Is she close?

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all, first post here.
I have however been reading endless amounts of threads about cat pregnancy.
I have a few questions. My cat is 59 days pregnant today. But i haven’t been able to feel her kittens move much at all apart from 2 different occasions. Is this normal? She is quite small doesn’t have a very big bump at all, if anything she might have 1 kitten in there.
She has also lost all the weight on her sides and i think she had “dropped.”
Today i noticed her vulva swollen, does this mean shes close? Is it a bit early yet for her to give birth.
Also I'm sure about how far she is because she got out on her heat, she is an indoor cat and a bengal. But she hasn't had a heat before this it was her first one.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
First heat? How old is she?

Average gestation is 63-68 days. Let’s hope she holds her kitten(s) a few more days. But yes, it may be the early stages of her body getting ready.

Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First heat? How old is she?

Average gestation is 63-68 days. Let’s hope she holds her kitten(s) a few more days. But yes, it may be the early stages of her body getting ready.

Keep us posted!
She was 10 months when she had her first heat, so shes nearly a year old now.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS H honey . .. have you taken her in to the Vet for an exam?At 59 days you should be feeling movement...how did you arrive at 59 days may I ask? And yes,looks like she's nearly there

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS H honey . .. have you taken her in to the Vet for an exam?At 59 days you should be feeling movement...how did you arrive at 59 days may I ask? And yes,looks like she's nearly there
No I haven’t taken her to the vets but I’m very sure she’s pregnant, she has all the signs/ symptoms. I have felt movement once just yesterday but i have to hold her stomach and wait until i feel it. Shes not letting me touch her stomach often which is why I haven’t felt much. Also, she escaped through a small gap in the catio roof and i found her in my garden 2 hours later. It has been repaired properly since.

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi today I’ve noticed when i touch her sides it feels harder like lumps. Wheres before it was completely soft. Shes not actively having contractions so what can this be?

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hard,Lumps? You mean like a little head or body ?
Could be im not really sure her sides were soft at first but now feel like hard lumps when i touch it. It seems the extra weight she had on the sides has gone.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For sad, babies having babies, being so young and first litter, hopefully there aren't any issues, have you talked to the vet, made plans in case she needs to go in? Set up a whelping area for her and close off the catio, cats can breed through wire openings and you don't want her getting pregnant again while nursing. Please get her and the kittens fixed asap, if you let them go to new homes unfixed chances are the cycle of kittens having kittens will continue.

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For sad, babies having babies, being so young and first litter, hopefully there aren't any issues, have you talked to the vet, made plans in case she needs to go in? Set up a whelping area for her and close off the catio, cats can breed through wire openings and you don't want her getting pregnant again while nursing. Please get her and the kittens fixed asap, if you let them go to new homes unfixed chances are the cycle of kittens having kittens will continue.
Yes i have done all that you mentioned, booked her in with the vets tomorrow as a precaution. I will be getting her spayed after and keeping her kitten(s). I have another spayed female cat. It was a genuine mistake as i was told to wait for her first heat and then spay by the lady i got her from.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Benefits of Neutering & Spaying
Prevents Diseases
Spaying your female cat before her first estrous cycle (going into "heat" or being able to breed) greatly reduces her risk of cervical cancer and eliminates her risk for ovarian cancer. Because removing the ovaries reduces the levels of hormones that encourage the growth of cancerous tumors, spaying reduces your cat's risk of mammary cancer as well.

Site information:

I don't know why the lady said to wait until after she had her first heat cycle.. I have also heard that as well though. After doing research I found out it is better to spay before their first heat. I figured I'd share the info with you so you know for the future.
Please keep us posted

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The Benefits of Neutering & Spaying
Prevents Diseases
Spaying your female cat before her first estrous cycle (going into "heat" or being able to breed) greatly reduces her risk of cervical cancer and eliminates her risk for ovarian cancer. Because removing the ovaries reduces the levels of hormones that encourage the growth of cancerous tumors, spaying reduces your cat's risk of mammary cancer as well.

Site information:

I don't know why the lady said to wait until after she had her first heat cycle.. I have also heard that as well though. After doing research I found out it is better to spay before their first heat. I figured I'd share the info with you so you know for the future.
Please keep us posted
Thank you for that information, appreciate it.

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all
So my cat is still pregnant shes 64 days today and i just wanted to say that her vulva looks a bit more pink today almost like its “opening”. Is this normal?

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, it’s quite normal. She’s getting very close!
I hope so, the waiting game is making me so anxious. Her milk looks like its coming in too shes quite swollen there. She also “dropped” a fee days ago.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope so, the waiting game is making me so anxious. Her milk looks like its coming in too shes quite swollen there. She also “dropped” a fee days ago.
Anxious expectant Granny- lol. You're almost there Nana ❤

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anxious expectant Granny- lol. You're almost there Nana ❤
She’s currently in labour i think, very restless back and forth from her litter box and bed. She has strained a few times but seems to be doing good. 🤞🏼