I'm in mourning

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele, your new piece will be a memoir, not a journal or a day-by-day account. Memoirs have their own beauty, I think, precisely because they are full of the holes and distortions that are part of an imperfect memory. In the end, you may end up with a more meaningful document of your journey with Pengy. Please don't cry. You are a good writer and I think you can produce a beautiful account of your progress with Pengy.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No MA noone who really cared about TCS will ever laugh at you. Memories are lost, TCS is different, It's like one day POOF, everything is just gone. But we are still here and though we lost precious memories that can never be returned, we still have each other and that counts for something. You all mean so much to me and I miss each day that I can't be on here with you . You guys are like my family. Aw heck you ARE my family! I luv you all and look forward to the days I can lurk around and see who is doing what and how everything is going here!
I know we can make TCS what it once was, the best cat site it was before this happened! People need this site to educate them on the proper way to take care of their animals and so we need to be there to help them! So guys what do you say? are we up to making TCS what it was!?
I SAY YES!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BTW Barb the members gallery may need to be redone- I haven't looked yet-

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I hope no one laughs at me, but I feel like a hurricane has hit this wonderful board, and wiped out so many treasures and special moments.

I know that we won't ever get them back in their entirety but the threads about Sierra, and Penguin, and the premature kitten thread will be sorely missed. Sasha's and Starlight's posts are here but incomplete, and just the funny things that were shared, the members who lost a cat in the last 6 months, or suffered through a bad experience with the help of the members here, those are all gone-

I hope in time, that new updated threads will be re-introduced so we can catch up on the lives of these cats and the incredible people who are caring for them-
I just heard what happened from Spotz on yahoo... I was.... Um... Shocked, Deflated, felt like a part of my life was gone. My journal of my babies.... Trent... I feel worse about Trent, and all those uplifting wonderful things everyone said for his mom. I feel bad for Cleo's mama... I feel bad for everyone who poured their hearts and souls into their threads to suddenly loose them all.

I must say though... I've been to lots of forums where they dump all the posts frequently. I thought it was great to have them all saved, because I enjoy rereading some things when I want to refresh my memories.

I think that if we do post anything that we really feel strong about, perhaps we can take the time to copy the text and paste in on a wordpad on our pc's. I kept thinking of doing that with my Shelter thread. I am pretty sure I didn't, but wouldn't it be great if I had?

Well, I understand how you feel, and how a lot of us feel. I think that the board will survive, and some people who can't bare to face the loss will be back when they deal in their own way. I'm just glad that we will Still be here for everyone always.

Anyway, Everyone stay safe!

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

It is sad
The "Vacation "thread has gone as well
I actually still have most of my vacation typed out on a wordpad on my com. along with all the pics and everything.

I'm sorry to everyone who put time into it and lost it all.

Geeeze I look so naked

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I didn't get a chance to go through the whole website and forums stuff before it went down for that. But it sounds like it was fun and you all can bring it back and we will do all the fun stuff again!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyRage

I actually still have most of my vacation typed out on a wordpad on my com. along with all the pics and everything.
Me, too. Several people have lamented the loss of the thread, and now this comment makes me wonder if enough of us who participated have enough of what we posted in some form that could be resurrected into a "Vacation Scrapbook" thread. It's just the germ of an idea, but maybe a way of putting what we can get our hands on together, into something that doesn't pretend to be the original -- which we can never recreate -- but does bring it back for us at least to some extent.

I'm blathering now, it's much too late and my brain has turned to jello long since, so maybe it's dumb. Anyone think it's worth having a go at?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about just organizing a new vacation thread? That is if Susie is up the daunting challenge?

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was kinda curious now that others have mentioned having some stuff backed up... I am curious if anyone happened to copy and paste any of any threads that were here. I seem to remember TrentAniMom saying somewhere in one of her threads that she was saving parts of what others had said to her or something... I wonder how many others have?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the idea of a new vacation thread!

I am sure that we will all get TCS back to it's usual self in no time!

It is so good to be back!

I still have the progressions of my Kitty Condo, so I could put them back up - with my new developments!!

(that is if you guys aren't bored of it yet....?!!)

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh a new vacation thread is a great idea... especially for those who didn't get to participate the first time around... see the future's looking so bright now!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, as alot of you know, the vacation thread was very near and dear to me, and the loss of it is like the loss of a friend.........I'd be more than willing to go on another vacation thread......but would anyone else like to "host" it this time????

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you host a vacation? Sorry, but I never understood the thread to begin with... maybe if it was explained, someone would step up to the plate?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vacation thread was really very simple.......people sign up to "host" two days of the vacation a peice. Now remember, this is all imaginary, virtual, and can get very silly at times. You first ask everyone who wants to participate, make a list of these people. You "start" the vacation at someone's home, and you go from there, right down the list of people that signed up to host. I had everyone spend two days at each persons home. Our vacation thread took 3 months to complete and we went all over the world, had tons of laughs, learned about eachothers homes and lives, and ate ourselves silly........

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I can volunteer to be the San Antonio host (or Texas host if no other Texans want to volunteer)... should we start a new thread to discuss this?

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know people may not like this - but maybe we should leave it until next year? with the busy time coming up and all - jump up and down and tell me to be quiet if you want