Is my cat gonna have kittens soon?????

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She looks healthy to me. You can put a stuffed toy in the nest she can cuddle with when mom is out of the nest since she has no litter mates to snuggle. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As long as she's nursing a lot she should be okay. Can you tell if mama has milk in her nipples?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she in the middle of the floor? It would be great if you could provide mom with a nest with blankets in it. That could be a box or a drawer.

You will also know for sure that the kitten is gaining enough if you weigh it every day.

Do you plan to keep mom and baby?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im keepingthem but she has blankets in her nest but it was dark mom has 6 nipples full of milk

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was smart not to use flash when you took your photo. I would leave the baby in the nest with mom for now though, except for weighing. It sounds like baby will gain well, being an only kitten with lots of milk accessible.

Mom and baby can be spayed/neutered when the kitten is 8 weeks old. Would you like help finding a low cost clinic? They will be much happier and healthier.

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ye I might spay her or breed her again next year but I wunna think first you dig

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Personally I'd advise against breeding her again, it's hard on her body.

If you want a baby kitten again, perhaps you could foster and pregnant cat and adopt one of her kittens, or rescue a kitten from a shelter and give one a good home. :)

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, shes really healthy should she stay healthy if she drinks milk and sleeps alotl kke shescbeen doing

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree about not breeding her anymore. She's had three litters, and it's really hard on her. Going through heat cycles is always very hard on her body as well.

In addition, sexually transmitted diseases and parasites can be passed during the mating process. It can be brutal. Where would you find the male?

I agree that taking in a pregnant cat in need would be a great solution. You'd get kittens, and get to save several lives.

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
how can i tell if the baby is full or gtting enough milk?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As we have said, you will need to weigh the baby every day to make sure it is getting enough.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the scale shows that the kitten has gained 6-10 grams a day then it is healthy.

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think shes having a other kitten shes was bleeding out her genitals 1 hour ago and is acting wierd is shevhving a other one. She seems still littlefat on the sides

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She could be having another one, but bleeding after giving birth (provided it's not excessive) is totally normal. The fat on her sides could be because cats are also sortof swollen looking after giving birth, often for several days I believe, that's due to the uterus and other organs being swollen from the trauma of birth.

Keep an eye on her, and call the vet if she bleeds excessively or is acting in distress.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may be having more kittens, but if she is bleeding a lot, or pushing for 30 minutes with no kitten, she needs a vet.

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She only bled small drops she been in the nest her other baby btw the baby is doing really good but she sleeps alot prob cause the birth of the first kitten but she seems is posion to give birth.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay. Let us know if she has another kitten or seems to be in trouble.

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shes just relaxing with her kitty should I wait to see if she pushes