Is there a meaning to your cat's name?

jennifer26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little guy is Mr. Johnny Cash. When I was trying to think of a name, my mom suggested Cashmere because he was so soft and I started thinking about Cashmere, Cash then landed on Johnny Cash because he's a little tuxedo, i.e., the man in black. The first time I took him to the vet and when I introduced him to the receptionist, she started giggling - then when it was our turn, she grabs this microphone thing and announces to the whole office, "Mr. Johnnnnny Cash is in the building. Mr. Johnny Cash is here." I didn't know if I should laugh or be embarrassed but then he charmed the pants off everyone in the office and I knew the name fit. The name is perfect because he's a lovable, charming troublemaker and has the swagger of the real man.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise

My little guy is Mr. Johnny Cash. When I was trying to think of a name, my mom suggested Cashmere because he was so soft and I started thinking about Cashmere, Cash then landed on Johnny Cash because he's a little tuxedo, i.e., the man in black. The first time I took him to the vet and when I introduced him to the receptionist, she started giggling - then when it was our turn, she grabs this microphone thing and announces to the whole office, "Mr. Johnnnnny Cash is in the building. Mr. Johnny Cash is here." I didn't know if I should laugh or be embarrassed but then he charmed the pants off everyone in the office and I knew the name fit. The name is perfect because he's a lovable, charming troublemaker and has the swagger of the real man.
Cute name!  

My neighbor named hers John Wayne.

puddykat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Symba was given to me, he was a stray on the street. I tried a few names and when I said Symba he turned around and looked right at me. When he walked out of the room I called his name two or three times and he come back into the room. He is such a joy to have around. He has a thing about having his picture taken, he was asleep just before I took this and the moment I bought the phone close to get a nice picture - well -- you can see his reaction. He just won't sit still long enough.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, being a Johnny Cash admirer, this caught my eye.  Your little guy is so beautiful, especially his white paws and white bib.  Wow, his fur is really silky!  I enjoyed reading about your vet visit and love the introduction this little guy received!  I have to giggle myself, at the first and second photo!  In the first, I can just see him holding a guitar, in the second, it looks like he is adjusting a microphone!  Speedy and I wish you many happy, healthy times together!  

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coconut and Taz are so cute!  And yes, Taz being a kitten and a boy kitten at that, has normal high kitten spirits!  He'll calm down somewhat as he grows, but it's great that he's energetic and healthy!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Murdock looks very, very sweet and loving!  I love his white "bib" and his very pretty eyes.  I too, think it is great this older cat has such a loving home with you!  When I adopted my cat, I also kept her name "Speedy"!   Also, @Lavendeer, welcome to TCS!  I am so glad you and Murdock joined!  

2azwildcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I adopted my cat,  I was told he was a she so I came up with lots of girl names but as it turned out she was really a he.  So I had to go back to the drawing board.  Everyone was making suggestions but nothing fit until I thought of Wilbur.  My college's mascot is a Wildcat and is named Wilbur.  The name fits him perfectly - Wilbur the Wildcat!  When it came time to name my next cat,  I knew for sure she was a she and before I even met her I thought of the name Lily as my other female cats I had growing up were named after flowers.   Little did I know that lilies are poisonous to cats.  So the name fits her as she has had some health issues.  

This is Wilbur and he loves to pose for pictures.  

And this is Lily in her cat canoe.  She is a soft as a bunny and has the cutest purr-meow.

cubscat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My senior female tortie was allegedly named "Tiger" by the family who gave her up at age 10 (I adopted her one month later) but she did not respond to that name at all. I initially named her "Miss Pussens" until I got a really good look at her face while she was sleeping on my lap about a week after I brought her home. She strongly reminded me of something...or someone...and then it came to me! If you're a big baseball fan, you probably know who Bruce Bochy is, the manager of the San Francisco Giants. He has dark hair and heavy dark brows but one eye has white lashes, giving him a slightly "off kilter" appearance if you look at him straight on. Miss Pussens has thick gold lashes which blend perfectly on the gold side of her face but jump out on the black side, ergo she was rechristened "Bochy"!

christi4312

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mine was already named Rooster Cogburn. He was my neighbor's cat until she moved across town. Rooster managed to make his way back to the neighborhood. He hung out with us for awhile.We really didn't know his name until we told our neighbor we wanted to keep him. That's when she told us his name. Like us, she enjoyed John Wayne movies. He came to us at the most perfect time.

carlypascoe66

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is all black and he is named binx after the cat in hocus pocus but because of his little attitude he also goes by mr binx and mr mischief lol