How to know if my cat will have her kittens soon.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tomorrow is fine. And hopefully she and her kittens are fine, but she needs checking. Let me know what the vet says tomorrow. Can you take both cats in together?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah that was what I had planned on doing! It'll be nice to have it all done at once and hopefully everything is fine with them both and their babies!

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's a snotty mucus consistancy.. Whiteish with a yellow tint. No odor. She tries to lick it away but can't reach anymore.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may have a vaginal or uterine infection. If so, it needs treating. I'm concerned because it's been steady for a week and it's not clear mucus. Hopefully, it's nothing, but I'm glad she'll be seen tomorrow.

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will call them as soon as they open. I have my alarm s21st for every 2 hours (as I have for the last 6 days lol) so I can keep a close eye on her.

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure it helped, but I had a talk with Rosie also! I told her that she should now evict the kittens in the safest, easiest delivery in the history of cat deliveries.Well see if she listens. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on both cats. Still no kittens for Rosie. No distress either though. As far as Ms.Bandit, my daughter said she was woken up by bandit purring in her face. That's a great sign that she's starting to feel a little more comfortable. I have her in my girls bedroom and she spent a majority of the day yesterday under their bed. The vet opens in about an hr so we will see what he says about both.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay! Good to hear that Bandit is purring for your daughter.

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok I just got off the phone with the vet. After explaining the events of the last 7 days with Rosie he said he isn't concerned. He doesn't want to unnecessarily stress her out so late in her pregnancy by loading her up and bringing her in. He said as long as she isn't in ACTIVE labor and having trouble, is acting normal and still eating and drinking to just wait it out. He told me to call him if the discharge changes in color or has an odor, it she gets a fever or starts acting sick or in pain, or if she begins ACTIVE labor and seems to be having trouble. So that eases my mind a little bit. I guess it's just a waiting game. I wish there was something I could do to help her along.like make her exercise lol. I made an appointment for an exam for bandit tomorrow afternoon. They did say they will spay them no matter how far along they are it just increases the price. Still not sure I can do that but I will see what they say tomorrow.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, so it's just wait and see with Rosie. I really think it depends on how far along Bandit is. I'm surprised your vet will do it that late in the term. I could not do that. Hopefully, the decision will be easier tomorrow after an ultrasound or x-ray.

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised also. I've always heard they won't after a certain point. She doesn't seem that far along though she's very small. But, I swore I could feel tiny light movements this morning when I held her. she doesn't let me hold her long though. The oeiginal,owners said she "wasn't a people person" but got more affectionate when she got pregnant. So apparently there has been some changes in her personality.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
And she could be carrying only one or two kittens. Hard to know until tomorrow.

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Jenny37 Still no kittens for Rosie. Still licking herself frequently, still losing her mucus plug and her milk has come ok but still no labor! Awww EVA IS beautiful! I hope everything goes wonderful!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
D dtackc6

How much discharge is Rosie having? Is it still cream-colored? Is it all day long? Can you get a picture of it on a paper towel?

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I notice it once or twice a day. Pea to dime sized globs. Today only once so far. I will take a picture next time I wipe it off. She's not n distress and it doesn't have an odor. I'm so stressed out about her lol