How many of us have a tattoo?

sal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nope - none here either! I was supposed to have one when my friend had hers, but I bottled out. Hers went septic though and looked horrible, so I was really glad I didn't have one done in the end

myste

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think I'll ever get a tattoo. I mean, am I really going to appreciate it when I'm 80? I think not. My dad has one he got in the army and it looks awful now, and he's only 65. I might consider a *SMALL* tatto, a rose or a pawprint, on my ankle where it'd be covered by socks.

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always wanted one, but hubby won't let me....I just want a butterfly or unicorn on my hip....is it very painful having one on your hip?

kittenkaboodle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a bird on my shoulder and roses wrapped in barb wire (story of my life) on my ankle, have plans to get 3 more. My other half is a tattooist, and i did a tatt on him once, it was aweful, felt worse than getting one, made me sick, i didnt finish it

K.K.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm entirely way too chicken. I've given birth to 2 kids, but tatoos?? NO WAY!!

I saw Colby's after it was done, and it really looks cool...I wish I was brave enough
But I'm not!

Not to mention, hubby isn't too keen on them...he likes me plain and simple!

dericiph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sword of truth, on my left shoulder. Its a symbolic sword from Terry Goodkinds Sword of Truth/Wizards first rule series.

chrizluvzcatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever actually hidden a tatoo and whoever they were hiding it from didn't find out? I have a pawprint on my big toe like a toe ring. It hurt really bad!!! But of course it looks so cute

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The TM is Ted's initals
Ted Mortimer
And it barely hurt at all
shell I was young and drunk when I got mine[Ted was not a paster then]

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got two. The pic is of the one on my left thigh, a bit above the knee. It's a combination of the NIN from Nine Inch Nails' Sin single and the cover art from Rosetta Stone's Adrenalize CD. These are my two favorite bands and I figured the design is abstract enough that if I ever don't like them, the design is still cool. The other tat is vampire bites on my chest, so I won't show you a picture of those! My mother thought they were "cute".

I'd really like to get more!! I would like to get a butterfly in honor of my mother, and I want to get something Egyptian too. It really doesn't hurt, at least mine didn't. Depends on where you get them, too. If you want to know what it feels like, take a needle and scratch (not jab!) yourself with it. OK, so this goes on for hours depending on the size of the tat, but that's what it felt like for me.

sandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a wolf with a rose on the side of my leg (towards the ankle).

auroraviva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope! I'm in the conservative club too! LOL! I've got each ear double-pierced. That's enough for me!
I've done henna tattoos, and liked those, but I don't like anything enough that I'd want it with me permanently! (And yes, I'm a huge chicken, to boot!)

G

ghostuser

I have three,
1.the first a kitty on my ankle up my right leg,
2. then I got a piece on my neck. It covers the entire back and kinda comes around to the front but if my hairs are down then u can't see
3. a celtic wrist band
AND on thursday I'm getting another
4. a celtic love knot on my forarm!!!

williewz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've always heard that the closer it is to a bone, the more it hurts, and that the stomach is particularly sensitive. Members with multiple tats, what say you? True or false?

(I'm too chicken to get one. Me and pain are not real good friends)

G

ghostuser

WillieWz,

I thought the tattoo on my ankle hurt the most, of course I was younger and my thresthold for pain was lower.(Since I didn't have much pain before and was only a baby...like 16yrs old) The kitty down there starts out with his feet and tail right on the ankle bone....OUCH!!!!!!!!!! and as he goes up my leg I don't remember it hurting quite so badly.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
here's my tattoo.. Inspired by the bacardi bat on my lower back so it can be hidden when I want it to be.. And it HURT.. And I am NEVER getting another one, I can't even believe I got this one!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Willie, that is true. Tattoos over bones are generally more painful. The rib cage is the most painful place you can get a tattoo, even if you have plenty of meat on your bones. The collarbone is probably the next most painful place. The older you get, the more painful they are, also. At 18, I slept through them. At 44, I whine a bit. Ok, a lot. I love having them, but I hate getting them.

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the one on my back didn't hurt very much but the one on the back of my neck was a bit uncomfortable.

I was soooo scared when I got the one on my back and it wasn't anywhere near as painful as I thought it would be.

It was such a rush afterwards that I was showing total strangers!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember that day you posted, when I read it I was amazed that Colby got a tattoo- considering how she posted earlier she felt about them! LOL Then she went out and got another one. Twelve more to go Colby and you catch up with Sandie!