I'm kicking the butts!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furry4fury

....as to the emotional part....are you sure its the withdrawal???
Just what are you trying to say??

Thanks so much for the support, I think I'll stick to this post and I will continue to update as long as anyone still acts like they are interested!
I'm hoping that everyday is a little better than the last.

One bad thing that has come from this? I want to eat CONSTANTLY!!
I really have to watch myself or I'll be stuffing my mouth with anything I can get my hands on!

The support so far has been awesome!
I'm so happy with myself right now!!

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How you doing Madden's mom? Its been over a week now, hard part down.

I hope the emotionals have left and you are in the " I am not longer a smoker" groove.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One more day down and many more healthy days ahead of you!
We are all cheering you on!!!You are doing a wonderful job!!!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot all about this thread!!

I'm doing pretty well, I did have a set back a few days ago, and had a couple of smokes. They tasted awful and gave me a headache!
I'm back on track now! Some days are worse than others, and I'm sure I'll cave again, but if I do I'm just going to keep on truckin!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

I'm doing pretty well, I did have a set back a few days ago, and had a couple of smokes. They tasted awful and gave me a headache!
I'm back on track now! Some days are worse than others, and I'm sure I'll cave again, but if I do I'm just going to keep on truckin!!
oh yea, after a few days, they do taste very bad(hard to beleave i used to smoke cause i liked the taste) Now i cant even stand to go into the smoke room to talk to people at work, how i used to be able to go in there and talk with no problem

do it a few min, at time if you need to to

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I can smell a smoker when they walk in the door at my work. And when they speak to me I can smell smoke- I can't for the life of me figure out how I use to like the taste if it smells like that???????? I think the worst was when I was at my old job - a customer came to the counter to pay his service bill, when he was standing there - I was trying SOOOOOOOO hard not to throw up
- he had just had half a cig. and the unsmoked half was behind his ear

Some people the stink sticks to them....as much as they think they don't smell
ICK...my mother-in-law's mobile home...ewwww...as I'm approaching it I can smell the smoke permiating out of it

Keep up the good work girly....just as long as when you slip you don't give up completely and start smoking full time....keep resisiting!!!!
"YOU!!!!!"

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't be too hard on yourself for having a set back. Instead, be pleased that you were able to realize how ill the cigarettes made you feel, and use this to your advantage. If the mood strikes again (and it probably will), just remember the terrible taste and headache you experienced. FYI, for me the first few weeks of quitting were extremely difficult but it did become easier as time went by - and, now I'm a non-smoker of 1 year!!!!! Keep up the good work and know we're here to support you. BTW, the next time you feel the urge to smoke, PM me and I'll help talk you out of it.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow you are doing so good. I am proud and so is many others u know what they say sometimes you have to take a step or 2 backwards in order to go forward

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!!
Nothing new to report really.....same ol' same ol'

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am happy to hear you aren't being hard on yourself for caving and sticking to your guns. I am struggling right now cause I am smoking way too much. I was only smoking 8 a day when you started your thread. Not sure what happened since but I am back to a pack a day. I just had 3 cigs in one hour. I hunted this thread down for positive vibes!

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you now @ 2 weeks of being smoke free? If so, GOOD FOR YOU! How did you find your 7th day? My major hurdles were the 7th day and the 7th month. But, whenever I got the urge to smoke I just kept repeating to myself the reasons I decided to be smoke free. My best advice to you - don't love your addiction more than your health. Keep up the good work.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is 14 days how are you holding up besides the little step back... Just remember you can do it we are all rooting for you

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey, congratulations!!!!

I'm not a smoker myself (can't stand the smell), but my fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] used to smoke for some 20 years and couldn't say why or even that he liked it...then last year when a cousin of his (who kept chain smoking even as she was dying from cancer!!
)died miserably and spent the last months of her life in a deep coma after her cancer had spread from lung to liver to stomach...you get the picture... well, by that time (we were on vacation) he thought about it and resolved to finally quit, cause he simply couldn't find anything pleasant about it anymore. I had taken Allen Carr's book along - hoping he might read it - and he really did!
By the time our holidays were over, he smoked one more cigarette and then that was it...
Ever since (that was in September) he hasn't smoked although he says sometimes the urge comes back, but now he sees it as a little mean monster that he just needs to "smack in the head with a baseball bat" to have his peace of mind again
I'm soooooo proud of him!!!

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just figured I'd check up and see how things were going? It's hard to quit and harder yet to stay quit. Still sending you resistance vibes!!!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just now found this thread, and I have to add my good wishes for you, too! I've never smoked, not even a puff, so I can't say I understand... but I'm just so happy for your decision!