I can’t get up because …

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yessss!!! I wonder where the hours go sometimes because I’ve accomplished so little but then I remember that time spent with a cat is never wasted :)
This is so true!
It’s also an excellent reason to offer for why you didn’t get such-and-such a thing done. (Very useful if one’s working from home and has a boss who’s a cat person. They understand.)

Last edited:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's be honest here. The true reason is we all just love when our cats spend time on us, and we don't want it to stop.
But of course! That’s why we know disturbing them is Wrong and Unacceptable, too - they deign to sit on us and we are so ungrateful as to move?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
… Phoebe is having a major bath on my lap. Clearly breakfast will have to wait. So will the knitting I want to finish today.

Do you put things on hold because it would disturb the cat and that is just Wrong and Unacceptable? 🙀
ALL the time! Not only is it rude to disturb them, but it's a great way to get out of social obligations I've been trying to get out for weeks :lol:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ALL the time! Not only is it rude to disturb them, but it's a great way to get out of social obligations I've been trying to get out for weeks :lol:
I’d love to hear those phone calls - “Sorry I can’t make it, my cat’s on my lap.”

And I just have to include this cartoon I’ve laughed at for years …

91192AC5-68EC-4BA3-A2F4-179D6323ACEB.jpeg

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d love to hear those phone calls - “Sorry I can’t make it, my cat’s on my lap.”
The hilarious thing about that is, some people might say, "cell phones eliminate that." Like, we don't have land lines sitting in set locations anymore. We can grab our cell phones anywhere.

But the truth is, sometimes I leave my cell phone out of reach, and my cat has settled down on my lap. And so I don't feel able to get up to reach it 😅

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the time. I've watched some really bad TV because I don't want to disturb the sleeping princess in my lap.
Lol... this, exactly. I have a bad habit of inadvertently taking the TV remote with me when I go into the kitchen/bathroom, and then leave it there. I go back to the living room, sit down, and my cat settles on my lap. If I don't have the remote at that point, I am stuck watching whatever is on.