How long after loosing the mucus plug does a cat usually go before labour?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm crying like a baby haha! Kitten is perfect x little black and white one! Born at 7.47pm, mama hasn't padded the placenta yet tho is this normal?

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry auto correct lol! She has not passed the placenta yet

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will. And she may or may not eat it. If she does not then just discard it. Make sure there is a placenta for each kitten.

Any more yet?

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes 2nd one born at 8.28pm the placenta came for kitten 1 and she ate it and minutes later she pushed for kitten #2 x

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If it's a big litter, allow her to eat around 3 placentas, and throw away the rest. If she eats many, it might cause her to have diarrhea. You might want to try to prevent that ^^

And congratulations on your first 2 kittens! Hope it will all continue to go smooth <3

Last edited:

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it is I still feel at least 3 more I think in there, she's not fed the 2 kittens yet.. she's lay letting them but they won't latch atall,

keller14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awesome! When my Charlie had her kittens, they were all out within 45 minutes... 5 of them! I was astonished. Seems like your baby is doing great and will do everything right being her third litter. Also, it's normal for the cat to wait until all the kittens are born before letting them nurse.

tabbybono

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Missy had 3 then had the last one 8 1/2 hours later than number 3 it can sometimes take time 

but i would say if she wont feed them yet more are on there way soon Missy didn't really let them feed till she was ready to and pushed them away while having contractions so i would not worry just yet

i feel really sorry for them its bad enough pushing 1 out let alone 4/5 at a time without any pain relief

have you tried offering her some KMR or natural yogurt to keep her energy up she will be tired and worn out

Missy went mad for natural yogurt when she was in labor both times  i actually think she was waiting for it this time lol 

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitten no 3 born at 9.41pm x kitten 1 got a latch on just before she pushed for now then it had to stop kitten 2 still can't find a nipple [emoji]128514[/emoji]

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has 4 now, kitten 4 was born at 10.10pm and she has just now passed the placenta for that one, she wouldn't tutch it so iv had to cut the cord for her and dispose of the placenta.. I can still feel more inside, all kittens are now feeding, she is exausted tho, she has had nibbles in between babies x

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm glad the birthing is going well so far, and that you are there to assist. It sounds like she may be having a big litter. Has she had time to nurse yet?

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitten #4 also a boy ( I think) he is 107g and is tabby like hi big brother george from her previous litter ( I fostered him when she first came to me)

Last edited by a moderator: