I NEED NAME HELP!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Confusing other people seems to be a particular tallent of mine......

Saylem should be a good name:

If cats learn names that end in a Y

and

Hear the first sylable of a word, or their name, and that's what they pick up on

then

With the first syllable of 'Saylem' ending in a Y it is a good choice.  

OR, just go with it's a nice name. 

I think I'll go hide now....  
  may be change my name 

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looool MSERVANT you made laugh...though I wasn't in the mood! Thanks.

Don't change your name its ok...no strangers here :p

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think what she meant was that cats tend to hear, respond to, and memorize the first syllable of a name first. And that the first syllable of her name ends with a Y. Don't quote me though. Lol.

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know, but I couldn't get the image of "Salami" out of my head,  LOL
Maybe that will be her nickname lol... and an inside joke for us all.

Hey quick question. Has anyone ever had a cat get aggressive on catnip?

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. I meant the last syllable and I wasn't thinking of the name saylem (not my favourite of names) and 'she' has a name :-)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
NO offence at being a 'she' - moggymomma knows my name  :-)   All friends please, I hate tension...  and all because I caused confusion, oh dear.   

On the catnip front, I think sometimes a cat get get a bit over excited with it and then they might get a bit nippy.  Mouse isn't bad with catnip but he's awful with Valerian: he gets really over stimulated as soon as he gets a whiff of his Valerian toys and I have to watch he doesn't bit my hand or arm.  (they're strictly rationed because of the dreadful cheesy feet smell rather than the bitey bad boy results). 

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
End of story in the name front. No more drama. We're all here for the saem reason... a love for cats. Lets get back to that, agreed? No harm no foul?

The kittens Moma got hateful with the babes when she was on it. And one of the ladies that adopted oneof them was asking me about it because her other cat bit her HARD the first time she had it. So small doses is the key here?

And Saylem came to her name for the first time today!!!

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

go Saylem, go! 

Re: catnip.  I'm not sure what it that gets cats responding to catnip but funny she was aggressive with her kittens.

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was aggressive and when she wasn't aggressive she would ignore them and wouldn't take care of them. I had to put away all catnip toys until the kittens were a little bigger.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@MServant. The she was me not you. I wasn't intending to start anything honest. It was a comment. A bit narky. I'm sorry. No intention. All friends here. Actually I love this site and the people on here are great. I do sometimes open my mouth to change feet. :'(
So saylem answered! Jolly good.
So name's settled.

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@MServant. The she was me not you. I wasn't intending to start anything honest. It was a comment. A bit narky. I'm sorry. No intention. All friends here. Actually I love this site and the people on here are great. I do sometimes open my mouth to change feet. :'(
So saylem answered! Jolly good.
So name's settled.
No worries. Let's just put it behind us? ;)

luvmytabbys

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Salem is cute. You could call her Sadie. It sounds feminine. I have 2 orange tabby male cats. Frank and Cymba. Both already had their names when I adopted them.

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sadie is off limits. My friend Jazzy just gave birth yesterday to a 6lbs 1oz baby girl names Sadie

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was so funny! This morning I was sitting on the couch while my stepson was eating his breakfast before school. Tig , Sassers, and Saylem were all congregated on the couch with me. I started calling to Saylem to see if she would respond. Tig turns and looks at her, Sasser's turns and looks at her... and then Salem looks at them and then me and gets this oh oh oh that's me look on her face and trots up onto my lap and proudly plops herself down lol

Last edited: