I just wanted to say....

Status
Not open for further replies.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenz, I know no words will ever take away the pain, but I pray that each and every day it eases some for you.HUGS!!!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry too, and I wish I knew the right words to say to you, but I don't think that there are any right words.

Please know that everyone here is feeling for you, and everyone here knows how your heart is breaking. I just wish I knew what I could do to help you through this. All I can do though I think is just to offer you hugs and prayers.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all understand and have been through the pain of losing a beloved special friend. We know how important it is to have people around you, to cry with, share memories with, and when the time is right, to laugh with once more. I think one of the great benefits of the internet, and sites such as this, is that when you can't sleep for crying there is always someone here day or night with a shoulder to help support you.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to remember we had a picture of Davidson as the wallpaper on our computer for a while, he was so cute and it was lovely to look at him. I hope it doesn't seem odd to have a photo of someone else's cat on your computer instead of one of your own, but I think it shows how loved that little kitty was by all of us.

The real tragedy is how young he was, and how sudden. It's one thing when a cat is old and stiff and tired after a happy life of warmth and love, to read about his deteriorating health, to hold his human's hand through any tough decisions they may have to make, and when the time comes to remember his long life and to feel, through the sadness, that he was ready to leave. Tragic shocks like this affect us all very deeply.

We all accept that one day (hopefully far in the future) our beloved furry friends will be old and tired and will have to leave us, sad though that is, but sudden death is so much more difficult to accept, and touches us in a different way.

I cried for Davidson, and I also cried at the thought of one of mine (well especially Radar, I adore Sonic but Radar is my first ever cat and has a special place in my heart all of his own iykwim) being suddenly taken and it is heartbreaking.

Radar has been licky cat this morning and wanted extra long cuddles while he groomed my entire face and covered me in dribble, for which I am grateful.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Your being here for Kenz and that speaks volumes

I've never hugged or kissed Rosie and Sophie so much in one night so i think they thought i'd lost the plot. I even sat and told them about what happend to Davidson and Rosie as usually chattered back at me.

My eyes are swollen from all the tears last night and i'm still drained from it all, so goodness knows what your like Kenz
I told Sleeves and Nismo aswell

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I couldn't help but think of little Davidson as I cuddled with Ferris. Ferris was born on or about May 31st, 2006, so that made them about the same age, and I eagerly read all Babyharley's threads about the introduction and the two boys getting to know each other and becoming best buds as I added Ferris to my house and hoped for the best with him.

In a way, I saw Davidson in Ferris' eyes, and I told my boy how much he is loved, just like Davidson was.

I'll certainly never forget the little dear, because my motorcycle shares his name, so I'll remember him every time I go for a ride.

Hang in there, Kenz. We'll be healing along with you, but it will take time, and can't be rushed.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very sorry to hear about Davidson
Another one taken too young.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wanted to let you all know that I have merged the 4 threads all started about Davidson. We really try to discourage starting multiple threads on the same subject and I felt this qualified in that realm.

If you have words to say to McKenzie re Davidson, please do not start yet another thread but do go to the "Bridge" thread to show your support. While you are there, perhaps you could take a couple moments to support some of the others who have also lost a beloved pet.

I'll close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.