How to know if my cat will have her kittens soon.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I notice it once or twice a day. Pea to dime sized globs. Today only once so far. I will take a picture next time I wipe it off. She's not n distress and it doesn't have an odor. I'm so stressed out about her lol
I remember that stress. Poor Rosie. Poor Rosie's Mom. I hope she jusy goes into labor and you walk on on a kitten already born soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you Wendy me to! Im,going to call the vet again tomorrow if she hasn't had them.She's had very little discharge since last night. The stuff I just wiped off was barely anything. It has been pea,sized or fine sized globs of snot stuff. Tonight is was more,white and only a little. I have a couple pictures but like I said it wasn't much. Tonight she has been meowing a lot. She's using her paw to grab my hand and bring it to her head so I'll pet her. I hope that means she's close but I won't hold my breath.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, she's going into labor soon then. I think she'll be okay! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last time I read about a cat like this, there was a still born kitten. Let's hope it's nothing to worry about. She should have them any day now!

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@KrissyMarissy oh I hope not :( I'm going to call a different vet as soon as I drop my girls off at school. Just for a second opinion. Still no kittens this morning. Behavior near normal. Still wanting me to touch her all the time and wanting my attention. A little bit of the same discharge when I woke up. Eating a TON.I filled her bowl at 330 this morning and it's 730 now and it's empty again. No diarriah or vomiting. No acting in distres or ill. I can still feel the kittens moving but not nearly as much as yesterday. Seems they may be settling down into position. Or at least that's my,hope. Ill update again after I talk to the second vet.

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well the 2nd vet said the same thing. They think she's ok right now, and to just watch for all the signs the other vet told me to watch for. Change,in color or odor of the discharge, changing eating habbits or acting sick. Otherwise just wait and see... :/ I would say that makes me feel better but at this point it doesn't. I'm so nervous and scared for her. Mrs.Bandit sees the vet this afternoon so we will see what they say about her.

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She can't keep them in there forever, they will come. I guess there's comfort in that. I don't mean to alarm you, just getting anxious. Discharge is normal, but this just sounds like more than most people report.

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah that's what the vet said. Nature will take it's course. I guess I just wait and watch her closely for the slightest change. I did ask,why she's had the discharge so long.I explained that I originally thought it was her mucus plug But that today is day number 8 of the discharge and still no kittens. They did say some cats can lose their plug over the course of days before labor. Ive never heard of that but im sure they know more than I do. 8 days is a long time... Thank you guys for always responding. It's nice to have someone to talk to about it when I feel so anxious.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She can't keep them in there forever, they will come. I guess there's comfort in that. I don't mean to alarm you, just getting anxious. Discharge is normal, but this just sounds like more than most people report.
I remember waiting with @Wendydelmo  for her cat Naomi to have her kittens. It's hard to wait but just know that it will be over soon and you will have some precious babies to love.

jenny37

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad to read she's still doing well. The waiting can make us CrAzY!! I was getting anxious with Eva bc my vet said he thought she'd have them by the weekend based on her X-ray. I calculated that tomorrow would be 63 days but he thought she was farther along.. He's a little concerned her kittens might be a little on the large size compared to her pelvis so I've been watching her like a hawk. After no progress or signs this weekend, I've decided to relax a bit...a watch pot never boils;)....I'm just hoping the "bubbles" won't be too big when the boiling begins!!
Good luck with Rosie:)

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Exactl my thoughts. I have been checking on her every 15 minutes and every 2 hours at night. I think ill try to relax and leave her alone today but still get up throughout the night to check. Maybe if I relax she will have them lol. It's driving me crazy not knowing when it's going to happen. I still see tons of movement from the kittens and she's still eating everything in sight.I thought for sure all of that would have stopped by now. I rescued her 16 days ago and the day I got her I could feel and see movement clearly already. It's gotta be time!!

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on Bandit. She was seen by the vet today. She is indeed pregnant and he estimated about 40 days. I brought her home and told him I would contact him tomorrow about whether I would spay her now or wait. I needed a night to think about it and get some opinions. She is very young, and I know it isn't good for her. I also know ill be heart broken if I do it. Its such a hard decision and she's already over halfway done. I'm not sure what to do. [emoji]128530[/emoji][emoji]128549[/emoji]

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found these online, I don't mean to upset you but this is what the kittens look like between 38 & 44 days.

From days 38 to 44 the skin differentiates. It becomes thicker and starts to wrinkle. The ears become bigger, the tail grows longer. The inner ear is formed, but is still of cartilage. The alveoli are developed. The pituitary gland becomes lobed. Within the intestines, intestinal villi are growing. The eyelids are complete and present, the eyes are closed. The embryo is 50mm to 80mm in size.

On day 44 the embryo measures 59mm to 94mm and fur is developing, the foetus is covered with a silky layer. From day 48 (65mm to 125mm), possible pigmentation is visible.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Update on Bandit. She was seen by the vet today. She is indeed pregnant and he estimated about 40 days. I brought her home and told him I would contact him tomorrow about whether I would spay her now or wait. I needed a night to think about it and get some opinions. She is very young, and I know it isn't good for her. I also know ill be heart broken if I do it. Its such a hard decision and she's already over halfway done. I'm not sure what to do. [emoji]128530[/emoji][emoji]128549[/emoji]
Could your vet give you any indication of how many she would have. If it's just a couple, I know she is young but IMO I would let her continue with the pregnancy.

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness.. :( yeah I don't see myself being able to spay her now. He saw 3 kittens on ultrasound. I'll probably just let her have them and then get her spayed. Not only does it make me sad to think about i, it's considerably more expensive to have it done now. This is exactly why these people should have spayed her instead of letting her get pregnant at 6 months old and then tossing her out :'(

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree but unfortunately so many people out there don't care about what happens to female cats/kittens when they have them They just let them get pregnant and let someone else deal with the problem

Thank you so much for taking her in and caring for her.