How long after loosing the mucus plug does a cat usually go before labour?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Dexter is using the mat because he is ready for a litter tray. That is a good place to put it.

This is good news! They will all soon be eating food and using the litter pans. Use kitten-sized pans for now, and show them their pans by putting them in. Also praise them when they use it. Sounds like they will learn fast!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I'm going to pets at home on Wednesday to get a kitten tray I can't get there till then as my partner has our car for work.. untill then they will have to keep going on the mat.. peppa's tray is a little too deep for them to get in too, I should of got a kitten tray sooner I was planning on getting one this weekend I didn't think they would start doing it alone before then lol!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can easily use a metal or glass baking pan or pie plate in the meantime to facilitate training. Just add litter. If you'd like, you can put paper on the bottom before adding litter. This will do until you get to the store. Probably better than the mat!

Last edited:

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got the kittens there tray today and they have all been on for a wee! They have done brilliant, I couldn't resist and got then a little scratching post and loads of kitten toys little balls and mice :) with me keeping liyla they will all come in handy anyway once the others leave, my own 5 cats don't really bother playing with toys anymore now there older unless it's got catnip in it [emoji]128514[/emoji] x

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

liyla first time I thaught she might just explore it but she actually did a wee like her brothers, liyla seems to do things a little bit behind her brothers they all seem to do somthing new and it takes her a day or 2 to catch on, all her brothers have been squatting and doing a wee for a few days and up untill today peppa has still been stimulating her! She has also become the smallest even Toby the runt is now bigger than her, I'm not sure if it's because she's a girl, she is very healthy and playful and she feeds just as much as the others..

dexter makes me laugh how he lays down to do his wee [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited by a moderator: