Purraise
I don't know. How can I check? Should I feel her tummy

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How's she acting? It's hard to tell if there are more. You can try to feel her tummy.

You may want to bed down in the room with her so you're there if she needs you, but you get some rest.

That last one looks small. Is it?

Are all three nursing now?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I weighed it quickly and it came in at 100g. They are all nursing but moggy looks like could go another round. I have a pillow and sleeping bag so I will definitely stay with her. She kind of panics when the kittens are coming out and thrashes around alot. With the last one she shot out of the nest so I won't leave her. I honesty can't thank you enough. If there are more the gloves are off.

Number two kitten was 102g

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh lord she is panting again. Stay close pleeeeeeeease

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm glad they are all nursing. That's a good sign they are healthy, and 100 grams isn't bad at all!

I hope all continues to go well, and it's good you're staying with her. You've done a superb job so far. Perhaps this will be her last one!

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do hope so, she looks so tired. Her tummy still feels a bit big. I think there's definitely another cos of the way she is panting and her rounded tummy

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Number 4 kitten out. Perfect delivery. Moggy is my hero.

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How long for placenta to deliver? Kitten born 10 min ago placenta still in mom and shes not chewrd cord. Baby not nursing. Should i be worried. Still attach to mom. Should i cut cord

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive cut cord and baby is nursing. 92g birth weight but still no placenta.

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Placenta out and moggy looks exhausted but i think theres more to come

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK here's the update. Moggy is still labouring. Shes had kitten 5 and is just preparing for what I believe is kitten 6. She has been in labour since about 10pm yesterday and its now 8.30am. She is getting more and more tired and needing more and more help but I take my hat off to this little moggy, shes a fighter

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Moggy last delivered at 7.11am. Its now 10.22 uk time. She showed all signs of having more, now 3 hrs later after all that panting and purring she has suddenly got up and gone had something to eat and is now drinking mountain fulls of water. Is this normal. It still feels like there is at least one more kittem in her tum. Please advise. Really feeling anxious.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry there was no one to answer. It was the middle of the night on the East coast of the US.

The scenario you describe is perfectly normal.

I'm glad to hear that she's done such a great job, and so have you.

How are you both holding up? Did she have one more kitten? Or perhaps it was after pains.

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's fine I completly understand. I think I was just hoping any one from anywhere in the world would be there but as it turned out she did just fine bless her.

I found the last bit completely baffling. All the way through each birth there was a pattern. Then after number 5 she followed the same pattern, rested for an hour or so, took some food, then would be purring and breathing fast, then faster and panting, then the odd grunt and then the meowing followed by contractions and out they come. She did all of that except when it came to the panting it was real open mouth panting and purring wildly then panting. Fought to keep her eyes open. The suddenly up she got, ate then had looooads to drink, burped loudly then lay beside me. She was still breathing quick fast and purring but with nothing since. Her tummy feels all lumpy and not altogether soft so I wondered if she had simply exhausted herself and was going to delay labour or something amazingly cat like

Last edited:

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh and just for the record she held my arm leading up to the last one then panicked and promptly delivered the last kitten literally in my lap. Amazing. What a star she is