How many of us have a tattoo?

chixyb

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have any, only 17! But on July 7 this year I turn 18, YAY! I can't wait to get a tattoo, I would like a cat, but I have to find one I like that doesn't look so cartoonish. I do have piercings though, my belly button, tongue and rook. Anyone know a site with lots of cat tattoos just to start looking?

willowsmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have one but want one more. Oncce I can afford to have it designed I will get it. The one I have now is on my chest. The one I want designed is a dragon fairly like creature I once found in a D&D book. just havn't found it since.
anyway here's the one I have now.

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a capricorn on the back of my left shoulder. I have a cute pudgy dragon on my right lower back. I want another one, but I don't know what to get.

kteelvr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have always wanted one on my lower back or my shoulder blade. Everytime I see a really cool looking tattoo, I always think when will I get the nerve up to finally get one?? I've heard mixed reactions about the pain. But then I also see that people who get 1 tattoo, usually get addicted after that. So maybe it's not that bad?

Hmmm, I'm a big chicken

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not me......YET! i want to get one SO BAD! maybe in May for my b-day i'll be able to get one

willowsmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by kteelvr
I have always wanted one on my lower back or my shoulder blade. Everytime I see a really cool looking tattoo, I always think when will I get the nerve up to finally get one?? I've heard mixed reactions about the pain. But then I also see that people who get 1 tattoo, usually get addicted after that. So maybe it's not that bad?

Hmmm, I'm a big chicken
My Best friend who is a big whimp LOL She has no pain tolerance at all!!!! has 4 or more tattoo's. and plans on getting more. When I got mine I was also chicken got it on a fatty area where theres wasn't to many nerve endings. so the pain wasn't much for me but I also have a very high tolerance to pain. I suggest you get one somewhere theres not to many nerves. Just to see how you handle it.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither Lyle nor I have any yet due to needing our money for more important things. I'm wanting to wait though untill I draw something I really like because I dont want something anyone else has. Other than my drawing, I want some sort of arm band. I'm designing it too.
Luckily I can draw ok! Otherwise my tattoo really would be origional!

There are several Lyle wants. I remember him saying: Matching celtic crosses on his left and my right hand (since thats how we hold hands), a duke blue devil and playboy bunny(ick)on his arm, a Harley Davidson shield(the logo) on his lower leg, a tattoo of Spawn on his back and some others he's mentioned. I dont have a clue which ones he's serious about though! I know he'll get the Harley one because he's crazy about them and his career is going to be owning his own shop one day. Lyle's best friend brandon has several! I wish I had photos because they are really good. Personally I think Brandon is nuts because he's always getting new tats or piercings for no reason! No wonder Lyle wants alot!

I forgot to add, Lyle's not a bit worried about the pain part. Myself I absolutly hate needles, but I want a tattoo anyway. I'll get thru it....somehow!

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a tattoo on the top of my arm, rather a large one of intertwing leaves. colour mainly green with yellow and a small bit of red. I am nearly 50 and HAVE NO REGRETS whatso ever about having it. I think you will be able to tell the age of people from their tattoo - you know those under 27 now have celtic arm bands and symbols etc cos they are the most popular. Those over 50 who have had them over 30 years are nearly all just a smudgy blob cos of the inks they used then were not as good.
By the way - it hurt like hell but has not put me off. Just not sure where or what as yet.

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4.

A rose on my stomach, a blue butterfly on my right shoulder, a forget-me-not on my left shoulder and a welsh dragon at the bottom of my back.

kteelvr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So maybe the shoulder blade might be best. The lower back is kind of sensitive. But I think they look so sexy there! I think I have a high tolerance for pain; I had a baby!! I really do want one. My birthday is coming up, maybe I'll treat myself. I may have to do a few shots before hand to get my nerve up....

kitkatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont have any yet. I was waitig until I found a design that I liked first. But with my Gradfather passing away recently I drew his up and I will probably get it done.

The initials are my grandparents'.

moo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well - I did it!!

Just before Christmas I got another tatt - the one that I wanted on my foot (referred to in an earlier post).

It is the same as my hubby's - his is on his arm.

It is the symbol for West (our surname) in Chinese!!

Let me tell all of you who might be thinking of tattooing your feet - it hurt like nothing else. I was laughing hysterically the whole time - if I hadn't been laughing I would have been crying. I could not believe how painful it was. Even the guy doing it who was COVERED in tatts said he wouldn't ever get one on his foot - now I know why! Luckily it only took about 15 mins and I would do it all again, I like it way more than it hurt. People told me that the one on my lower back would hurt but it was nothing compared to this - which is why when people said my foot would hurt I didn't believe them but it is true!!

kteelvr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That looks really cool on your foot! I've never seen that before. You are much braver than me that's for sure!

22angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a small (probably about 1 to 1 1/2 inches) rose on my left ankle, just plain black. I really like it, and as I'm not an adventurous type, it suits me. No one believed me when I got it done. They had to wait like two weeks to make sure it was still there! lol I don't have a pic of it...maybe I should do that sometime! lol My sister has one on her shoulder, a seahorse, and a (much larger than mine) larger rose on her calf, right above her ankle. It looks nice and she has color in it, but I like mine. Someday I might get color in mine, but not right now. Her husband has a couple too I think. A guitar on his upper arm, and I'm not sure what else.

Did you know, for all of you contemplating getting tattoos on your lower back that they won't give you an epidural (during childbirth) if you have a tattoo there? At least up here in Canada they won't. That's what they told my sister when she went in to have her baby. Not that she could have had one anyways lol. (She got to the hospital at 9:30am and had the baby at 9:48am). Just a little info that may come in handy for you!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she had really needed an epidural, they can give one with lower back tattoos. That started going around several years ago, to discourage young women from getting tattooed. My SO is a tattoo artist, and we checked that out thoroughly when we heard it, even speaking to several ob/gyns and a doctor that was once a big deal in the CDC. They all said they give epidurals by feel, not sight, and tattoos do not affect them. Sounds like someone was trying to scare your sister. Not nice!