How long til my foster cat gives birth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 hi there. Hope all is well with everyone. I've been following quite a few threads on here, thought it was time for an update. The kitten house is doing really well. We rehomed 93 cats and kittens last season and I've just had my first mommy in this season. From Dec to Jan I didn't have any in so I was helping at the rescue we are now linked to. Plus I've just completed a animal welfare and basic vetinary course. Ist it strange where life leads you. It all started here with you helping me with my very first foster cat. Here are few updates for you. Hope you enjoy them x

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
here's my little Kenna again. She came in as a hand rear at approx 5 days old. She would suck my lip for comfort and slept on my pillow.

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've just been reading a post about giving krm. I have a queen in who is possibly 6 weeks pregnant and she has diahorrea. I've started her in gastrointestinal wet and dry food and and adding probiotic to her food. I'm also giving 4ml kaolin daily. I would normally give krm but don't want to make the diahorrea worse. She didn't come in with diahorrea, it was only after eating wet food and the vet thinks it's dietary. What else can anyone suggest to firm her up. I'm worried that she in case she is not getting all she needs for her babies. She is otherwise fit and well with no raised temp.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
D donnak

Hello! We've missed you! [emoji]128571[/emoji]

The pictures are fantastic! 93 cats and kittens - wow! I'm very impressed, and bless you for your giving heart that has saved so many of our furry friends!

Try adding a tablespoon of plain, canned pumpkin to each wet food meal. It adds bulk and will usually firm a stool.

For extra protein you can mix a raw egg yolk into her food in lieu of the KMR for now.

I hope she is better soon. If not, ask for an anti-diarrheal from the vet.

Keep us posted! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
New furbaby in. Baby having a baby [emoji]128546[/emoji]. History unknown. Found wandering. Have flead and wormed as best I can. Used frontline flea and worming syrup which can be used in nursing and pregnant cats. Not sure how effective it will b though. Vet checked and vet reckons approx 8 to 10 months perhaps. Previous litters. Expecting maybe 3 kittens any day now.

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to get to know her so I can maybe gauge any behaviourAl changes. So far she is friendly and loves fuss, particularly belly rubs. I've put 2 beds in the room along with food water litter tray scratch pads and toys but she refuses to go into the large dome or the open bed. She chooses to lay on the floor. Wondering whether to replace beds with a large cardboard box??? Any ideas.

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She seems a bit more quiet today and I think she has eaten less but hard to say as I don't know her well yet . Refresh my memory in signs to look out for please [emoji]9786[/emoji]