I think she's pregnant...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found an organization that does tnr here!

It will cost $30 for neuter, shots, and deworming.

As soon as I can find a trap poppa car is getting a snip snip!

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it goes well with poppa I don't want to stop with him. I started a new thread on taking care of stray and feral cats to get help figuring out how to do this right.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it goes well with poppa I don't want to stop with him. I started a new thread on taking care of stray and feral cats to get help figuring out how to do this right.
The tnr people may have an idea of how to rehome kittens that are young enough to rehab too!

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The tnr people may have an idea of how to rehome kittens that are young enough to rehab too!
I don't think so. She didn't seem too pleased that I was going to let sophie have the kittens. I consoled her by assuring her that they will not end up on the street, even if that means I have to keep them all.

She works with a shelter in Jerusalem. I voulenteered at the shelter when I was younger and they are over flowing with animals! They have them as as nice accommodation that they can but there were 100's of dogs and cats there. :(

They don't accept animals from homes so people just go there late at night and leave them presents all the time. Not to mention all the strays and ferels they have.

It wouldn't be fair to bring in my group of litter trained, socialized kittens. The less fortunate ones that have been there longer would be pushed aside for the "easy" ones. The only way I'd be comfortable with that is if I "traded" them in for kittens that needed a foster home.

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, you mean street kittens lol

I thought you were talking about sophie's litter.

I'm certain she would! Like I said, she works with the humane socity (no kill) in Jerusalem.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, you mean street kittens lol

I thought you were talking about sophie's litter.

I'm certain she would! Like I said, she works with the humane socity (no kill) in Jerusalem.
Yes, definitely! I know you are taking full responsibility for Sophie's litter. I was thinking of situations like the mama cat delivering that you saw the other night.

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ya, I sure hope they'll give those kittens a second chance at life.

I know sophie wouldn't be alive right now if she didn't find me. And there are so many kittens that don't make it through infancy.

I read though that you don't want to seperate a momma from her kittens when doing tnr though. That you should wait till they're 4-6 weeks old.

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just went to look at jspca's website. That's who the non profit tnr works with.

They have 100 cats and 90 dogs available on their website for adoption! You have to add the countless animals that are not adoptable.

But they all like they're in such great shape that I would be really happy if they took any kittens I catch.

Here's the site if anyone is interested http://jspca.org.il/en

Last edited:

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sophie is being so affectionate tonight! Lying on my chest, asking for pets! So out of her charachter...She usually lies at the end of my bed and comes my way when she wants to get up on the headboard to look at the birds out the window.

I took advantage of her affection and gently felt her belly for movement. Can't feel anything yet. But even if she's due earlier than I expected, she still has another week before movement should be felt.

Either way, loving my sophie's loving tonight!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not necessarily. My cat had 4 kittens and was bigger on one side too.

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have movement!

When I went to restock on wet food today I decided to get Sophie a toy. All she seems to like are balls and he have tons! So I got her a laser to see how that would fare. OMG! She loves the laser!!! She chased it around for 5 min and then went to rest when I turned it off. That's when it happened...kittys were dancing around in mommas tummy! They wanted in on all the excitement!!!

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so relieved that she is due before the chaos comes!

She'll be able to have the kittens comfortably without 10 strangers invading her home.

And the best part is I'm off of work when she is due! I will be juggling my son after surgery and her and passover cleaning but I think I can handle that.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sure it will all work out! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How long before she is due should I set up the birthing box aka her birthing suite?
Also, what is best to use as a birthing box? I see a lot of people use a sideways tote but I was thinking of using one of those totes that fit under a bed. Is that too shallow? What do you lay in the birthing box? I was thinking if using my kids old baby blankets on top of newspaper.
Oh man! I'm getting so excited!!!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
anytime is fine.  She won't really spend any time in them until she is ready to deliver, but she will check them out.  Old baby blankets sound good.