Is my cat pregnant?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, what gets complicated is that after pains can look a lot like another labor. It sounds like she is either going to have another, or her body is just readjusting from the trauma yesterday. Let us know how she is in a few hours!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she may be in labor again. After pains are not usually that intense or consistent. The only way to know for sure would be an ultrasound or x-ray, other than giving her some time. Some spotting is normal though for up to a week after delivery. Has she been pushing at all?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So far no pushing, still panting there's a small hard bump on occasion is that another littlen or could it be her ovaries or whatever? And she is still panting and cleaning her rear so really the same as she was yesterday in labour only less extreme

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's hard to say. It may just be her uterus. Since she's not in distress, I'd just give her time. Some cats will pant on and off for a few days, and lick their lady parts because they are sore from delivery.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You shouldn't be able to feel her ovaries. It's a kitten or her uterus, and time will tell.

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has come out of her box and is laying on the floor, I'm assuming she must only have the three now so hopefully she'll feel more comfortable soon, I'll keep you updated if anything changes.

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She seems fine now and the kittens are doing well

She still has a small hard lump, what could it be? Not big enough to be a kitten but it seems super hard and small?

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Most likely her uterus. It'll shrink down. If it doesn't go away in a couple days or she seems to be in pain, Call the vet. But I believe it's fine.

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens so I'm hoping everything is okay and the swelling goes down, she isn't eating a lot which is worrying I assumed she'd be really hungry? I'll try her with a fresh pouch in the morning. She keeps leaving them in the box but goes back if they meow so that's good she gets her alone time and still looks after them.
Although not long ago I noticed a little more bleeding, it's hardly anything just enough to cover her area but it still worries me so I'm going to try keeping a close eye on her.

I'll let you know tomorrow how her eating goes, how her tummy is and everything.

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She sounds like she is doing well!

Try and get some rest, check on her every few hours. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully everything will be fine as she continues to settle in.

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She nibbled some food earlier but isn't very hungry but she's happy with her kittens, they're all happy settling in well and Oreos presence (although he never gets too close) doesn't seem to phase Missy when she leaves the kittens to get some water her and Oreo are fine so that's a good sign, she's very mellow and happy with her kittens and they feed and sleep well so all is good with mother and kittens :)

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is good to hear! Mom's full appetite should return soon. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think the reason she isn't eating much is because when she leaves them and they meow she returns to them, I put the food in her box for a minute and she ate a decent amount then stopped so I put it back outside, happy to see she's a good mum :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nest service is a good idea for new moms. I did that with my cat because she wouldn't leave the kittens, but scarfed when I put the bowl in the nest and she did not even have to get up! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's out pottering about, ate a little and is laying down now, having a little break from being a mum I think[emoji]128514[/emoji] she goes back if they meow though so I'm not worried!