I found a very small kitten today...PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm am/was attached to these two...and I've only had them 72 hours.
I'm very sorry. It is heart sicking to know you did everything you could, and they still passed on.
But the way I'm trying to think of it is I gave it chance it wouldn't have had otherwise...same thing you did with your little Chance.
Just a catlovers heart I guess.

Hugs to everyone and thier kitties. I sat and hugged Smoke for an hour crying...she hasn't been around the kitties, so of course she doesn't know, but she had the saddest meow while I was crying..trying to make me feel better. I don't know what I would do without her.

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know someone suggested this website earlier in the thread, if you missed it or haven't had a chance to read through it, it might help you with the little guy who's still hanging in there.

Good luck, and I'm sorry about the little one.

http://www.kitten-rescue.com

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tiffany,

you know my thoughts are with you at this time
You certainly did do your best, you did everything you possibly could, please do not think any differently

as you wished I started a tribute to Lil' Smoke which can be found here
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...97#post1139797

I will not close this thread as we will all still be hear waiting on updates on the little black one

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The little black one, who has now been named Chipper(after my kitty of 10yrs who crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2 yrs ago), seems to be doing better today. I'm keeping my hopes up. Even if he meets the same fate as the other, I want all of you to know I will not give up, and he will be loved and fought for right to the very end. I also wanted to share that we have decided to keep him. My Mom has also became very attached to him, she has been helping me with a couple feedings a day, and when she did feed one, she fed Chipper. So we both decided if the little guy makes it, he will have a permanent home here with us, where we KNOW he will be loved and cared for as any kitty cat across the world should be. Please keep me and Chipper in your prayers. God bless all of you for everything you have said and done. It has helped me, and made me feel so much better...you all will just never know...

kittenuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
where are you i have a cat with small litter around same age she could take it

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Chipper is still doing great. He's moving around a little more, meowing when he's hungry, sleeping other times...and he has clear pee and his poo is normal. I also have some more exciting news...We have a small porch on the other side of our pool, it's low to the ground, well when I went out to feed Snickers, I heard KITTENS...I looked with a flashlight and noticed a stray cat who had found a home for herself, and she was HAVING THE KITTIES!!! I keep checking on her, and I slid a bowl of water/food under the edge. I'm so excited, I can see two so far, and they are meowing and sucking...it's so amazing. God has blessed me with the joy of these babies. But I'm not going to even touch the little ones...and seeing as to how for some odd reason, the momma let me touch her, I think she'll keep them there. When they get old enough to come out, I'll get them used to people, so they don't wind up like Snickers.
I'm hoping they pull through. GO Mom cat!!!

HUGS TO ALL OF YOU and YOUR KITTIES!!! THANKS FOR THE WELL WISHES!

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats! They do know who to go to

Is there any chance you can move them inside somewhere? Besides the parasites, and all the terrible things that can happen to cats and kittens on the outside, and the cold, the Mom can get pregnant again while she's still nursing the babies. And hopefully have her spayed afterwards, or turn her and the babies over to a no-kill rescue so they will spay, etc.?

If you contact them now, hopefully they will be able to take them by then, and might even be willing to pay for care. The have a much easier time finding homes for the little ones.

Good luck!

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes! They do trust me probably because I set food outside of the fence. I'm not kidding you, our neighbors have gone to court for how many animals they have...they had 30 cats at one point. They babies of all those poor cats are now old enough to have kitties, so I'm guessing that's where she came from!

As for moving her inside, I think I will try in a couple of days. Right now, I can't get to her..she's in the middle of the deck, and I can see her and all 6 babies through the cracks...BUT the time I touched her when she walked out...she let me for a second then ran...I'm scared if I do to much chasing after her right now, she will move them, and I don't want that with all the dogs in the neighborhood. I'm just about the only person around here who has thier dogs in a kennel! The rest run loose like they own the whole place!!!!

Thanks for the tips, and I'm going to call the vet and the Humane society monday morning to see about the mom and kitties. She seems sweet, just shy. I'm also going to see when I can take little Chipper in for a check-up.
Speaking of which, he seems to be doing great! I'm hoping this is a good sign!

HUGS EVERYONE!!!!

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to say, but Chipper passed away in his sleep last night.
This is terrible, I don't know what happend. He acted so healthy yesterday!!!
I miss my little baby!!!
I just don't understand. I'm sorry to all of you, I tried, and so did Chipper. He fought till' the end.
This is so sad.

I'm not leaving this board though, because yall have helped me so much, and I can still always use an insight on my other two kitties. Yall are so sweet, and I could never thank yall enough.

My heart is so heavy.

*Tiffany*

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PrincessTiffany

I'm sorry to say, but Chipper passed away in his sleep last night.
This is terrible, I don't know what happend. He acted so healthy yesterday!!!
I miss my little baby!!!
I just don't understand. I'm sorry to all of you, I tried, and so did Chipper. He fought till' the end.
This is so sad.

I'm not leaving this board though, because yall have helped me so much, and I can still always use an insight on my other two kitties. Yall are so sweet, and I could never thank yall enough.

My heart is so heavy.

*Tiffany*
Aww, so sorry to hear that. RIP Chipper. Wonder what happened with him? Many *hugs* sent your way~~(((HUGS)))

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks...No doubt about it, these kitties died in a home where they were LOVED with our WHOLE hearts! I guess that's always better than ending up dead in some dog's mouth. Sometimes I wonder if they had injuries from the dogs that I couldn't see. I just don't know....It's sad because first thing in the morning, I was going to take Chipper to the vet for his check-up.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh Tiffany
I am so very very sorry
Words escape me right now but I wish I knew just the right thing to say

I will change the title of Lil' Smokes tribute to include Chipper - therefore they will both be together. Pm me if you need

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!!! I would love that!!!
I really want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart!! It means so much to me that you were all here for me through this difficult time. I laid them to rest in my backyard beside each other. It was a very sad moment. I can't believe that this time last week, I didn't even know them...and now they are gone!
I need to be quiet, or I'm going to really start crying hard again....
Poor little angels.

I also just wanted to say, the other cat who had her kitties in my backyard is doing great. I gave her some cat milk plus, and she loved it. There are 6 kitties, 3 orange ones, a calico, and a white one with little black spots...they are adorable. I can't get to them though! But she's being a good momma!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, that is so sad..I was hoping the little guy would make it, he seemed to be doing so well

I am very sorry you lost him too..it's awful.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry

You did a marvelous job with them though. They may have been born with internal defects that weren't visible to the eye.

Many
to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.