Is my pregnant cat nesting?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I was hoping she might raise the kitten. Cheetos sounds close, but it could be soon or a few more days.

The kitten is too young to be litter trained yet, so she is going to pee wherever she is when she needs to go.

At this age, she wants to be with someone all the time for comfort, so she screams for attention.

Can you show your mom how to feed her today? Wrap her in a towel like a burrito so she can't scratch. She may struggle, but let her. You can also trim the tips of her claws with a nail clipper. The kitten needs feeding at least once while you are at school. Surely your mom can do this tomorrow?

You'll need to feed her just before you go, and as soon as you get home. If your mom can't feed her, perhaps the vet's office will keep her and feed her for you tomorrow. She has to be fed.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really want her to give birth already right now because I feel so so bad for the kitten. She needs some sort of a mother. But even if she did give birth I don't know if she'd take care of her because she flinches every time the kitten goes near her so I hope that changes once she gives birth. I want to leave her with me until my cat gives birth and she can raise her, then after a month or two give her to her new home but that's up to my mother.

I bring her out of the box after she pees and I can keep an eye on her. But she's always wandering looking for a mom and I don't know what else I can do for her. I feel so bad that I can't help. I was going to go out with my friends for my birthday today but I couldn't leave her, the look in her eyes is so heartbreaking.

I'll get my brother or my mother to feed her somehow. I won't leave her un-fed, don't worry.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Happy Birthday! [emoji]127881[/emoji][emoji]128081[/emoji][emoji]127873[/emoji][emoji]127880[/emoji][emoji]127874[/emoji]

How old are you today? So sweet of you to stay with the kitten! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awe, thank you! I'm 17 years old today.[emoji]128517[/emoji]

It's no biggie, her well being is more important than a hang out I can reschedule. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha, thanks! :)

I hope so but that's unlikely since its 11:30 PM here. [emoji]128517[/emoji] Ah well, hopefully soon.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, thanks!

I hope so but that's unlikely since its 11:30 PM here. [emoji]128517[/emoji] Ah well, hopefully soon.
Yeah, I should have thought of that.  I had the time change down pat when my ex-husband was in Iraq but that was 8 years ago.

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have that problem too. I often find myself wondering why everyone's on here at midnight before I realize timezones exist.

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good news: We just gave her a semi-bath. (That's all she'd let us do)
Bad news: She was crawling with fleas. We got like 50 fleas out of her. There are bite marks on her face and body (not too much but still). She was shaking and cold (even though the water was warm) so we dried her up, fed her, stimulated her and put her next to the stuffed giraffe she likes. She fell fast asleep. Poor thing closed her eyes while I was holding her still with a towel and stayed quiet for a few minutes, she's never done that before. She was exhausted and a little relieved, I think.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The experience must have frightened her. You need to get the fleas off. Can you get a tube of Advantage II? Since she's getting eaten alive, you can put a couple of drops on her neck with a Q-tip to kill the fleas. Or ask a vet to put something on her. That number of fleas is terribly unhealthy for her, but she's too small for a full dose. [emoji]128533[/emoji]

Last edited:

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got out as much fleas as I could. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow or today (probably tomorrow). I'll ask them to try and treat her for fleas. That may be why she's so small. She's just a tiny bit bigger than my hand. That's so unhealthy. (She's way smaller than she looks in the pictures)

If the vet uses something on her, can we give her a bath afterwards? Because with Cheetos after he treated her for fleas he told us not to give her a bath until she's treated for worms. I'm asking because if so I wanna give her a bath again before taking her to the vet. [emoji]128533[/emoji]

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She does not need anymore baths right now. It would be better if you combed her and picked off fleas in the meantime, drowning them in a bowl of Dawn water. You would also not bathe her after the vet puts flea meds on her. The med needs to stay on her to be effective.

Is she still eating well?

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, usually after the time it takes her to eat 5 ml she freaks out and stops drinking (because I'm holding her) so I'm feeding her 5 ml every 2 hours now instead of 10 ml every 4 hours. Is that okay?

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, more frequent feedings are better! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I noticed she's always shaking a little. Could she be anemic because of the fleas?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's possible. The sooner you can get the fleas off the better. Fleas, especially that many, can be lethal.

Is she cold?

Ask the vet about the shaking tomorrow.

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will. Today all of a sudden Cheetos is calling for the kitten and licking her. The kitten was on the porch and Cheetos kept calling for her to come inside but she wouldn't so she kept sitting next to the porch door. When we put the kitten away from Cheetos she freaked out. Now Cheetos is panting heavily and meowing and she hasn't been eating since morning. What do I do? Is it happening. I think she vomited this morning as well.

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A small string of blood came out of Cheetos' anus. I know blood tinged discharge is normal from her vulva but her anus?? Is this normal? I'm getting worried.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
zahraa zahraa

It sounds like she is in labor. How is she doing now?

Can your mom watch her while you are at school today? Tell her how to use your thread so she can ask questions on here if she needs to!

The not eating and vomiting are due to labor.

Also, please do not let the kitten go outside. She is too young and unvaccinated.

Last edited:

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There's no school today, religious holiday of some sort. But anyway she's back to normal now, she even ate a bit. This is weird.

I had the kitten treated for fleas, just got back. I felt like the vet was a bit careless though, not like the vet I take Cheetos to.

Last edited: