How to tell between constipation and uti

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you think dehydration caused liver and pancreas high? Wonder if it's from lack of moisture.
Bought 2 16 pack. I hope she will get to old food normally soon

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you think dehydration caused liver and pancreas high? Wonder if it's from lack of moisture. Bought 2 16 pack. I hope she will get to old food normally soon.
Food and/or water intake could affect both I suppose. I'd work on getting back on track and worry about seeing if those numbers normalize down the road after she is feeling better.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She had for of them creamy treats. So that's probably hydrating her well. No idea when I should give her normal food. I hate that she is spoiled on these.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She had for of them creamy treats. So that's probably hydrating her well. No idea when I should give her normal food. I hate that she is spoiled on these.
Just try it here and there, a few spoonsful to see what she does. Eventually, you might put just a little bit of food in with a treat and she if you can gradually get her to eat that way. It's all an experiment and you just have to try different things to see what works.

Last edited:

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tried to feed her regular food and mixed it with the creamy temptations but I failed 😕
I can't get her to eat normally. Was hoping those creamy treat would get her eating.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I tried to feed her regular food and mixed it with the creamy temptations but I failed 😕 I can't get her to eat normally. Was hoping those creamy treat would get her eating.
I personally think you are expecting too much too quickly.

She has only been on antibiotics for a few days, correct? This is just one day of trying something else besides her food to get her to eat, and you have had success with that in just the short time you've tried. She is not going to get better overnight, she is not going to eat normally after one day, and you have to be patient but persistent in your attempts to get her to drink and eat some. You also cannot just rely on trying only the temptation treats.

So far, what all have you tried to feed her that has been suggested to you? Are you giving her antibiotics and how are you getting her to take them? Are you still giving her pain meds?

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I give her the liquid, about 0.3 since one time she was on it when she had dental extract. So I guess as long as she has something in her tummy then. I'm hoping the antibiotics isn't the one causing the issue. Will also try tuna in a bit since I make sandwiches.
She seems to act like herself , she paws at me when she's hungry.

I'm worried she will be spoiled ☹

I read that feed creamy treats 1-2 packet per 10 lb. She's 8 and 1/2 is this even a good amount? It's her 6th one

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah I give her the liquid, about 0.3 since one time she was on it when she had dental extract. So I guess as long as she has something in her tummy then. I'm hoping the antibiotics isn't the one causing the issue. Will also try tuna in a bit since I make sandwiches. She seems to act like herself , she paws at me when she's hungry. I'm worried she will be spoiled ☹ I read that feed creamy treats 1-2 packet per 10 lb. She's 8 and 1/2 is this even a good amount? It's her 6th one
The antibiotics are more likely to cause stomach upset, so she really needs to eat food/treats with them too.

Acting normally is good, pawing at you when she is hungry is good. As far as I know the creamy treats packet recommendations are based on them being used as a treat in addition to food, not as a meal, so I don't think that matters right now.

I get the spoiled part - that is why you want to continue to try other foods for her so that she has the chance to eat something other than just the treats. Patience!!

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I looked up side effects of antibiotics, I do see loss of appetite ☹

I'm scared she will loose more weight though. Indo have this high calorie gel she seems to like. This won't make her sick if I give her a little more?

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's usually to get their calorie if recovering from illness or help them not be so picky . So as long as she takes some. She likes Gerber and only likes to lick it off my fingers

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's usually to get their calorie if recovering from illness or help them not be so picky . So as long as she takes some. She likes Gerber and only likes to lick it off my fingers.
Maybe the Indo is like the Hill's Prescription Diet Canine/Feline a/d Restorative Care that I mentioned to you before. Most all vets carry it, and it is intended to help the same way you describe Indo - cats recovering from illness and to get them to eat again. It is a complete cat food and full of calories. Maybe look that up and compare it to Indo?

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Would my cat eat it though I wonder. I guess it won't hurt to try

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Would my cat eat it though I wonder. I guess it won't hurt to try.
That is the key - try, try, and try. I know how frustrating it is when you try something, and it seems to fail - I do this nearly every day with my cat - but you have to brush that aside and try some more. And - over time - don't forget to re-try things you've tried before.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well at least I got her hydrating. Hopefully by the end of her antibiotics and she gets retested then she will feel normal

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to figure out what 28kcal is to calories but the conversion is confusing.

Does anyone know im going to give high calorie gel but I don't know how much to give to a cat.

It says if my cat isn't getting much calories
To 1 tbs 28kcal is teaspoon.

I can't get her to eat that cat food you recommended. I just worry she will be to skinny and get that disease whatever it's called ☹

Can't take her to my normal vet as it's booked this week