I'm in mourning

sandra

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Ok we have a volunteer!! Danielle, you are the official "hostess" of the new Vacation thread. If you have any questions or need help with anything, just let me know, but you do it the way you want .

You can put me at the top of your list......who else wants to host the group at your home for two days??
I do!! I do!! Just give me the dates that I will be hosting my TCS peeps and I will be there

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I don't have a new job, I can( ohh let me rephrase that MIGHT) be able to host you all in Clinton sometime over the new year. Like I said, if I don't have a new job first, I will be taking vacation the 31 of Dec(my b-day) thru the 9th of Jan so sometime therein I can sit my butt down and host you all here. Hopefully I'll know soon. unfortunately, if I do have a new job, that vacation is gone and I'll be working. But I'll keep you posted and we'll go from there.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
--- and Hissy, back to the original thought of this thread....I just wanted to say that I understand your sorrow. Laugh at you? Laugh? Impossible. These past couple of days for you and your team as well as the next weeks will be so tough. I don't think there is laughter out there at all! Have no worries....it's more like gratitude and the same shock that people experience after a natural disaster takes away lives and memories..... it's kinda like that. It's so overwhelming. For instance, I was thinking about all the new members who joined this past summer, and some of them ramped up really quickly with lots of posts and stories of their own and they aren't there....that was the most overwhelming thought to me when I put myself in their shoes. So I don't think anyone would laugh at you for the remorse and frustration you feel so very deeply. I, myself, can feel it through the screen and I'm sure everyone else does, too.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear MA, no one is laughing. Thank you for the wonderful imput and the great site that we have here. Hugs to you.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

MA - no one would laugh at you. It's sad, but we will catch up in no time.
Yeah, the way we all post, you'd think we never leave our PC's!!... you know, this downtime has meant I've HAD to leave mine and get some fresh air!! Brrrr!!!! 6months of posts is an awful lot to lose... but for all the posts there have ben over the last few years, this is only a small proportion of it. It feels like a lot - particularly to those of us who've gone down the rankings by a fair whack
- and a little bit discouraging. I certainly wasn't too happy, because I'd just found an avatar I really liked at Super cat level *aw shucks* but hey, it just means that we have to think of more fun stuff to share!! This is the easy was of spring cleaning! Chin up!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Out of curiosity, is there anyway that those of us who got severly bumped down can have our stats overrided so that we can still have the benefits of having raised to that status?

I'm an ickle bit sad that I'm back at alpha, it was tough getting to top cat

if not it's not a big deal, though.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

Out of curiosity, is there anyway that those of us who got severly bumped down can have our stats overrided so that we can still have the benefits of having raised to that status?

LOL, I wish I could be bumped back up, I think I was almost at 1500 or so.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

LOL, I hear you Denise.....I was almost at 8,000 posts!

uncle fester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's nothin'!
Back when the 96 cats thread got obliterated, I went from an adult cat all the way back to kitten in one fell swoope!

It's sad that the threads got wiped, but maybe it was time that some of the things that were on some of the more emotional threads were taken down.
There was a lot of pain and hurt on some of these boards and I have to wonder if having it all up there was such a good idea.
Maybe, maybe not.

I do have to admit that the board crashing is all my fault.

You see, back in High School, us "gearheads" use to get a kick out of tourmenting the nerds, and we had NO IDEA that the nerds would one day end up ruling the world.
Who knew that being shut in one's own locker would have such far reaching effects?
How could we have known that putting cherry-bombs onto their ignition systems would cause them to respond by creating computers, the Internet and all the other problems that cam along like virus's, spam and 419 scams?

MEA CULPA, MEA CULPA!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course we won't laugh at you!
We all feel the same way. Its hard on all of us. It feels as if a good friend passed away.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that a lot of people have come to take this board and everything we have built here for granted a bit. An experience like this certainly makes you sit back and reflect upon exactly what went into making it what it is today. Although we may not be able to see the actual words we have written, nobody can take away what we have built on the inside.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok DEEP BREATH. I hear what everyone is saying and I agree on all points, take nothing for granted, as TCS is an anology to your real life -- it IS real life, and we are all fragile. Control is such an illusion. I would love to have my 1,200+ posts back but all it takes is one thought in a member's direction who joined this past summer with over 1,000+ posts too--and now they have lost everything, inlcuding having to re-register; or those in so much pain in the blue room, the Bridge, who have nothing tangible left. All I have to do is think of them and I can't bear what they might be feeling. I am sorry to sound so harsh, and you can yell at me too, but let's all think of them first. Our posting levels will be raised in our hearts. I'm sorry, I just feel really, really strongly about this and am not one to speak up about sensitive stuff on the Boards, but I am right now.
Elizabeth

