Hurricane coming our way:(

aimerlee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I came back today and I really have to commend Wilmington for doing such an amazing cleanup job. The streets were completely cleared out already! Other than a LOT of downed trees and some wind damage to houses, everything looks okay here. I haven't seen the beach yet, but I'm sure it's pretty eroded.

I probably saw 70 of these power trucks coming back from the heavy hit areas on my way back. It's a 2 hour drive.

A view of my backyard. Luckily none of those huge trees fell on top of us! That's the main reason I evacuated.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! I have power again now - thankfully - though everyone outside of the city where my parents live are still out. Nothing else big happened here after the tree came down, except huge wind gusts and lots and lots and lots of rain. Small branches down everywhere.

I'm so glad that's over. Glad to hear that no one from TCS was hurt.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, its ALMOST to Canada. Our wind is picking up quite a bit. Almost 6500 people without power now. Including my parents, where I was gonna stay tonight. Ours flickered but hasn't gone out...yet. I think it will soon though. Which really sucks because its soooooo humid.

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got power back last night around 10. It was Hurricane Force winds (About 75 mph I find out now) as it hit Suffolk County yesterday around 9:30 AM. There's not a block around here that didn't lose multiple trees and had downed power lines. I lost two trees in the back, and my trampoline has a tree lying on it.

There's just debris everywhere, and today will be picture taking and clean up day. I've never been so happy to see lights on-I was losing it due to lack of information-I had no clue what was going on. My cell phone was also completely useless. I have an RV generator, which is just powerful enough to keep my fridge and one lamp on.

Many of my neighbors have multiple trees down, and the wires on the road kept the fire police busy all day yesterday. I'm going down to the beach today to see what happened to all the bigger boats they couldn't get out of the water.

All in all-we didn't get much rain, not that I really worried about that-and my trees totally did me proud. I was so afraid one would fall on my house or my camper!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dottie is stranded in NH. She was supposed to fly out today, but no luck. She is booked tomorrow...maybe.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Loads and loads of vibes to all of you
. I am just glad to be hearing that no one was seriously injured here.. I was really worried too, about you Laurie, in the RV with ALL of those trees surrounding you. Beautiful place to live, but not in a tropical storm.... to Dottie that she gets home safely