Is my cat pregnant? Help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Becc.xo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi B Becc.xo , how is your cat doing now? Is she still pregnant or did you manage to spray her?
She is doing well, she's is definitely pregnant, I've struggled to find a vets without a waiting list for spay but she is now booked in for next month so I'm just going to have to make the best of a bad situation with these kittens and then get her vet for her spay next month. It's not ideal and I really didn't want it to happen but it's done now so I'm just preparing for the new arrivals as best I can. She is coping really well with it all so far.

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I Understand! Yes please share when the kittens are born.. I would love to see them! I found out my cat probably isn't pregnant alhough I really wished for it, so unfortunate..the world isn't fair sometimes. But I know your cats kittens will be in good hands and my cat hopefully gets another change :)

Becc.xo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well my cat is due her kittens this weekend, I'm sure she's in the early stages of labour right now, I'm glad she's made it to full term yet still a bit worried about all the things that could go wrong. I've bought a birthing kit and milk formula just incase it's needed so I'm prepared as I can be. But will update on how it goes and hopefully be posting some pictures of some healthy kittens soon!

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow you are such a good catmommy🥰🥰 I wish you the best of luck for you both and I can't wait for an update of them being born, including the pictures 😍💕

Becc.xo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well my girl had her first kitten at 6.55 am, she's done really well, she has 3 so far, not sure if she's done yet or not but she's having a rest whilst the 3 feed. They all seem healthy, making plenty of noises and all three have latched on lovely. Just staying close for now to see if anymore decide to pop out 🤣

Becc.xo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well mum and kittens are doing well, she's had 5 in total, all are healthy and feeding well, mum is tired so I've left them to rest (still checking on them regularly) 5 beautiful jet black kittens like their mum 🥹 first came about 6.55 am, last came around 9.20 am, keeping an eye incase there's more but I think she's done. What an amazing experience!
Screenshot_20230521-102432.png
Screenshot_20230521-101128.png

Becc.xo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ohhh woow congratulations!! ♥So happy it all went well, and so fast! They are gorgeous..😍😍😍🙏
Thankyou ❤ she was in labour most of yesterday I think, I stayed up till 2am but needed some sleep, I opened my eyes about 6:55 this morning and the first sack was halfway out. I'm so proud of her. Best outcome, 5 healthy kittens. Very happy household this morning 🥰

Becc.xo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Quick question guys, mum hasn't left the pen since having the kittens this morning, I have given her some kitten milk a couple times to give her a bit of energy, I've offered water she's not taking any, won't take any solid foods either, I have given her some of the lick sticks which is like a pureed food snack that she has eaten. Just wondering if its normal that mum hasn't got up to use the toilet yet.

Also, what age should I do the kittens first flea and worming treatments?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s normal. She’ll get up when she’s ready.

Kittens start vet visits at 8 weeks unless they are experiencing problems.

Becc.xo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How is mama and her baby's doing? Do you have a (picture) update? :D
Mum and all 5 kittens are doing really well, lots of sleeping and feeding, all putting on weight well too!! Their all so similar because all 5 are all black it's hard to tell them apart 😆 but they are super cute!
Snapchat-1746659878.jpg