Is my cat pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank god. Number two is finally out though so happy :) mummy Missy is doing a wonderful job, doing everything right :)

Last edited:

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounded like there was a sudden hush of liquid with a little blood is that normal?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Each kitten is in its own sac with amniotic fluid, so that was probably a sac breaking.

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thought so three is born was born without a sac so that makes sense, they're all so cute :)

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it normal to leak blood out of the vagina? Not a lot but enough and she isn't cleaning off the last one that came out or eating the placenta anymore?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom might just be tired. Some bleeding is normal. How much blood is it? You can help her clean the kitten and cut the cord.

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I introduced her to the placenta and she elate about half and chewed the cord but it took away the remains and it wasn't much just a small spurt but want to make sure that's normal

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She doesn't need to eat any additonal placentas, if there are more kittens.

Keep an eye on the bleeding. It sounds ok right now.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some bleeding is normal, and if another kitten comes and she does nothing, open the sac, pinch the cord, and rub it with a towel to clean it and get it breathing.

It sounds like she's doing a great job ! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mama and her babies have been moved to a cosy clean box so we can clean up the mess, before she was exhausted but now in the box she's purring and tending to her little ones, I think she has stopped for the day and will have 4 maybe 5 tomorrow, just hope they're okay.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds good! So there are 3 now, but you think she has more?

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I definitely still feel one in there but I think there may be two more to go, and yeah 3 little ones at the moment all very happy with mum

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, she may have more tonight, or even tomorrow. She sounds content for now. Just make sure her food, water, and litter box are nearby. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Throughout the night she ate and had water and used her litter tray but no more kittens today, although she did come out the box this morning and meow at us like she did yesterday and panted a little so I think she may drop the 4th maybe 5th kitten today, I hope so I'm so worried there might be a dead kitten in her :(

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She leaked a very small amount of blood again and still no stage two, things are going much slower than they did yesterday which I guess is to be expected but I'm worried there might be a problem? How will I know if I should be concerned? There isn't any particular foul smell just the normal smell of her and her kittens

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does she seem like she's in labor again? Did you feel another kitten move inside her, and that's how you know? Because she just could be a bit lumpy because of the stress of the birth. Discharge afterwards is normal as long as it isn't a ton or foul smelling :) congrats on the baby kittens though

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You shouldn't worry unless she appears to be in distress. This could mean that she is pushing with no result, or that you are seeing warming discharge, or that she is showing signs of infection.

What you're feeling could also be her uterus, which is stretched from the pregnancy. Mom can feel a bit lumpy. Try not to worry!

missyoreo21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She definitely seems in labour, on occasion she has a contraction like yesterday but very far apart and not frequent. She pants but again not very frequently and there's a significant bump that doesn't blend in with the rest of her it's super hard on occasions like when she contracts. She's now grooming herself excessively as I'm typing this including no her vagina and is panting harder than she did is this a good sign of moving on?