Is she a wedge head?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! We won the tag in a contest actually, but we got to pick the tagline for it... We were either going to choose that one or else "talk to the paw!"

On the back it has her name and phone number.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
New pics! She is 8 weeks old as of today I believe, and she has changed even more. She shed a LOT this past week and her fur has changed texture, its much much silkier and soft whereas when I got her she felt similar to a brillo pad (bad food I assume, meow mix). However, with the shed came an unexpected surprise, I think my 'black' kitty is actually blue! Dark blue, but her coat is no longer jet black. It is silver with still some black tabby ghost markings but most definitely lightening significantly. It may just be a phase, but its odd just how grey her coat is becoming though atm it is restricted only to her torso. Also, considering I first made this thread to discuss if she would get the long siamese face...these new picture show the extreme opposite of that! Her muzzle is very short, its adorable and very interesting considering I KNOW she is half siamese. 

That last picture is a close up of her shoulder and part of her belly, so you can see how grey it is. In pictures of her full body she looks more black since she is very dark grey...but close up you can see the color on her body is grey.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
AWW... What a cutie!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's very cute, don't think she's blue or silver. 

Thanks for the updated photos, it's lovely watching her grow.

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her pawpads are dark brown, but my mom has a Russian Blue with black pads and he is a grey...so I am not sure if that is a good test! Its just interesting how its not her undercoat now, but her whole coat is faded but mainly on her body. However she didn't seem to inherit the rough siamese fur, she is very soft and plush coated.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Russian Blue's paw pads should be blue to lilac.

Black/brown cats pawpads

And my blue girl

Last edited:

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looking at your pics Missymotus...her paws are very similar to your blue girls toes. The paw in the foreground is the actual color, the background foot looks like black pad but I can assure you as she is asleep on my chest ATM...the foreground paw is the correct color. Its like a purple almost? Not black for sure

Orientalslave, I didn't mean the modern Siamese...I had a meezer growing up and her fur was very dense and course. Maybe it was just her, but she was purebred Siamese but very much apple head. Stocky build and thick fur. I am assuming Khaleesi must be from that type since she doesn't have any angular features at all...and even half wedge head you think she would. Khaleesi's fur is like silk, very fine and very baby soft

Last edited:

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
More cuteness! She initially tries to stuff it under the chair, but the stick is too long and there is momentary confusion...which is adorable. She tries to sort out the issue and goes in to investigate when I pull it out...and to her make the toy miraculously move on its own! Her trotting off with it in the end is the cutest, she had enough of mommy touching her toy. Quick question, her eyes look obviously light green when viewed from the front in daylight...but from the side or in low light they look more yellow....at almost 9 weeks do you think she will most likely have green eyes since at this point all the blue has faded....or will the yellow slowly take over? I admit I am partial to her pretty green eyes right now!

Last edited:

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's just adorable.

Green eyes can take 2 years to properly develop, I think they'll be yellow but again we'll have to wait and see.

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She knows she is cute! I agree her eyes will most likely go gold, since they seem to be loosing more green each day. However, as proven by your avatar...gold/amber eyes can be stunning!

Khaleesi is starting to show her Siamese lineage in her frame I think, she is not quite 9 weeks but each day she seems to be getting longer legs and just...longer in general! She has a very lithe shape and narrow hips (well they look narrow) like the more modern Siamese I see. Her ears are also staying on the largeish side, not Siamese or Oriental big but just bigger than average. I think also look bigger since they are set rather wide apart on her head. I snapped a pic while she was eating to show her frame as best I can, though my camera adds 10 lbs since she looks much more lanky in person. 

