I think she's pregnant...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Relaxing on the couch today!

I thought about it and if cats are preggers for 9 weeks and humans for 9 months, than every week is like a human month. At 4 months with my first I was pretty much doing the same as her! :-)

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

My porch has been invaded! There are now two tuxedos hanging out on the porch and another not too far away.

Sophie keeps trying to get out to them but I'm nut letting her.

In other news, is it possible for sophies maternal instincts to have kicked in already? We heard a kitten crying and she jumped up and ran out of the room to find it. I also got up to look outside and that's when I saw the squatters!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, her instincts could be kicking in! Did you see this kitten that was crying? Does it need help?

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, her instincts could be kicking in! Did you see this kitten that was crying? Does it need help?
That's why I went outside to see if I could find it and I couldn't :(
It really would be my luck to rescue another helpless kitten right before I have a whole litter due.
Thankfully the kitten has stopped crying, so it's probably back with it's momma.

I'm so happy that she already has maternal instincts! I was a little worried that because she was abandoned so young she wouldn't know what to do.

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kitten is crying again :(

It's night here already and a bit chilly. I wouldn't be able to find the kitten now cuz its too dark and it's probably in tall grass.

Any tips on how to find it? I don't want a poor kitty outside alone in this weather (chilly and rainy).

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can take a flashlight out and see if you see its eyes in the grass. If you can hear it, it's probably not far. I would probably go out and look around. Poor thing. I really hope you can find it.

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been out searching for 10 min now and no sight of kitty. I looked in as many grassy areas as are safe. There are snakes here. I looked behind garbage and under cars.

The kitten hasnt meowed since I've been out...I wish it had, it would give me more of a clue where to look.

Any ideas before I give up?

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I couldn't find the kitten. :'(

But in my walk around looking for it, I noticed that all the cats were either tuxedos, gingers, or calicos. It seems like they're all one big family here!

There was one very pregnant calico acting protective over a certain area. When she saw me she hid under a car but when I looked to see if it was her kitten that I heard I couldnt find one or hear one. Do you think it could be her kitten and she's in labor with the rest?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think there is anything else you can do. Can you look again in the morning, though?

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think there is anything else you can do. Can you look again in the morning, though?
Yes of course! That's what I was planning. I hear the kitten cry every hr or so for just a minute or two.

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think I'm going to go out again. It's crying again and it just keeps breaking my heart!

It makes me think of sophie and what she went through before I found her :'(

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crazy idea - could you play a video or recording of a mama cat meowing from your phone as you walk around? Maybe the kitten will hear and respond.

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good idea! I think I just saw a momna in labor with a daddy (sophies baby dady) as a birthing coach.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many strays! Is there any way you could find a foster for that mama and babies? Any sort of foster network?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try calling the kitten, and maybe take some wet food out with you. Perhaps it will smell it and come forward. Maybe stay still in one place near where you're hearing it and see if it shows itself. This is sad!

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think I know the general area of where the kitty is but I was out for an hr looking and no sight of it.

It responded once to the momma cat sounds and that's why I have a general idea of where he is.

The issue is I think it's in one of two backyards and the cops will be called on me if i get caught snooping around. I did snoop a bit in one but it wasn't there.

It's almost 11 pm here and I think I might have to put off the search until morning. :(

Hopefully in the am it will be easier to see and people won't be so fearful of me snooping around their yards.

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sophie was so much easier to "find". She was just prancing around the street like she was the only kitty in the world.