I found a very small kitten today...PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

it's very rewarding if you don't decide you NEED to keep them all
I Love all mine
Well...See there's my problem! Smoke was her's and I just HAD to keep her...and she her first litter, I wanted to keep them but I already had 3 other cats sooo, well. Anyways, your cats are ADORABLE!!

Originally Posted by halfpint

Thanks for caring for that sweet little baby!

A better formula for him would be KMR milk replacer, it has more of the nutrients he needs and it worked well with 2 small kitten I cared for the other summer.
Where could I get that? Pet Smart maybe? I went to several stores and grocery stores yesterday and this is all I could find. Just let me know and that would help me bunches! Thank you!!! Oh and no problem..I sure am trying my hardest to take care of him. I hope he's going to make it. If he doesn't, I'll feel like it's my fault.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, you can get KMR at Petsmart or petco, that's where I bought it.

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok so wow, a few minutes ago, my neighbor came up here and ask if my cat had kittens, I said yeah, and he handed me the cutest little black kitten!!! It was all wet, he told me the dog was licking it...I checked it for blood and puncture wounds, but he looks good! I fed him a little, and he moves around and meows just like the other one...they both look healthy! I hope he does alright too. Awwwww...I really hope they both make it. Thanks to everyone, you have all been such a big help!!!

I'll keep yall posted on Kitty number 2 as well.

kittycity81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
YAY!!!! So the neighbors dog didn't hurt the kitten!!! I am so happy to hear that he didn't hurt the kitten because when I was reading your first post saying the dog had it,it made me sooo upset.I feel so relieved that you have him now.,There is no need for you to be so nervous,it sounds like you are doing a good job! Please update us with their progress and pics a.s.a.p. of the black kitty!!!

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I'm trying..the grey one is doing awesome, but I have some sad news about the black one...when I made him potty, it was blood. I'm not sure why, but first thing in the morning, I'm taking him to the vet. I'm so worried. I don't think he'll make it...I feel so sick right now, and I'm crying so hard I cant even type..
I don't know what to do, I wish I could help him tonight...but there is nothing I can do at this hour! Is their anything I can do to make him more comfrontable? Please!!!

Hugs and much love to you all..thanks!

princeegrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is it alot of blood? Because once when Chance was little he peed blood but only a little drop he was fine though.

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I stimulated him with the cloth, it was a spot...it wasnt like pouring...it just scared me. I'm hoping he's ok, cause I just feel so sick right now. And helpless. I'm honestly trying my hardest for these little guys...It's breaking my heart!!!!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Remember to breathe ... and know that you are trying. Have faith in yourself and in these babies. Trust that nature knows best and accept her decision. That is all you can do.

While the chances are still good things can go south, for now things sound ... not great, but still cautiously optimistic.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if you have an emergency vet, you could call or go in, but unfortunately in my experience, vets are a little...overwhelmed, I guess you could call it, when it comes to kittens. They see so many kittens I think they are just numb to it.

Otherwise, just keep feeding and stimulating, and keep him warm. If he eats and such, that's a good sign. Was this the same kitten that was thought dead before? Maybe dehydration could cause some bleeding in the kidneys...

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No...Sadly, the one thought to be dead, was dead. It looked just like the first kitty. I called the nearest humane society and they told me they didn't have any volunteers currently taking care of kittens. She did, however, tell me that I could use a trap to catch Snickers(I ask her about it). She also informed me that when the kittens are old enough, she would place them for me if I couldn't find them homes. So that made me feel some better.
Hopefully, all things will turn out...Thanks for the prayers, and, gayef, those are some peaceful words. It's in God's hands and he knows what is best.

kittycity81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We will say a special prayer for the kitten...please keep us updated when you find out what is going on.Hopefully it isn't anything severe,maybe he was just straining(HOPEFULLY)???God is in charge right now and he will make the right decision...but if he pulls through I would definetly consider keeping him Tiffany because he is a real fighter...you should name him Little Soldier!Sending him and the other kitten our love

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PrincessTiffany

No...Sadly, the one thought to be dead, was dead. It looked just like the first kitty. I called the nearest humane society and they told me they didn't have any volunteers currently taking care of kittens. She did, however, tell me that I could use a trap to catch Snickers(I ask her about it). She also informed me that when the kittens are old enough, she would place them for me if I couldn't find them homes. So that made me feel some better.
Hopefully, all things will turn out...Thanks for the prayers, and, gayef, those are some peaceful words. It's in God's hands and he knows what is best.
Is there any news yet.

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok! Sorry it's been a while since I posted. Been a busy day!!! Well...The good news is the kitties are both eating well! They are gaining weight and the black one's pee is clearing up...it's just slightly brown. I called the vet and she said for me not to bring it, because there would be nothing she could do, and that to her, since has went from bright red to slightly light brown it sounded like it was straining or it was from dehydration and for me to just keep doing what I'm doing. They are both VERY vocal now, and I'm not sure if that's normal...
That was what I wanted to ask yall. Maybe they just miss Mommy. Other than meowing alot, they seem very healthy and happy for the most part.
Also, i can see the corners of thier eyes a little bit...so I guess it won't be long until kitties can explore the world.
I really hope they make it...I've fallen in love with the little guys...and I believe my Mom wants the black one if it makes it...she's attached to it...
She's helped me take care of all the others that were slightly older the past few summers, now she's helping me with these. We all love them so much, and they have stolen our hearts...for sure!!!

Thanks to everyone and (((HUGS))) for caring so much. I first came on this sight for info, but I found much more than that...I seen that you all actually care what happens, and that is a wonderful feeling. Keep us in your prayers!!!

*Tiffany*

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Add more water to the formula and see if the blood spotting doesn't go away.

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sure will try that next feeding! Thanks alot!

I might have spoken to soon about them meowing all the time! They are sleeping like babies right now. Their breathing is fine, and they are all snuggled up to each other.
I'm hoping this is a good sign. Also, just wondering, is whinning alot during the day common for kitties this age?

Thanks again everyone! You all are awesome.

*Tiff*

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I just fed the little babies, and they are already sound asleep again.
I've gotten used to how often they eat(every 2 1/2-3 hours) They wont eat any closer together...lol I've tried. Anways...just wanted to let yall know that the black kitty's pee is ALOT clearer...hardly any brown this time. YAY
I also have another question....Is it common for them to eat more at one serving than another..cause at night time when they wake up, they don't eat as much as they do during the day....
Just wondering..I know you're probably thinking...Oh NO, there's that girl with all the questions...just wanting to make sure I'm doing EVERYTHING right!

Thanks!!! HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just tried to feed them...it's been almost four hours and they didn't want anything...I'm going to try and sleep for a little bit now...I really hope they are ok...I don't know why they didn't eat...is it common for them to not be hungry or could something be wrong???

Sorry for all the questions...

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
first thing is - do not apologise for asking all these questions. We all think its wonderful that you ARE asking the questions!!

secondly - I cant offer much advise
sorry... but I just wanted to applaud you for all that your doing here... its simply amazing.
More knowledgeable people will be along shortly I am sure... hang in there and get some sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.