How long til my foster cat gives birth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I think little jasmine (she now has a name) may be gearing up to have her babies. Thanks for the info Sarthur2 Sarthur2 . I've had a good read. Last night jasmine seemed very quiet. This morning she is in and out of her nest and meowing to me. She has climbed onto my lap for a belly rub but doesn't seem to settle. So hard to judge her behaviour when I know so little about her. I could be reading her all wrong but she just seems different to me today. Where before she was happy to lay on the floor, she seems to be spending more time in her nest now. Fingers crossed that this is it and she delivers her kittens safely.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It does sound like she may be having contractions due to her restlessness. Keep us posted! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jasmine is definitely in labour. See meows if I left the room and has posiTunes herself between my legs. The babies are well down and her genitals look wet and swollen. She is purring constantly but it's not a normal purr. It's more of a rythmic growl type purr. I think we may be close.

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has gone into her nest now. She does this rythmic purr then she gives a little push. But she is not pushing regularly. Is this normal folks ?

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
catwoman707 catwoman707 @Handsome Kitty not sure what time it is in America. Jasmine is mouth breathing now but still lay on her side in the nest. She just gets up and moves around a bit then goes back on her side. She has been like this for approx 5 hrs. Is this normal ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
D donnak

How is she now? It sounds like hard labor to me. Cause for concern is pushing steadily for an hour with no results.

That was her mucus plug!

Last edited:

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jasmine delivered 4 healthy babies with ease. She did so well and is now resting with a big bowl of fresh chicken and krm. Will post pics

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wonderful! I was about to post to your thread again as I was concerned. Sorry we were not on the forum when you needed us.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jasmine delivered 4 healthy babies with ease. She did so well and is now resting with a big bowl of fresh chicken and krm. Will post pics
Excellent! Yes, I too apologize for not being here when you needed support.

So glad to read she has done well and babies are all good. I'm sure you are very relieved!  

We need pics! 

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi guys. Please don't apologise. We are on the other side of the world!! You guys are just fab. I will send some individual pics of jasmines babies. She did so well. She had some pretty hard contractions but she stayed lovely and calm. Lowest both weight was 104g highest 118g. All babes are suckling well and gaining weight.

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Promise to send some sure cute individual pics tomorrow. In the meantime let me introduce you to some of my beauties.....these are my own kitties.