Is Molly pregnant?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This story just took a drastic turn. Poor, poor Molly. Can you get her to the vet to be checked? To make sure all kittens and placentas are out and there is no damage or infection? That would be wisest. I am sure Molly is exhausted, sore, and depressed, and that you folks are stunned and devastated by this further development. My heart goes out to you. Please keep us updated as to Molly's condition.

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I second that.

A vet could check by ultrasound to make sure that there is nothing left in her uterus.

I'm sorry that things have taken such a drastic horrible turn.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Molly.  It's good you were with her and able to help. 

I also think a vet is a good idea.  Maybe they can give her some fluids or something the help w/the exhaustion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emmimini1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This morning molly is doing a thousand times better- I am thinking that she was just extremely exhausted from that kitten getting stuck and so she slept the entire night. This morning she's actually walking around the house and wanting to be around people. I got the kitten yesterday and though it took a little time for him to get used to her she already is licking him and treating him like her baby! I'm not sure if we can get her to the vet but considering how much better she's doing today, I just think we need to watch her to be sure that nothing changes. Thank yall for your support an advice through this whole ordeal, none of us expected it would go so badly.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she has taken to the kitten.  It will her deal w/the loss of her kittens.

I still think a vet visit is in order after all the stillborn kittens and the fact the births were spread out over a couple days.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As long as she is eating, drinking, using the litter box, and not oozing blood or other smelly discharge that might indicate infection, she will probably be okay.

I'm glad to hear she is better today.

Is the kitten doing any nursing? :)

emmimini1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's not nursing but he is sleeping with her and letting her lick him. She is having a very very small amount of thin brownish discharge that doesn't smell. She's still pretty tired so she's sleeping as close to us as she can. She's eaten and drank very little but I think she's just still tired. The poor girl has just been through so much she deserves to just be able to sleep. I have a pic of the kitten with her and he looks a lot bigger in the picture than he actually is too lol

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sweet.  I bet he's loving the attention from her.  he's till young enough to miss his mom.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He looks huge! Lol. I can see that Molly is full of milk. Are there no kittens available anywhere?

She needs time to recover. The brownish discharge is normal.

She will be uncomfortable with her milk and no relief as well. That takes time to dry up - a couple of weeks.

emmimini1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know right he looks huge! I still can't find any kittens and right now I just don't think she is in good enough condition to care for kittens that need constant care. This one that we have is old enough to where he doesn't need 24 hour care from her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will love this little guy and he may start nursing some too. It will all be okay. Bless her heart!

emmimini1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really hope she's okay.. It would just be heartbreaking if she wasn't

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let us know how Molly and her new little guy are doing tomorrow. Hopefully better each day!

littlebooty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really don't want to come across as being nasty but I have to say it. The "LITTLE BOY" is 100% not 8weeks and I am rather concerned that this dude is gonna get this grieving girl into trouble. And after the trauma she has suffered just a few days ago having a "almost adult Tom" with her is detrimental

emmimini1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure that he really is 8 weeks either but I promise you he's not of age for that yet. Right now I do know that he is helping molly out a lot. They sleep together she cleans him and he's even nursed on her a bit!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, dear! He looks bigger in the pictures, but I do not think he is beyond 12 weeks. He should be neutered in the next four weeks for sure, just to be safe. I am glad Molly has him for now, but I also would be more comfortable if he were younger.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He sure is big! But it's nice to see he's getting the chance to know what having a momma feels like. 

I'm sure having him around will help her quite a bit. My kittens will be 17 weeks on Friday and those monkeys still get milk from mom! 

littlebooty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure that he really is 8 weeks either but I promise you he's not of age for that yet. Right now I do know that he is helping molly out a lot. They sleep together she cleans him and he's even nursed on her a bit!
He looked double the size on that other pic!!! I still stand by my previous post, again no nastiness intended! I think it's fab your friend has taken in a young cat and he is able to be of some comfort to Molly, please look into having him fixed as it's not unheard of males as young as 17weeks (3/4 months) reaching sexual maturity and after the traumatic time she has had its definitely worth being over cautious xxx

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do look into getting him sterilized.

If my kittens are anything to go by (not scientifically sure), he looks about the size when my boy was about 12-14 weeks. Right now he's almost 17 weeks and is about 80-90% the size of his mom (he's huge!)

Have you been contacted by any shelters about fostering kittens? As someone here said, many don't take in orphans if they don't have a foster momma for them and will most likely be put down or die on their own