I have learned....What have you learned?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have recently learned that just because I am laying on the couch does not make it off limits for kitty NASCAR-OUCH!!!!!!

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

And would that be a pregnant woman with a full bladder?

I have learned that cats sense full bladders and will position themselves accordingly as to make it hard to get up and to the bathroom in time.
So THAT'S how they do it!!! Oooooh, those kits!!

Actually I'm still having trouble getting comfortable, so I toss & turn a lot, but that's tough to do when you can't move your legs!!!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This isn't personally about what I have learned but I thought as we get older these are what we should learn.. My Daughter sent it to me awhile back, thought I would share it

AFTER AWHILE YOU LEARN THE SUBTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOLDING A HAND AND CHANGING A SOUL,

AND YOU LEARN THAT LOVE DOESNT MEAN LEANING AND COMPANY DOESNT ALWAYS MEAN SECURITY, AND YOU BEGIN TO LEARN THAT KISSES ARENT CONTRACTS AND PRESENTS ARENT PROMISES

AND YOU BEGIN TO ACCEPT YOUR DEFEATS WITH YOUR HEAD UP AND YOUR EYES AHEAD WITH THE GRACE OF A WOMAN NOT THE GRIEF OF A CHILD.

AND YOU LEARN TO BUILD ALL YOUR ROADS ON TODAY BECAUSE TOMORROWS GROUND IS TOO UNCERTAIN FOR PLANS AND FUTURES HAVE A WAY OF FALLING DOWN IN MID FLIGHT.

AFTER AWHILE YOU LEARN THAT EVEN SUNSHINE BURNS IF YOU GET TOO MUCH SO YOU PLANT YOUR OWN GARDEN AND DECORATE YOUR OWN SOUL INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR SOME ONE TOO BRING YOU FLOWERS,

AND YOU LEARN THAT YOU REALLY CAN ENDURE.... YOU REALLY ARE STRONG... YOU REALLY DO HAVE WORTH... AND YOU LEARN AND YOU LEARN WITH EVERY GOODBYE, YOU LEARN

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was beautiful Lois! Sad, and beautiful all at the same time.... Thanks for sharing!!!

ETA: I
reading all of these funny kitty "teachings", and I
all of you guys' kitties! Thanks for sharing & making me giggle each day!!!

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

That is my LuckyGirl to a T! She will roll around with the MOST adorable little pink belly & white fur showing with a look like "Here Mommy Mommy Mommy!!!" and as soon as I touch it, I get the "HOW DARE YOU?!" look....
Why do they tempt us like that?! They know we're gonna take the bait, little monsters. It's not my fault she has a cute little white patch in all that gray that I just have to touch

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

Why do they tempt us like that?! They know we're gonna take the bait, little monsters. It's not my fault she has a cute little white patch in all that gray that I just have to touch
oooooh, now I wanna touch it!!!
But I have to say, LuckyGirl is not fat she's 8 1/4 lbs, but she has a little extra meat in her belly area, it's about an inch, and pink and SOOOOO SOFT.....but you really get the devil horns if you touch it, which of course I do everyday when I come home & she bares that beautious belly!!!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned that when you annoy your cat while they are sleeping gives your cat open season on annoying you while you are sleeping.

Also that an alarm clock to a cat is very much like the starting gun for the Indy 500 around the bed and that your head makes an interesting, yet not race stopping speed bump for the first 3 or 4 laps.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I learned something new. A little silver tabby has figured out how to turn off the light in our bedroom, a feat he has never been able to accomplish before. For months now he has stared at the chain hanging from our ceiling fan/light above our bed, and he has tried to get that chain. He has tried jumping straight up, he has tried a leap off of Meowmy's behind, he has tried a running jump from the dresser, and all with no luck. This morning he finally defeated the light. While looking for my other Steve Madden boot under my bed the light went off, I thought I blew the bulb, until I looked up and saw a mischeivous silver tabby, horns ablazing, hanging by his teeth from the chain in mid air! Then he dropped. I said "LOuie NO!" and turned the light back on, got on my hands & knees to search for the boot again, and
the light went off again. "LOUIE!!! KNOCK IT OFF!" I turn the light on, and look for the boot...
the light went off again. I was so angry, but all I could do was laugh....he had such a look of satifaction! He was acting all smug, and proud for getting the light chain....so I picked him up and he was purring away....

(the boot was in the living room, under the computer desk?!
)

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This morning I learned something new. A little silver tabby has figured out how to turn off the light in our bedroom, a feat he has never been able to accomplish before. For months now he has stared at the chain hanging from our ceiling fan/light above our bed, and he has tried to get that chain. He has tried jumping straight up, he has tried a leap off of Meowmy's behind, he has tried a running jump from the dresser, and all with no luck. This morning he finally defeated the light. While looking for my other Steve Madden boot under my bed the light went off, I thought I blew the bulb, until I looked up and saw a mischeivous silver tabby, horns ablazing, hanging by his teeth from the chain in mid air! Then he dropped. I said "LOuie NO!" and turned the light back on, got on my hands & knees to search for the boot again, and
the light went off again. "LOUIE!!! KNOCK IT OFF!" I turn the light on, and look for the boot...
the light went off again. I was so angry, but all I could do was laugh....he had such a look of satifaction! He was acting all smug, and proud for getting the light chain....so I picked him up and he was purring away....