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

ok DEEP BREATH. I hear what everyone is saying and I agree on all points, take nothing for granted, as TCS is an anology to your real life -- it IS real life, and we are all fragile. Control is such an illusion. I would love to have my 1,200+ posts back but all it takes is one thought in a member's direction who joined this past summer with over 1,000+ posts too--and now they have lost everything, inlcuding having to re-register; or those in so much pain in the blue room, the Bridge, who have nothing tangible left. All I have to do is think of them and I can't bear what they might be feeling. I am sorry to sound so harsh, and you can yell at me too, but let's all think of them first. Our posting levels will be raised in our hearts. I'm sorry, I just feel really, really strongly about this and am not one to speak up about sensitive stuff on the Boards, but I am right now.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth thank you for that! But as one of those that had 1000+ posts and had to re-register... I am really just glad that we are all still here, TCS is back up, and everything I lost is in my heart. I won't forget the times when you all cheered me up, or we had a laugh, or especially, when all of a sudden I gained a whole lot of best friends in SS over chocolate and the "Ultimate List". So please those that are also in this position, (And I admit I AM guilty of whining a bit that all my posts are gone) let's just move on now. It could be SO much worse.... there could be no TCS at all. We will all make it back to where we were and make many more memories along the way. There were many many threads more important that just our post counts that are now gone~
Ashley

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon everybody.

OK I'm totally shattered. I am.

Mary Anne, there is no way I could laugh at a time like this it is so hard, but like I said on the other thread we still have our memories, and we ALWAYS will.

Please guys, it's not the postcount that matters - I know that I did loose over 5000+ posts, but that's OK. TCS is here, my friends are here. I'm ok.

I'll miss reading those heart wrenching threads, but I know they can be rebuilt.

I see all those neat "I survived TCS downtime" badges - I must go see where I can aquire one of my own. Because I surely did - although, just.

Another vacation thread sounds great but definitly after Christmas.

Seeing as I haven't been online since early yesterday morning it looks as though I have alot of catching up to do.

Love you guys!

Sam.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Good afternoon everybody.

OK I'm totally shattered. I am.

Mary Anne, there is no way I could laugh at a time like this it is so hard, but like I said on the other thread we still have our memories, and we ALWAYS will.

Please guys, it's not the postcount that matters - I know that I did loose over 5000+ posts, but that's OK. TCS is here, my friends are here. I'm ok.

I'll miss reading those heart wrenching threads, but I know they can be rebuilt.

I see all those neat "I survived TCS downtime" badges - I must go see where I can aquire one of my own. Because I surely did - although, just.

Another vacation thread sounds great but definitly after Christmas.

Seeing as I haven't been online since early yesterday morning it looks as though I have alot of catching up to do.

Love you guys!

Sam.
Love you too Sam!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't mean to sound ungratful. It was merely a question and it was not meant to sound as if I was trying to keep my post count up. I simply was offering that as something that would bring a little normalcy back into play. As I said, if that is trouble to do, then it's nothing big. I don't mind bringing my posts back up by actually -posting- crimeny, I can do that easily, I jabber on and on..

I'm sorry if I seemed ungrateful for suggesting it. I am happy that we're back, and I understand that it is sad, especially for Anne and Mary Anne, who have worked for so long to keep the site running neat and smooth, and also for all the Mods who have kept it clean and fun.

I merely thought that those of us that have lost a great deal, and indeed our identities could benefit from getting back into our old bumps on the totem pole. If it could be done manually, without neccesarily recovering our posts, great, if not.. No big.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, after reading most of these posts (I can't say all, because I'd be lying
) I think all that can really be said now, is a huge THANKYOU to everyone who's worked so hard to bring back what they could. Sure, we've lost posts, and we've lost threads that meant something special to us all, but hey, those threads can be re-posted by the people who remember them. To everyone who's worked so hard - thankyou for bringing back what you could, you've given us a great start and the encouragement to get a fresh beginning!! You could say that reincarnation is real, after all
we've gone into the crash taking TCS for granted, and we've come out appreciating it a lot more and realising just how important it is to us all. To the people who've lost heartfelt posts, those who have had their memories of lost ones wiped completely, we've not forgotten you. It hurts, but as Sam said, they are memories, and no matter if they're not written down, they're still with us. So thankyou, God bless, chin up.... hrmn... what else.... oh yeah. Love you too Sam!!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit, when I first found out that TCS was back up and I and so many others had lost everything, I was upset... mad, more than anything. But now I'm realizing that, though it is sad, it's not the end of the world... and my getting irritated at something that could not be helped is pointless. My number of posts will come back up, one day I will have a custom avatar and have tons more PM space...

So thank you to all of you who worked tirelessly to get the TCS boards back up... you all are definitely appreciated!