Tesla is so handsome [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

My boy January is 11pounds at 8 1/2 months now
tabbytom tabbytom

Thank you! I think so too!
And Tesla is just a big cat in general. He was 9 pounds at 5 months old (and he wasn't fat!)! I can't inagine how big he's going to be when he is fully grown, seeing as he is already 15 pounds and still not fat!

And January is very handsome too, I love his huge ears :) they are adorable! :)

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every cat here is beautiful . . . but Sinbad the Sailor Cat is the equivalent of a human soap opera hunk in the cat world!

He's a handsome boy!

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom

Thank you! I think so too!
And Tesla is just a big cat in general. He was 9 pounds at 5 months old (and he wasn't fat!)! I can't inagine how big he's going to be when he is fully grown, seeing as he is already 15 pounds and still not fat!

And January is very handsome too, I love his huge ears :) they are adorable! :)
Thank you Raina21 :D
I think Tesla and January are tall and lanky. January is heavy but not fat.

Oh yea, those ears! :lol3: You are not the only one who love his ears, many saw it and they love them too :lol3:

batsy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Batsy got his name because it looks like he is wearing a Batman mask. And joker calls Batman "Batsy" so that's what we named him!