How should I feed my emaciated stray cat

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
[GALLERY="media, 350351"][/GALLERY][/quote]
Awww... she looks so happy and relaxed.  You can just imagine her thinking "I'm the luckiest cat in the world". [img]https://statich.thecatsite.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am just...melted.  I can't tell you how my heart goes out to yours for taking in this little girl and giving her the life she deserves!  Bless you a thousand times over!

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww she just looks so happy!! <3 <3 I think both she and you are lucky to have one another. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

boobear27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Anybody have any good suggestions for dental chews?
I'm checking out the Chewy.com website that someone recommended..I wish I heard of this site a long time ago I would have saved so much money on dog food for pooches...Looking to get some dental chews for Bowie? She is gonna need a teeth cleaning in the future she has some tartar and stinky breath..I also have to get her a toothbrush and toothpaste.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend uses Chewy.com and likes it a lot.  I use DrsFosterSmith.com, ditto.  This is a site founded by 2 veterinarians and now affiliated/partnering with Petco.  They have a full-service pharmacy and will custom compound meds.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I adore chewy. I just got an order as a matter of fact. Here's how good their service is---I made an order from Petco's website and one from chewy at the same time, last Wednesday night. I got the chewy order on Saturday. I just got the Petco order today. Yay, chewy!

PS: for anyone who buys 13-oz cans of Friskies---it's on sale at petco.com and chewy.com for a dollar a can :D. I ordered 6 cases from each site.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One thing I love about the Chewy web site is that when you check out the foods, the LIST OF INGREDIENTS is below each and every food, just scroll down a bit.   You can copy them, paste them into a Word file, and then compare! 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

One thing I love about the Chewy web site is that when you check out the foods, the LIST OF INGREDIENTS is below each and every food, just scroll down a bit.   You can copy them, paste them into a Word file, and then compare! 
I did not know that!  I've never been to the site.  I will bookmark it right now and take a close look tomorrow after I've slept (up 36 hours...getting punchy)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

boobear27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

michelekinman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
we have a very emaciated stray cat we started feeding him dry food out for him all day and also feed him can cat food.  The can cat food let us build trust and now we have taken him indoor.  It took about 4 month to get him back to his normal weight.  He weighed 6 pounds when we had him fixed and now he weighs 13 pounds. It is really important to make sure the cat is fixed depending on your zip code it may be free and there  are many reduced cost vets that will spay or neuter. I feed him Purina canned cat food and Costco dry cat food but in the begging I bought meow mix and he still gained weight

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can't believe it's been almost a month since we got Bowie! Time sure does fly by really quick!..Bowie is looking good and feeling good about who new life:)

Starting Weight: 4lbs
Weight Now: 6.8lbs
Weight Goal: 10lbs

Such a pretty kitty! I'm so glad she's putting on weight!

Side question- is she deaf in both ears? I know somtimes odd-eyed cats are only deaf on the side that has the blue eye.