How To Tell If Cat Is About To Give Birth In The Next Few Hours?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she didn't express interest when teh kittens were born, she may be doing what instinct was telling her, tehy were not going to survive. That happens more often then you think. I have read here that OFTEN, kittens that were rejected by their mother die, sometimes months later of unknown causes or a birth defect that was undetected. My heart goes out to you.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaleidoscopesky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she didn't express interest when teh kittens were born, she may be doing what instinct was telling her, tehy were not going to survive. That happens more often then you think. I have read here that OFTEN, kittens that were rejected by their mother die, sometimes months later of unknown causes or a birth defect that was undetected. My heart goes out to you.....
Woah, I didn't know that was the case. I thought it was so because my cats a flat faced persian and I read that it's common for their breed to behave like that. My friends flat face also didn't mother her children and they had to be hand raised, but so far the kittens are 5 months along and healthy.