I think my cat is pregnant / kittens / spaying after birth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi at what age can you tell if they are male or female. I tried to look today and everything looks the same. The black and white wouldn't keep still but I've attempted the other two but believe they may be too young to know for certain.

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little stripey dude is definitely a boy. I think the dark one is too but the picture isn't as clear so not 100%.

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep not a great pic makes it looks like the poor kitten has no anus

HeyKat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First one's a boy. Second one I think might be a girl.

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks there's a third but that one is a little wriggler 😆

HeyKat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Little stripey dude is definitely a boy. I think the dark one is too but the picture isn't as clear so not 100%.
I thought a girl, but I wouldn't put money on it. Willowy's probably right.

At least you can be sure about Mr Stripes!

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought a girl, but I wouldn't put money on it. Willowy's probably right.

At least you can be sure about Mr Stripes!
That's true. I thought it looked like girls bits as there's a slit but I have no idea. Son wanted to give them names so at least I can say call the male for now haha.

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
By way of update mum still on my bed. I tried moving her to a very comfy crate but she just moewed at me, jumped back on my bed, stretched out and meowed again. I think shes stolen my bed!

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah that one's a boy too! For sure, haha. Well, it'll be interesting to see if they're all boys or if the little black one will break the monopoly :D. IME, it's easiest to tell during the first week and after 5-6 weeks, in between those ages things can get confusing.

I can see what you mean about the black one having a slit but since I can't tell where the anus is, it's just too hard to tell.

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yes I see what you mean. Thinking boy now as its quite far away...sorry again not the best

Attachments

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right so I'm not going to worry too much just yet but one the kittens hasn't put as much weight on and doesn't seem interest in mums teat he just wants to sleep. Whilst he's put on 10g for the last 24 hours this, this is unusual for him past few days....21g, 23g, 24g. He seems to sleep an awful lot and done for the last couple of hours. Not I've just been to the shop and got honey as I've read that could boost his energy but is normal honey OK and is it just a bit on his gums?

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry as I say that I've just put him on a teat and he's suckling. Would be good to know still just in case. This is all they had...

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Normal honey is fine, but he sounds okay - just in between growth spurts. They have little spurts and little plateaus - it’s normal.

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you I suppose he's usually the greedy one so to all of a sudden not fight iver a teat and just sleep is unusual. I feel like I'm am over protective nana 😆

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All is well little one is feeding must just have been tired. They're now a week old, weighing in at:

Tabby - 253g
Black - 261g
Black and white - 245g.

Black one has eyes open. Tabby has one slight open and the black amd white one still waiting. It looks like the black and white one still has some umbilical cord attached. Should it be gone by now?

Attachments

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all is going well. They are 2 weeks old now and I'm wondering whether I need to worm them and mum. If so do I take them to the vets or can I pick something up from a pet store? I have a pets at home near me. Thanks 😁