Is my cat gonna have kittens soon?????

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She really must stay inside until she has delivered, the kittens have weaned, and she can be spayed. Otherwise her health is in danger.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
her nipples r starting to get erected i thnk she is like 7 or 8 weeks shes not nesting so does she hve a while to go

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's estimate I don't know when she did

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i started thinking she got pregnant 4-5 weeks ago back then when her tummy was not big at all (normal size) so i think shes like 7-8 weeks in waht do u think cuz her tummy got big like 3-4 weeks ago question is how many weeks shes in

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think at this point you should be asking your vet. Since she hasn't gone into labor, either something is wrong, or the calculations are off.

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my calculation were wrong shes like 7 weeks pregnant cuz no nesting behavior or signs of labour her nipples just started to get erected and producing milk and just started nesting she sleep alot 

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
shes not active anymore is this normal all she does is sleep lay down eats drinks poops

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's tired. Carrying a litter of kittens is hard work. They usually just sleep the last week or so. As long as she's eating, going to the litter box normally and seems okay...I wouldn't worry.

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey in the picture you posted she looked about the size that my cat did at five weeks. I wouldn't be concerned, if you don't know for sure when she mated then she is probably fine. Just keep her inside and make sure she feels safe! My cat is due any day now and she mated between the 3rd and 10th of March :) do you have everything you need for the kittens?

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I meant to say six weeks! My cats tummy is very massive though. Id say yours is between 8 and a half weeks or just a day or two away from giving birth! My due dates are up in the air since my cat could have mated within a 7 day period, but I assume mine mated the 3rd-5th of March because of her behavior, she seems close.

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I came here asking about my cat just yesterday and i was told the same thing I assumed and found online already. There's really no way to tell until it's time but as said above as long as she doesn't seem sick then she's fine :) (sorry for typing out a bunch of posts, I don't know how to edit and add on)

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's ok she's looks fine she's small but she's three years old she's having 3 cat litter. Also how do I know my cats kittens are healthy and gonna live to adult hood

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no guarantee or tell that your kittens will be healthy.

There are a few things you can do to give them the best start possible. The first is to make sure that mom gets great nutrition. She should be eating as much dry kitten food as she wants and several meals of wet kitten food per day.

You should weigh the kittens every day to make sure they are all gaining the appropriate amount of weight. If they stop gaining, that is often the first indication that something is wrong. You can supplement the kittens with kitten milk replacer if they don't get enough from mom.

Kittens also need to stay with mom until they are at least 10-12 weeks old. They get immune protection from mom while they are nursing, and then should be vaccinated when they are 8 weeks old. This will help to keep them healthy. Mom will continue to teach them cat manners until they leave at 10-12 weeks.

It is also important that mom feel safe and not be allowed to get pregnant again. If she gets pregnant, which can happen within a week of delivery, she will leave her kittens. If she goes outside, she can bring back parasites or illness. The kittens need their mom.

Then the last thing you can do is rehome the kittens to responsible owners. You want people who are going to finish the vaccination series, who are going to spay and neuter, and who will keep their cats inside. Mom can be spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old, because her health is important too.

If you can do all of these things, you will give them the best possible start.