Is she close?

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly she didn’t make it. Im so upset when i went to feed her she was breathing very heavily. I feel so bad for mom cat shes left with no kittens.
Thank you both for your help.
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 heatherwillard0614 heatherwillard0614
I'm so so sorry for the loss of the precious little kitten. Is momma cat ok?? Be sure to give her plenty of love and affection. She might not struggle that much or she might.grieve hard.. So just give her extra love.
Ugh this is do sad 😔 😔 are you ok? I know you were trying your absolute best

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so so sorry for the loss of the precious little kitten. Is momma cat ok?? Be sure to give her plenty of love and affection. She might not struggle that much or she might.grieve hard.. So just give her extra love.
Ugh this is do sad 😔 😔 are you ok? I know you were trying your absolute best
Thank you i will be giving her lots of love. I hope i did enough i feel so guilty

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you i will be giving her lots of love. I hope i did enough i feel so guilty
Please don't feel guilty. You were doing a great job. You were feeding the little tyke around the clock every 2 hours you were even stimulating when you noticed mom wasn't doing it enough, you were weighing her, you and momma cat were giving her love. You tried your hardest to give her the best chance st life. She really was a tiny Itty bitty baby.. this more than likely would have happened to anyone including someone with tons of experience. You did more than enough. The kitten just wasn't strong enough and that is not your fault nor the mommas fault. You both tried.
Is momma cat doing ok? And besides the guilty feeling that you are having are you doing ok? Please get that out of your head and think of everything you have been doing. I know it is hard. It is easier said than done to not feel that guilt. But try.
Get a good night's sleep tonight you are probably exhausted make sure you get a nice meal in you it's been a long relentless around the clock job.

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please don't feel guilty. You were doing a great job. You were feeding the little tyke around the clock every 2 hours you were even stimulating when you noticed mom wasn't doing it enough, you were weighing her, you and momma cat were giving her love. You tried your hardest to give her the best chance st life. She really was a tiny Itty bitty baby.. this more than likely would have happened to anyone including someone with tons of experience. You did more than enough. The kitten just wasn't strong enough and that is not your fault nor the mommas fault. You both tried.
Is momma cat doing ok? And besides the guilty feeling that you are having are you doing ok? Please get that out of your head and think of everything you have been doing. I know it is hard. It is easier said than done to not feel that guilt. But try.
Get a good night's sleep tonight you are probably exhausted make sure you get a nice meal in you it's been a long relentless around the clock job.
Thank you. Momma cat is doing ok she was meowing and pacing the room. I hope she will be ok. I have cried my eyes out but in the end she was just too little i guess.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you’re up for it, you could call rescues or shelters and ask about orphaned kittens who need a mom cat to nurse and help to raise them by fostering.

If not, call your vet to ask if they can give mom something to help dry up her milk.

I’m so sorry you lost this precious little one. You did all you could. It’s very difficult to save them at such a low birth weight. RIP sweet kitten! :angel: :rbheart:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Momma cat is doing ok she was meowing and pacing the room. I hope she will be ok. I have cried my eyes out but in the end she was just too little i guess.
You did everything you could for the little kitten. You gave that little kitten the best chance at life. Nothing you did contributed to her not making it. (Sorry I'm still calling the kitten a her as it just seemed like she was a little girl or it was wishful thinking) anyway try to stay positive momma cat will be able to pick up on your emotions and stress. So she needs you to be strong for her now. You got this. You can do this for your momma cat.

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you’re up for it, you could call rescues or shelters and ask about orphaned kittens who need a mom cat to nurse and help to raise them by fostering.

If not, call your vet to ask if they can give mom something to help dry up her milk.

I’m so sorry you lost this precious little one. You did all you could. It’s very difficult to save them at such a low birth weight. RIP sweet kitten! :angel: :rbheart:
Thank you i think i will go ahead and call the vet tomorrow morning. I can’t imagine looking after more kittens even potential foster kittens, it would be too hard should the outcome be anything similar.

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You did everything you could for the little kitten. You gave that little kitten the best chance at life. Nothing you did contributed to her not making it. (Sorry I'm still calling the kitten a her as it just seemed like she was a little girl or it was wishful thinking) anyway try to stay positive momma cat will be able to pick up on your emotions and stress. So she needs you to be strong for her now. You got this. You can do this for your momma cat.
She was a girl im sure of it. Thank you for your kind words.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was a girl im sure of it. Thank you for your kind words.
You're welcome hun. If you need anything don't hesitate to reach out. If it is easier to talk to a stranger I'm here if not then lean on someone you know and trust. Just make sure you can talk and grieve properly. OK hun I'm gonna hop off here for the night and get my kitty for a play session then Goin to bed.. I'm exhausted haven't been sleeping like at all... lol good night

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you i think i will go ahead and call the vet tomorrow morning. I can’t imagine looking after more kittens even potential foster kittens, it would be too hard should the outcome be anything similar.
Hi H Honey23
I'm so very sorry about the little one-teeny preemies more often than not cannot survive even with a team of medical professionals so just know there was absolutely nothing you could have done differently-you did your best

Momma kitty will be okay,she has YOU.....and you have her

Again,I'm sorry for your loss
RIP little one

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi H Honey23
I'm so very sorry about the little one-teeny preemies more often than not cannot survive even with a team of medical professionals so just know there was absolutely nothing you could have done differently-you did your best

Momma kitty will be okay,she has YOU.....and you have her

Again,I'm sorry for your loss
RIP little one
Thank you