Is my cat pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
4 days after she gave birth to three kittens and she still pants rarely but it happens should I be concerned? She also felt like she had a lump around where the milk is stored like it was hard but I'm assuming that's normal as its where her milk is?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she's okay. Her system is recovering. Nursing is hard work! You are probably feeling her uterus. Just keep an eye out.

Do you have KMR? Mom can drink a dish or two a day right now. The calcium in it will help the panting. Make sure she's getting high quality wet food such as Fancy Fesdt classic with meat as the first ingredient. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think they are sold in the UK and I can't find any kitten milk supplements that are sold here /: I have kitten milk as a treat to give cats that I can give her?

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think they are sold in the UK and I can't find any kitten milk supplements that are sold here /: I have kitten milk as a treat to give cats that I can give her?
You can try goat's milk! Or you can order KMR off of amazon! That's how I got mine, though I can find it at pet stores too in the US

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You do have kitten formula in the UK. We have many members there who can get it. Try a pet shop or vet office. The treat milk does not contain the vitamins and minerals she needs. Phone around to find KMR.

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mum has stopped panting but she keeps laying on the kittens and they squeal but she won't move so I have to move her, besides that all are very happy and healthy!

Calico is a girl two tabby are boys, called Waffles(girl) Bandit and Littlen :) we are contemplating keeping them all rather than one, but it will depend on how things are in 7 weeks. They are now 1 week old, feeding and happy! Calico has opened her left eye fully and right eye slightly, all cords have fallen off. Calico is healed and one tabby still has a small bump so I think she is developing faster than her brothers, they haven't opened their eyes either but I'm not worried when the time is right for them they will develop :)

Last edited by a moderator:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's ideal if kittens stay with mom for 10-12 weeks. 8 weeks is really the minimum. Of course, it's extra ideal if you can safely and happily keep them. :)

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not yet but my boyfriend doesn't get paid till next Friday even if we were to find it.