Hurricane Isabel

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you all that live on the East coast looked at the weather channel lately, theres a huge hurricane out there and we are in the projected path! I live just a few miles from the coast just south of Savannah Ga. and I'm starting my preparation list. I have to go buy more cat carriers this weekend if it looks like its going to hit close to here. We had to evacuate a few years ago, and it was so hard, I had 4 cats, 2 dogs, a parakeet, a siamese fighting fish and 3 kids packed into a Ford Taurus! My husband was stationed in Korea at the time and wasnt here. The drive to my familys house that normally takes 6 hours took 10 because of all the people leaving the area. It was awful! I'm getting prepared early this time just in case. Hopefully it wont hit here but I am keeping an eye on this one!

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope it steers clear of your area for your sake! Sounds like a nightmare to pack up. Ugggh.

Laurie

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have Family on the Florida, Louisiana, and Texas coast. I'm praying daily that this hurricane turns around and fades away.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked at the National Weather Service website and it looks like it is headed for the Outer Banks.
Unless it changes course...

It is a big one, a Category 5. Winds are 160 mph, with higher gusts.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG!!! Well, since Hurricanes can be so unpredicable, I do SO hope, that it turns itself around and just fizzles out!!!! That would be SO scary!!! Take care, OK???!!!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG , I did not know that malynn . I just live one hour away from Savannah

I have to work a extra day at the priest house , when I come back I will ck it out .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hopefully it will start heading north and miss the U.S. I have noticed that sometimes when they come our way they get closer and then head a little north. Good news for us but not for the outer banks of N.C. I guess we will know more by early next week on its path.

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in Florida we are expected to feel the effects of hurricane Isabel by mid week. I hope and pray this hurricane will "hang a right" and go out to sea...

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just been making a mental list of what to pack in the cars for evacuation. I am 12 miles inland, about 35 miles south of the Outer Banks. The cat carriers are sitting on go, the important papers area all in one place, and the cars are full of gas. I am scared spitless! I am not even sure where we would evacuate to! Probably to friends on the South Carolin-Georgia line. Inland, of course. That is, if 95 South isn't clogged with people leaving.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL! Anytime my friend- just bring your cats and we will make do!

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
LOL! Anytime my friend- just bring your cats and we will make do!
Awwwwww, thanks MA! Can you just picture Me, Keith and Eric with our four fat cats holding hands shivering at your front door? Now there's an unforgettable "Pop-In" -- ROTFL!!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't know where to go with all my animals
. Does anybody of you know where I could go with over 20 animals ??? And may keep us for a while ? Maybe some type of shelter or rescue ???
I do hope that this hurican goes back into the ocean .

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hurricane Isabel remains an extremely dangerous storm, at the highest category on the Saffir-Simpson scale. Isabel is a Category 5... Andrew was category 4 ... This storm gives me the creeps!