IDOL chatter/Scott has to go

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel completely discouraged about the "Vote for the Worst" site. If there are truly several thousands of people supporting this idea, who each vote for Scott several times each week, it will swing the vote to some degree and then the contest is a total sham. He obviously did not deserve to be in the top three, I can't see any possible way he made it there fairly. I hope they aren't able to get him to win... he very well may make it into the top 3, where he most certainly does not belong. I hope that site doesn't have as many supporters as it appears and that last night was just a fluke.

Did you see that S*** eating grin on his face last night? He KNEW he didn't deserve it. He was probably thinking to himself "H*** YEAH!!! THE VOTE FOR THE WORST SITE WORKED!!!".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sooz123

I feel completely discouraged about the "Vote for the Worst" site. If there are truly several thousands of people supporting this idea, who each vote for Scott several times each week, it will swing the vote to some degree and then the contest is a total sham. He obviously did not deserve to be in the top three, I can't see any possible way he made it there fairly. I hope they aren't able to get him to win... he very well may make it into the top 3, where he most certainly does not belong. I hope that site doesn't have as many supporters as it appears and that last night was just a fluke.

Did you see that S*** eating grin on his face last night? He KNEW he didn't deserve it. He was probably thinking to himself "H*** YEAH!!! THE VOTE FOR THE WORST SITE WORKED!!!".
Yeah that's what bothers me, he is NOT regular guy. Just cause someone is fat doesn't make them some average joe. Well he'll be gone ina couple of weeks.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is going to sound terrible, but here goes:

We've already had a fat guy as the American Idol. Reuben at least didn't look like a mass murderer, wannabe gangsta. Both Reuben and Clay were regular guys, not at all the image that Simon wanted to see, but they were definitely the most talented that season.
But you know what? Reuben's record sales have been in the toilet (relatively speaking). Where is Reuben Studdard now? Clay is selling more than, I think, any Idol winner except Kelly Clarkson. (Fantasia's album tanked too...)

That dumb site will work for a while, but when it comes down to it, there are more real Idol voters than those idiots. The less choices that the real voters have, the less splintered their votes will be, and the less impact the Worst Site will have.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marge

Yeah that's what bothers me, he is NOT regular guy. Just cause someone is fat doesn't make them some average joe. Well he'll be gone ina couple of weeks.
I agree, "average Joe's" aren't convicted of domestic violence crimes.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

This is going to sound terrible, but here goes:

We've already had a fat guy as the American Idol. Reuben at least didn't look like a mass murderer, wannabe gangsta. Both Reuben and Clay were regular guys, not at all the image that Simon wanted to see, but they were definitely the most talented that season.
But you know what? Reuben's record sales have been in the toilet (relatively speaking). Where is Reuben Studdard now? Clay is selling more than, I think, any Idol winner except Kelly Clarkson. (Fantasia's album tanked too...)

That dumb site will work for a while, but when it comes down to it, there are more real Idol voters than those idiots. The less choices that the real voters have, the less splintered their votes will be, and the less impact the Worst Site will have.
I was wondering how Reubens sales were, and when I see Fantasia at things like the Thanksgiving parade singing to canned music I can't help but wonder if she will last. She wasn't my favoriate that season at all, I liked the one who got voted off too early that season too, I can't recall her name but she had more range I thought.

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was REALLY sad to see Constantine go last night. With teen-age girls votes alone, I thought he'd stay til the end.

And to keep Anthony??!?! :censor::censor::censor:?????? That kid just disturbs me.

I just couldn't believe it!

Was anyone else surprised at how emotional Paula got last night talking to Constantine? Every season, I seem to think she's falling further off her rocker.

My vote now is for Bo.
Rock on.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

For sheezy!!!
I think it's to where there is a LARGE crowd who will literally
have a riot if he doesn't at least make the finals now. I mean if he goes I have no interest anymore.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marge

I think it's to where there is a LARGE crowd who will literally
have a riot if he doesn't at least make the finals now. I mean if he goes I have no interest anymore.
I already honestly am washing my hands of the show completely. It's not that Constantine was my favorite, but it's principal: if someone like him is voted off and an abuser with HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE "talent" doesn't even make the bottom 3, something is meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessed up!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was never a big fan of Constantine. He was just too "into himself" for some reason to me.
I really want Anthony gone, I think he's terrible.
I think Carrie will win it all!

moxymom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I'm reading on Entertainment Weekly's website, and we certainly haven't seen the last of Constantine. His former band's (Pray for the Soul of Betty) album that was recorded in 2003 and 2004 will be released on May 10.

I was also reading the responses to EW's article on the results last night. Guess you either love Scott or hate him (someone actually said he's so good looking, and that has to be a reason he's getting votes
). But I do have to wonder, they kicked Corey Clark off the show for allegations of beating up his sister, but this guy gets to stay on? I guess as long as you tell them your criminal past, they don't have a problem with domestic violence.
As someone pointed out there, better singers have been booted for less than what he's done.
Colour me confused. Wasn't there a girl a couple seasons back who got booted for posing nude a couple years before she was on AI? They said that wasn't someone to "idol". And yet, (assuming it's fact and not rumours), Scott is convicted on domestic violence charges and is still there. :censor::censor::censor:.

Constantine wasn't/isn't my fave but I think he's more talented than both Scott and Anthony. I swore I wouldn't watch it anymore if Scott didn't go but it's like one of those things that's just so disgusting, you can't turn away!

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
YIKES, more rumors flying now.

Bo was arrested in 2001 for Cocaine possession and a year after that for pot.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...an_idol_1.html

I heard on the radio this morning that AI was talking about whether he should be dismissed from the show or not.

What's everyone's feeling on this?

I say if that thug Scott can stay, then Bo should be allowed to stay too. And don't you think an Idol background check would have found this info before?
Seems fishy to me.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, Frenchie Davis...who had quite the talent and voice and hadn't even posed nude, just in lingerie (albeit of the naughty variety). It was absurd that she was dismissed.

If Scott stays and Bo goes, I'm done with this program and I've been a very loyal viewer.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Earl and I were talking and he said "This is why I don't like that show."

Beth, you're right. That was Frenchie Davis (I think), and she was absolutely the one to beat. Amazing voice! But yeah, they found out about posing topless when she was 18 to help support her family and that just wasn't moral enough. Again, Corey Clark was booted after allegations of beating up his sister, pending allegations no less, were found. But someone convicted of domestic violence is allowed to stay. And now if they are talking about booting Bo for the drug charges....forget it! Cancel the show right now because that is entirely too much hypocrisy!! (I can maybe understand if they loosened their requirements overall, but if they kick Bo off and not Scott, that's just too much!)

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kat_Boy, I am a member of the idol website, too!
Some of tjose people are NUTS!

The expose is on Wednesday at 10 (or is it Thursday).
I heard that Paula Abdul will SUE if they even air it!

Originally Posted by Kat_Boy

eeewww.....scott....

I LOVE Carrie and Vonzell

moxymom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I freely admit, Bo is one of my faves.

BUT

They need to pick a policy and stick with it.

Frenchie, Corey....both gone, one for "poor taste", one for allegations.

Scott.....convicted and still there

Bo...charged and pled...still there

They need to pick one way or the other and stick with it!

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read that the difference with say Frenchy and Bo or Scott is that Frency didn't disclose what happened, and they were upfront. I heard they are standing by Bo and Scott cause he was honest about it all. If Bo goes yeah...forget it i am not watching anymore.

moxymom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's the thing though....I'm not condoning what Frenchie did...peronally I think it's in poor taste...BUT...what she did wasn't illegal...so why disclose ya know?