(the boot was in the living room, under the computer desk?!
)
Heather, you are so funny, and your kitties antics crack me up!!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Heather, you are so funny, and your kitties antics crack me up!!!
Thanks Helen!
So glad I can make you laugh.... Saturday, well I had my neice Catie all weekend, & Jazzy, & I get Damien at 8am Sat morning. Well my SIL has a key so she just lets herself in & they come back & wake me up. Well this past Sat she comes in my front door to the foyer area and the baby is hollering "momma kitty, wook kitty momma!" And she knows that mine are NOT allowed out of the living areas (the foyer leads outside & to the basement, all kitty no-no areas). But he has had a growth spurt this last week, and his black stripes seem to have gotten wider & blacker, so she picked him up & did "the checklist" as she called it. She said "Are you Louie?! Wait, lemme look at your paws....little blue kitty press on nails? Check. Collar with rhinestones? Check. LOUIE!!! HOW DID YOU GET OUT HERE!!! YOUR MOMMA"S GONNA BEAT YOUR FURRY LITTLE HINEY!!!"
I still don't know how he got out there....the door was locked from the inside.
This is something that my LuckyGirl has NEVER done.

(press on nails & rhinestones? am I that bad???
)

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks Helen!
So glad I can make you laugh.... Saturday, well I had my neice Catie all weekend, & Jazzy, & I get Damien at 8am Sat morning. Well my SIL has a key so she just lets herself in & they come back & wake me up. Well this past Sat she comes in my front door to the foyer area and the baby is hollering "momma kitty, wook kitty momma!" And she knows that mine are NOT allowed out of the living areas (the foyer leads outside & to the basement, all kitty no-no areas). But he has had a growth spurt this last week, and his black stripes seem to have gotten wider & blacker, so she picked him up & did "the checklist" as she called it. She said "Are you Louie?! Wait, lemme look at your paws....little blue kitty press on nails? Check. Collar with rhinestones? Check. LOUIE!!! HOW DID YOU GET OUT HERE!!! YOUR MOMMA"S GONNA BEAT YOUR FURRY LITTLE HINEY!!!"

)
She makes poor Louie sound like a rather trashy transvetite.

"Your momma's gonna beat your furry little hiney?"

Please, let the neighbours not have heard that!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks Helen!

)
Damien is a doll!!!! And your kitties are STYLIN!!!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night while anxiously covering the 4 batches of brownies I made to donate to the United Way bake sale I saw one stunningly shiny tuxie girl looking into the drawer where the rolls of tinfoil & plastic wraps are.
Mind you this drawer is FULL. The only thing that was out was the tin foil. I see her standing on her hind legs peeking in, and say "LuckyGirl, get out of there" very sternly so she would know that I mean business. My
always listens, and I never have to tell her twice. So a minute later, I turn around, and she's not there. Hmmmm.....I didn't see her walk past me?! But I have been a little busy/crazy/losing my mind with things to do...so I look into the living room area, and no LuckyGirl....
so I walk back through the house, she's not in the bathroom window.....she's not on my bed against the angora Nicole Miller pillow that she's claimed as her own....she's not in my window knocking the blinds to the floor.....she's not on the top shelf of the closet.....hmmm, maybe Jazzy's room....she's not in the litter box .....she's not on top of the loft bed ......she's not taunting the turtle on top of the aquarium
.....where could she be? So I shake the treats, which she always runs for....Louie comes a runnin
....so I go to the last place I saw her....the drawer, but there's no way she could squeeze her 8 1/4 lb hiney in that small drawer....unless she was like a mouse with no back bone?!
And so I pull the drawer out, and sure as anything she's crammed in the 4 inches behind the drawers, standing on her hind legs, trying to get in my silverware drawer above her. And she would NOT come out. I had to get hubby to come & call her....cause of course she comes for him
. And she walks across my dish towels in the bottom drawer, and peeks her head out like "yeah daddy, you rang?!"
But she still would not come out, he had to drag her out of it?! So much for my little
......I think she's spending too much time with Louie....

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

She makes poor Louie sound like a rather trashy transvetite.

"Your momma's gonna beat your furry little hiney?"

Please, let the neighbours not have heard that!
Louie is what you'd call a "metrosexual"....
he's a guy, that's so secure in his manhood, that he gets his nails done, only buys top of the line designer clothes, and wears the finest jewelry....

"Your momma's gonna beat your furry little hiney?" it's an Italian thing....it's just a saying....like "your so cute I could just eat you!"

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

"Your momma's gonna beat your furry little hiney?" it's an Italian thing....it's just a saying....like "your so cute I could just eat you!"
In our house we say gonna get your Coolie!!!! I used to say it to Bella and she would get this wild look in her eye and take off running!!!!

phishmarisol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe one that sums them all up....I'm not my cat's owner, I'm her servant.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night my husband learned that if would like privacy in the bathroom that he better make sure the door latches fully. If not Anya will literally charge the door and throw her body against it until she can get in.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned that once a kitten has figured out how to turn the light on & off by leaping onto ones sleeping backside and biting the chain to the ceiling fan/light this will make for great fun in the middle of the night.
(oh what the neighbors must think: the lights go on, the lights go off, the lights go on....)

And also, I have learned that one 4lb kitten feels like a bowling ball landing onto ones backside in the middle of the night.

life with cats....gotta love it!