I know from my own experience kittens tend to all look lanky at 10-12 weeks but she is quite a bit shy of that and already has lost the rounded stubby kitten look (much to my dismay). She is also picking up a meezer 'tude which I love. She is not afraid to give me a squeaky yowl if I pick her up when she is playing or a sassy tail swish if I hold her too long. That and her coat is becoming more like Orientalslave described, very fine and soft and close to the body. So overall her body seems to have picked up most of the Siamese genes so far as I can tell. She still has a A LOT of growing to do so we will see! Now onto some cuteness, and shot of her almond shaped eyes

Last edited:

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very cute photos again :) I'm not seeing anything especially Oriental about her, I'm sure OS could comment better than I on that though.
She knows she is cute! I agree her eyes will most likely go gold, since they seem to be loosing more green each day. However, as proven by your avatar...gold/amber eyes can be stunning!
Thank you, I would think if not green then yellow rather than an intense gold.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She doesn't look Oriental - especially her nose which is a cute retrousee one rather than the long straight almost Roman profile Orientals and Siamese have.  Ears are large but not otherwise Oriental / Siamese, her eyes look round.  My own experience of kittens is they go through a series of growth spurts and alternate between lanky and filled out, sounds like that is what is happening to her.

She is very, very cute but I'm not seeing anything that makes me think of a particular breed.

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her heritage is becoming more and more 
 as she ages. I mean like OrientalSlave mentioned, her muzzle is quite short unlike from what I can see of pics, both MC and Siamese. It looks more similar to what I see in Ragdolls (I am not suggesting she has any in her mix). However, I am pretty sure her mother was a Siamese since 2 of her siblings were obviously pointed and while I don't know much about genetics that would seem unlikely unless at least one parent was pointed? What is really odd is that besides the 2 pointed boys, all the other kittens were black or dark grey with NO longhairs in the bunch. To me this seems likely to have happened if the dad was genetically pure black. Maybe he was just a stray that bred with this woman's Meezer, what I don't get is why she would lie about it? Even half siamese is "interesting" enough to get the kittens homes if that was her goal, but it wasn't monetary since Khaleesi was free. Who knows! I am just glad I got a very cute girl out of it with a spitfire personality, the darn cute nose is just a bonus. 

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Who did you adopt from: a reputable breeder or a back-yard breeder, or someone whose purebred just happened to have an oopsie with the  stray?

Khaleesi is adorable, and I love her name (another GOT fan!)....

As for what she is.... I have noticed that on Petfinder a lot of the people listing pets just list breeds even if the cat is pure moggie.

I know when I adopted my cat six months ago, I typed in Maine Coon because I wanted to see if I could get a rescued Maine Coon. Anyway, I found a listing for my current pet, listed as a Maine Coon, from a rescue group. He was a feral, and no way was a Maine Coon. He's adorable, and the woman always tells others that I adopted a "Maine Coon Mix" from her but that's not how it works. I noticed she calls all long-haired cats Maine Coon mixes. Again, that's not how it works. I don't care, because I was looking for a cat to love and rescue out of a bad life after my old cat died.  And I still look on petfinder from time to time and  I notice a lot of groups just  giving breed names to what are obviously not purebreds. 

So my question is: are you sure her mother is a pure bred siamese. Pointed Cats are not necessarily oriental. It's a coat-pattern not a breed. Moggies can be pointed too, from what I understand. So maybe the woman thinks she has a siamese because her female is pointed? And the father is who knows.

I don't particularly see either Oriental or Maine Coon in Khaleesi but she's adorable irregardless and you are lucky to have her.

I know, while I was told that both of my cat's parents were "Maine Coon mixes", from what I know of them and what pictures I've seen, they were both long-haired ferals. Father was large and black and long-haired and mom was black (with white spots) and long-haired. They are beautiful, but not purebreds.

Also, your cat looks black to me, not dark blue or silver.

I went through a similar thing when I got Magnus. I had never had a black cat before and didn't realize they came in other shades besides jet black. You can't see his ghost tabby markings because he is long haired but from what I understand, all black cats have them, and you can see them on your little girl. Magnus also has quite a bit of grey on his tummy, as well as red/rusted black from the sunlight. So you may get some of that on your girl as well if she suns herself or hangs out in sunbeams from the window.

For reference: this is a little bit older picture (he's now 13 months old and I think he's about 6 months here), but you can see the rust and grey in his ruff, but he's still a black cat.

Black paw pads